Amazon.ca

Scotch Thermal Lamintor (5 min warm-up, model TL902-C) on sale $18.98

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2020 6:03 pm
[OP]
Jan 19, 2007
83 posts
56 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Scotch Thermal Lamintor (5 min warm-up, model TL902-C) on sale $18.98

Just got a CCCamel notification that the price for this thermal lamintor is now $18.98, regular price is usually 29.99. Not the lowest it's been but not that bad.

Cheers!
32 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
2492 posts
2188 upvotes
Markham
Came to post and see you already did.
-------
Thank you
Jul 13, 2007
359 posts
168 upvotes
Calgary
Has anybody tried the AmazonBasics laminating sheets? Are the comparable to scotch brand?
May 14, 2012
34 posts
18 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
I bought the AmazonBasics laminating sheets a while back, I didn't find anything wrong with them. Quality is very decent, now mind you, I've not used scotch sheets so I can't compare.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2003
2111 posts
301 upvotes
GTA
ns_guy wrote: Has anybody tried the AmazonBasics laminating sheets? Are the comparable to scotch brand?
They're good. I only have a few sheets of the Scotch ones, but I'd say they were pretty comparable, and a really good deal for the price.
Jul 19, 2013
151 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
ns_guy wrote: Has anybody tried the AmazonBasics laminating sheets? Are the comparable to scotch brand?
I tried the one that came with the laminator and bought a pack of Amazon and they’re the same. Would buy the Amazon since it’s cheaper
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3567 posts
3581 upvotes
I have this machine and am using the Amazon basic ones. Works just fine.
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
11860 posts
104990 upvotes
Ontario
the new one is better. 5x the speed!
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2717 posts
1106 upvotes
Gta
Well this is annoying l I signed up for 3 camels alert on this laminator and I received no email! Thanks for the post otherwise I would have never known!
Koodo member
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2002
3484 posts
913 upvotes
Thanks OP. We’ve been making learning material for our kids during COVID and have been using packing tape on paper glued to construction paper. No one laugh.
Oct 5, 2002
517 posts
118 upvotes
I went through about 70 sheets of the AmazonBasics laminating sheets in the past few months making various Covid warning signs. They look yellow before laminating, but after laminating they are clear and don't distort or discolour the contents inside. They don't allow the 8.5 x 11 paper to slip and fit perfectly prior to laminating, so the end result is that the edges are not totally balanced after laminating. They are quite thick but still can be cut one sheet at a time using standard paper cutter if you are making small laminates.
Dec 4, 2013
485 posts
228 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Scotch Thermal Laminator Machine, 5 Minute Warm-up, 9" Input, for Laminating Sheets Up to 5-Mil Thick: Scotch Thermal Laminator: Amazon

I've had my eye on this product for awhile, this is the cheapest I've ever seen it. I've never personally used it, but the reviews and ratings are pretty good.

Note: You have to buy the laminating sheets (laminating pouches) separately.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2006
1125 posts
1441 upvotes
The amazon basics laminating pouches are cheaper than the ones bundle with the laminator:
https://www.amazon.ca/AmazonBasics-Ther ... B00BWU3HNY

I almost complete the purchase, but when I think about how many lamination I have done in the last 10 years, I just cannot justify the purchase.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
3007 posts
3864 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Cool itembut probably won't use it, had a laminator before and only used it once
😎Thanks RFD😎
Dec 4, 2013
485 posts
228 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Keny wrote: The amazon basics laminating pouches are cheaper than the ones bundle with the laminator:

I almost complete the purchase, but when I think about how many lamination I have done in the last 10 years, I just cannot justify the purchase.
According to customer Q&A, this laminator seems to be compatible with Amazon Basics laminating pouches.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2004
3121 posts
1463 upvotes
pistoche wrote: According to customer Q&A, this laminator seems to be compatible with Amazon Basics laminating pouches.
Yes, they absolutely are. The amazon basic pouches are the same quality as the scotch ones for a lot cheaper when bought in bulk (and even more when on subscription). We go through thousands of lamination sheets at my offices every year and the Amazon Basics ones save us a ton.

The scotch machines are also great as well- we usually only break about 1 or max, 2 machines per year. Which is pretty impressive considering each machine probably laminates about 2000 sheets before it goes poop (usually the roller mechanism inside stops working).

Thanks for the headsup, OP- I've ordered another one as a backup for one of my offices.

Edit: 2000 sheets, not 200 sheets before the machines break lol
Sep 25, 2019
845 posts
1871 upvotes
pistoche wrote: According to customer Q&A, this laminator seems to be compatible with Amazon Basics laminating pouches.
The Amazon basic sheets are not good. It does stick to the paper and sometimes will wrinkle when going through the machine.

I go through 200+ laminate sheets each month.

Stick with Scotch, it's not expensive when on sale.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
16641 posts
4372 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Keny wrote: The amazon basics laminating pouches are cheaper than the ones bundle with the laminator:

I still have one BNIB from last time this was posted lol

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)