• Last Updated:
  • Apr 3rd, 2020 10:27 am
[OP]
Banned
Apr 1, 2020
12 posts
39 upvotes

Scotia iTrade Account - Opened 1 week back - Still not active

I am an existing Scotiabank Chequing account client.

So after logging into Scotiabank online, I opened a Scotia iTrade Account. Now I can see that trading account and my checking account when I log in.

But it is not active yet. All documents were digitally signed and my I'D was also uploaded when I opened that iTrade account. Plus considering that I am an existing Scotiabank Chequing account client, should it not be active by now?

Or do I have to mail them some documents and wait for a welcome kit in mail?

Also when it becomes active do I log in through Scotiabank.can or Scotia iTrade for trading?

I mean will the user name/card number and password be same for both Scotiabank and Scotia iTrade? Or 2 separate log in process.

Also I have opened a Scotia iTrade TFSA account, so do I HAVE to mail in a Successor and/or Beneficiary form, before this trading account becomes active? Is that what is holding it up?

I have sent them 2-3 messages from the internal Scotiabank secure message centre, but no response for almost a week.

Not sure if Scotiabank and Scotia iTrade are run as 2 totally different entities and even though I can see the iTrade account in my Scotiabank bank online banking, they won't help me.
9 replies
Aug 27, 2012
513 posts
511 upvotes
Calgary
They are run as two separate entities. Regular bank/branch employees have absolutely no way of seeing, let alone accessing your iTrade stuff and as a result won’t be able to help you in any way shape or form.
[OP]
Banned
Apr 1, 2020
12 posts
39 upvotes
pauliaK wrote: They are run as two separate entities. Regular bank/branch employees have absolutely no way of seeing, let alone accessing your iTrade stuff and as a result won’t be able to help you in any way shape or form.
What about Scotiabank online internal message system?

When I log into my Scotiabank I see the Scotia iTrade Account. When I send them a message on the drop down list under subject, I see Scotia iTrade so you can send them a message specifically related to Scotia iTrade. I am not logging through iTrade, I am logging through www.scotiabank.ca their personal banking site.

I know the branch employees won't help me.
[OP]
Banned
Apr 1, 2020
12 posts
39 upvotes
I mean is the Scotia bank and Scotia iTrade -

User name/ Card number and password same for both for login?Thinking Face

The trading password might be different and additional. But the initial login is it same for both?.

Because www.scotiitrade.com log in just redirects me to www.scotiabank.com regular banking log in.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1009 upvotes
Saskatoon
Have you tried to contact Scotiabank?
https://www.scotiaitrade.com/en/direct- ... ct-us.html
No need to type thank you; upvote=thanks.
Buffett, investors are focusing “not on what an asset will produce but rather on what the next fellow will pay for it.”

“Because gold is honest money it is disliked by dishonest men.” – R. Paul
Aug 27, 2012
513 posts
511 upvotes
Calgary
If there’s such an option it should go to someone who can answer iTrade related questions, most likely iTrade itself. Have you tried calling iTrade specific phone number for help?
Oct 8, 2019
2 posts
Saint John NB
It took around 10 days before my account was activated. I received an email telling me I was ready to go. No good calling I was on hold for 2.5 hours before I gave up. I did send an email that took about 1 week to get a reply.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7957 posts
4576 upvotes
Alberta
PaulJ1962 wrote: It took around 10 days before my account was activated. I received an email telling me I was ready to go. No good calling I was on hold for 2.5 hours before I gave up. I did send an email that took about 1 week to get a reply.
I'm with TDDI and would be more than happy to see an account activated in 10 days. Setting up my wife's account took 4 weeks and my daughter's account took 6 weeks. Hold time on the phone averaged 3hrs for us.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
1025 posts
306 upvotes
My new RBC accounts seems function terrible now, order cannot see in level 2.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
8320 posts
4264 upvotes
I am still in the process of setting up my iTrade account. There has been some back and forth with filling out the forms and now I am waiting for a document from the provincial government that I fear will never come because of the virus situation.