Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite card

Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite FYF + 10% back on $2k (first 3 months) + $60 GCR

Jul 7, 2016
605 posts
1232 upvotes

[Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite card] Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite FYF + 10% back on $2k (first 3 months) + $60 GCR

Offer details
To qualify for the 10% cash back and annual fee waiver offer, make sure to:
1. Open a new customer Scotia Momentum® Visa Infinite* credit card account by November 1, 2020.
2. Use your new card to make everyday eligible purchases and earn 10% cash back on the first $2,000 you spend in your first 3 months from account opening.

We’ll credit your account in 2 instalments:
Bonus Cash Back: The amount earned under the Cash Back Bonus Rate will be credited to your Account within 7 months from the account open date; and
Regular Cash Back: The amount earned under your regular Cash Back Program Rate will be credited to your Account according to the regular cash back payment schedule as set out under the Program (i.e., November).
Individuals who are currently or were previously primary or secondary cardholders of a Scotiabank retail credit card in the past 2 years, including those that switch from an existing Scotiabank retail credit card, as well as employees of Scotiabank, are not eligible for the offers.

Some observations:
  • GCR has a sign-up bonus of $60
  • Some people have reported receiving the welcome bonus despite owning a Scotiabank credit card within the last two years. YMMV.
  • Bonus cash back may take up to 7 months to be credited to your account but many people reported receiving it earlier.
  • Regular cash back is credited to the account in the program schedule in November. If you sign up for the card prior to November with no intention to keep the card, it is best to spend the full $2,000 before November and cancel once you receive your regular cash back in November plus bonus cash back within 7 months (before the annual fee is charged).
Last edited by Presents on Sep 1st, 2020 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
69 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2014
1406 posts
750 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
I literally signed up yesterday. They asked for income verification, so hopefully I can get in on this deal.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
2388 posts
2200 upvotes
Presents wrote: Individuals who are currently or were previously primary or secondary cardholders of a Scotiabank retail credit card in the past 2 years, including those that switch from an existing Scotiabank retail credit card, as well as employees of Scotiabank, are not eligible for the offers.

Some people have reported receiving the welcome bonus despite owning a Scotiabank credit card within the last two years. YMMV.
Going to need more DPs on this...anyone with an existing Scotia card (non-Momentum Visa) who got the WB CB?
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
2125 posts
1481 upvotes
Near You
Not a bad card. Scotiabank has a habit of asking for income verification, though, so YMMV if you can get the deal.
Cards: Amex Platinum • Aeroplan Reserve • Chase AP • CSR • Bonvoy
Banking: Wise • HSBC • TD • Tangerine • Chase
Flights: AC SE • KLM SilverBA Silver
Mobile: AT&T • Fizz • Google Fi • Free.fr
Nov 30, 2017
469 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto
Awesome card, sighed up last November and racked up over $930 in cashback so far (excluding the 10% bonus).

Make sure to pay your rent through it via Get Digs to get 4% back (approximately 3% after Get Digs' fee).
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
income verification = no go for me!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2991 posts
2815 upvotes
+1000000 upvotes
What's the other website that offers gift cards for credit card sign-ups? Was it ratesupermarket or greedyrates?... sometimes they will offer better sign-up bonuses than GCR
Always buy now & think later, or else you'll regret your decision forever.
The first rule of RFD is to not talk about RFD or call customer service to ask about price errors.
The second rule of RFD is to not forget about the first rule.
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2008
10276 posts
9274 upvotes
Kitchener
Seems like a substandard rewards card. MBNA Rewards World Elite is better (2% on everything), $50 GCR signup bonus plus $250 bonus points ($2000 spending in 90 days and paperless billing), secondary card is free. No first year free though.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2015
1678 posts
585 upvotes
Sounds like FYF does not apply if you had a card in last 2 years either.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2009
1676 posts
1424 upvotes
Toronto
One of the worst banks/cards to work with. They required me to go to a branch to verify income and pick up the card and also held my cashback for over 6 months. Took multiple calls to get it released
Jan 9, 2010
188 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
Rob_EV wrote: Seems like a substandard rewards card. MBNA Rewards World Elite is better (2% on everything), $50 GCR signup bonus plus $250 bonus points ($2000 spending in 90 days and paperless billing), secondary card is free. No first year free though.
Cancel before the annual fee for next year hits and you'll be ahead with the Scotia card.

Also, use it for the 4% categories after the 10% promotional bonus.
Dec 26, 2012
466 posts
145 upvotes
MILTON
sports1 wrote: Going to need more DPs on this...anyone with an existing Scotia card (non-Momentum Visa) who got the WB CB?
I’m interested to know too. I have the gold amex but I’ve been waiting for the 10% promotion to come back.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2004
3724 posts
869 upvotes
Toronto
crayzie wrote: Cancel before the annual fee for next year hits and you'll be ahead with the Scotia card.

Also, use it for the 4% categories after the 10% promotional bonus.
Careful with that. They pay your earnings when your membership renews. I'm planning on cancelling after a couple of years with them and have to wait until after I pay my next annual before I get the rewards.
Jul 31, 2012
751 posts
1071 upvotes
Toronto
No income verification needed when I applied
Feb 5, 2012
431 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
JKCanada wrote: Awesome card, sighed up last November and racked up over $930 in cashback so far (excluding the 10% bonus).

Make sure to pay your rent through it via Get Digs to get 4% back (approximately 3% after Get Digs' fee).
I suppose the $25K 4% limit on this case is met by GstDigs alone. Do you use this card for anything else? It would give 1% once you are over 25K.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
8018 posts
1780 upvotes
Toronto
Would I be applicable for the 10% cashback bonus if I switch from the Scotia Visa infinite to this?
Dec 12, 2007
980 posts
454 upvotes
Toronto
So what i read because the deadline to apply is by nov 1,2020 then that means there’s no way to get the regular cash back before the annual fee hits

Does this mean we just get the bonus and forfeit the regular cash back by cancelling before November?

Is anyone seeing it the way I do?
Nov 5, 2011
92 posts
52 upvotes
Markham
Presents wrote: Offer details
To qualify for the 10% cash back and annual fee waiver offer, make sure to:
1. Open a new customer Scotia Momentum® Visa Infinite* credit card account by November 1, 2020.
2. Use your new card to make everyday eligible purchases and earn 10% cash back on the first $2,000 you spend in your first 3 months from account opening.

We’ll credit your account in 2 instalments:
Bonus Cash Back: The amount earned under the Cash Back Bonus Rate will be credited to your Account within 7 months from the account open date; and
Regular Cash Back: The amount earned under your regular Cash Back Program Rate will be credited to your Account according to the regular cash back payment schedule as set out under the Program (i.e., November).
Individuals who are currently or were previously primary or secondary cardholders of a Scotiabank retail credit card in the past 2 years, including those that switch from an existing Scotiabank retail credit card, as well as employees of Scotiabank, are not eligible for the offers.

Some observations:
  • GCR has a sign-up bonus of $60
  • Some people have reported receiving the welcome bonus despite owning a Scotiabank credit card within the last two years. YMMV.
  • Bonus cash back may take up to 7 months to be credited to your account but many people reported receiving it earlier.
  • Regular cash back is credited to the account in the program schedule in November. If you sign up for the card prior to November with no intention to keep the card, it is best to spend the full $2,000 before November and cancel once you receive your regular cash back in November plus bonus cash back within 7 months (before the annual fee is charged).
May I know "GCR" is refering to this site?

https://www.greatcanadianrebates.ca

If so, may I know if anyone joined? Is it legit and safe? Where is the rebate coming from? That's $60 cash back.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2004
1211 posts
740 upvotes
I signed up for this last year but apparently missed the cutoff by a day so never picked up my card and instead cancelled it.

Would I be eligible this time?