Expired Hot Deals

Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite card

ScotiaBank Momentum VISA Infinite FYF (inc additional cardholder) + 10% back in first 3 months

Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9049 posts
4884 upvotes
mistytalon wrote: Anyone know if Save-on foods codes/7-Eleven as grocery? These are the places I get most of my gift cards from
I would suggest buying something inexpensive from a place and see what happens on your cashback BEFORE investing in a bunch of gift cards or something expensive.
May 1, 2008
52 posts
39 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
aweawea wrote: Mind sharing which recurring payees were dropped, for the curious? Upside-down Face
If I recall, MSF the charity and Zoomer Wireless were dropped, while Rogers, Netflix, and Presto were still recurring.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1626 posts
1081 upvotes
Near You
Anyone know if Public Mobile prepaid on autopay counts as recurring bills, or no?
• AMEX PlatinumAeroplan Reserve
• MC BrimSTACK • Visa CIBC Aeroplan VIPTD Aeroplan VI
• TD • HSBC Premier • Tangerine • Fido 25GB/35$ • Public Mobile • Google Fi • Novus 1GIG/60$
Jan 11, 2017
47 posts
172 upvotes
Is there somewhere in my scotia online account that shows the 10% bonus earned so far? Or will it be done automatically later on? All i see so far for my purchases is 1% earned category
Thanks
Feb 28, 2015
882 posts
258 upvotes
Montreal, QC
mistytalon wrote: Anyone know if Public Mobile prepaid on autopay counts as recurring bills, or no?
Didn't pass as recurring for me :( (same as Fizz by the way), at least there's no loss due to the promo rate :), once that's done they're going back to MBNA RWE (2%)
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2010
1080 posts
442 upvotes
nahsha wrote: Didn't pass as recurring for me :( (same as Fizz by the way), at least there's no loss due to the promo rate :), once that's done they're going back to MBNA RWE (2%)
Yep, I can confirm: not recurring just 1%.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
6770 posts
3879 upvotes
1094197 wrote: Is there somewhere in my scotia online account that shows the 10% bonus earned so far? Or will it be done automatically later on? All i see so far for my purchases is 1% earned category
Thanks
It will show on your monthly Statement reward total. Also total reward Balance on-line in your acct.
Feb 12, 2020
367 posts
553 upvotes
I'm looking for a DP from someone that's held the card since last year or previous years.

Does the annual fee count towards the $2000 spend? I'm asking because the CIBC dividend card counted the annual fee (which was refunded but cashback amount was unchanged) towards the 10% cashback rate.
Nov 30, 2017
423 posts
313 upvotes
Toronto
Walmart is not set up as Supermarket? Seriously..
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1626 posts
1081 upvotes
Near You
JKCanada wrote: Walmart is not set up as Supermarket? Seriously..
Walmart never codes as supermarket.

Save-on-foods and Pricesmart foods are in the 4% category, though. If that helps.
• AMEX PlatinumAeroplan Reserve
• MC BrimSTACK • Visa CIBC Aeroplan VIPTD Aeroplan VI
• TD • HSBC Premier • Tangerine • Fido 25GB/35$ • Public Mobile • Google Fi • Novus 1GIG/60$
May 1, 2008
52 posts
39 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
mistytalon wrote: Walmart never codes as supermarket.

Save-on-foods and Pricesmart foods are in the 4% category, though. If that helps.
The 4% groceries category is based on merchant code. Neither Wal-mart nor Costco is in this category.
Last edited by Kushana on Feb 21st, 2020 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 12, 2006
461 posts
354 upvotes
ON
Kushana wrote: The 4% grocercies category is based on merchant code. Neither Wal-mart nor Costco is in this category.
Costco doesn't accept Visa anyways, unless it does online?
May 1, 2008
52 posts
39 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Canuck485 wrote: Costco doesn't accept Visa anyways, unless it does online?
Costco online does accept VISA, but this comment was also for those MC users who have a merchant code-based rewards program.
Nov 5, 2012
39 posts
95 upvotes
I bought $1500 worth of Costco cash card on Costco.ca to maximize the initial 10% ROS on this card.
-=MK=- wrote: Reading the fine print I see that if you want to yield the best return on this offer, you are better using that 10% $2000 limit on something that will normally only get you 1%.

"If the Regular Cash Back Program Rate for the Groceries and Recurring Payments category is 4% then the Cash Back Bonus Rate will be 6% for that category so that you will earn a total of 10% on the amount of all eligible everyday purchases in that category until the Offer End Date"

So yes while you will eventually get 10% back, spending it on it on 4% categories will only really get you a 6% bonus as opposed to the 9% that you could get.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1927 posts
1471 upvotes
kaliyanto wrote: I bought $1500 worth of Costco cash card on Costco.ca to maximize the initial 10% ROS on this card.
I remember reading some time ago that with the costco cash card, you cannot buy anything that is on sale/marked down/clearance at costco warehouses. It is only good for regular price items at local costcos. Is that true?
Nov 5, 2012
39 posts
95 upvotes
Probably from a Costco employee who was behind his/her quota on Capital One Costco Mastercard sign ups.....
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2006
1698 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
Walmart at stock yards registered as a grocery for me. Got 4%.

Rogers phone bill shows as recurring
Fido internet is showing as recurring

Great card.
[rfdlink=http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=48622]HeatWare[/rfdlink]
Samsung 2253BW widescreen 2ms response time
Intel core 2 duo E8400
Patriot viper series 4GB DDR2 pc6200 DDR800 dual channel ram
XFX nvidia 8800GT 255mb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
WD Caviar Black 1TB sata2 7200RPM HDD w/ 32mb cache
Logitech z560 4.1
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9049 posts
4884 upvotes
adilh53 wrote: I remember reading some time ago that with the costco cash card, you cannot buy anything that is on sale/marked down/clearance at costco warehouses. It is only good for regular price items at local costcos. Is that true?
No, not in my experience.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
4714 posts
851 upvotes
Georgetown
Question about highinterestsavings.ca

I find their website to be... well... crap. I applied through their site, but didn't see a place to put in info to recieve the cashback, or a place on the site to indicate the status of the cashback earned, etc.

Basically, I'm curious how I actually get "paid" the cashback. Do I need to fill in info on their website, or?
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
4714 posts
851 upvotes
Georgetown
Also - related to this card and the first $2000 spend. Has anyone noticed if they cherry pick what to apply the first $2000 bonus too... or will it definitely be the "first" $2000 spent on the card.

In other words... if I make sure to spend $2000 on items that would normally give 1% to maximize the bonus, and THEN in the same first billing cycle spend more on items that give 4% bonus... they won't "choose" the 4% bonus spend as part of the intial 2K?