Personal Finance

Scotia iTrade will start charging $2-3 for monthly paper statements and and paper trade confirmations

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2018 10:01 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
1865 posts
1262 upvotes
GTA

Scotia iTrade will start charging $2-3 for monthly paper statements and and paper trade confirmations

I just received this email in my Scotia iTrade account. Fees are pretty steep - I guess i'm going paperless now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please note that starting on or after March 31, 2018, Scotia iTRADE® will be introducing a new fee for the delivery of the following paper documents:

$3.00 for each paper statement
$2.00 for each paper trade confirmation
To avoid this fee, we encourage you to change your current preferences to electronic document delivery if you haven't done so. It is an easy and convenient way to keep all your important financial information stored and organized in one place. You can modify your current preferences through Manage my accounts>>Document Delivery>>Scotia Wealth Management and Scotia iTRADE.

Plus, going paperless could also lower your commissions starting on or after March 31, 2018. Visit scotiaitrade.com to determine if your commissions would be positively impacted.

If you have any questions regarding these changes, please email us at service@scotiaitrade.com.
4 replies
Mar 6, 2007
712 posts
86 upvotes
Thanks Kasm. I also saw this, but I can't seem find it in my iTrade Communications Centre anymore...
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52935 posts
18144 upvotes
ONTARIO
Aside from stubborn old geezers... I don't think this is a bad idea at all. Its just so easy to get all the information you need online.
I have paper statements by default for my trading account... They always end up getting recycled... But they're great for lining the bottom of my compost bin, rubbish bin, and kitty litter.
Also great for making filters for your doobs.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
1865 posts
1262 upvotes
GTA
reminder if you have not already changed your settings to go paperless, they start charging today.
Aug 22, 2010
1 posts
Richmond Hill
The problem with online statements, particularly for ones that may need a year or two down the road, is that these institutions usually only allow you to search for the previous 12 months. I'm helping with a CRA audit requiring statements from 18 months ago and it requires manual ordering of paper copies at additional fees. So be careful of losing access to statements you might need later on.