Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite card

ScotiaBank Momentum VISA Infinite FYF (inc additional cardholder) + 10% back in first 3 months

Oct 31, 2013
84 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone knows if 4% cashback works with utilities? specifically enbridge and powerstream? I know their credit card payment system are KUBRA EZ-PAY and Paymentus
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
2125 posts
1481 upvotes
Near You
layman520 wrote: Anyone knows if 4% cashback works with utilities? specifically enbridge and powerstream? I know their credit card payment system are KUBRA EZ-PAY and Paymentus
Be the data point you wish to see.
Cards: Amex Platinum • Aeroplan Reserve • Chase AP • CSR • Bonvoy
Banking: Wise • HSBC • TD • Tangerine • Chase
Flights: AC SE • KLM SilverBA Silver
Mobile: AT&T • Fizz • Google Fi • Free.fr
Jan 22, 2008
90 posts
70 upvotes
Vancouver
mr2711 wrote: looking for more data points. Could you please confirm you got 4% cashback on using Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite with getDigs?
I can also confirm. It's pretty great! Almost too good in fact. Combined with groceries and gas I'm going to max out the $25,000 4% cashback limit.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2019
1858 posts
2304 upvotes
bazzz wrote: I can also confirm. It's pretty great! Almost too good in fact. Combined with groceries and gas I'm going to max out the $25,000 4% cashback limit.
Thanks !!
Vacationing
Aug 10, 2011
76 posts
7 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
bazzz wrote: I can also confirm. It's pretty great! Almost too good in fact. Combined with groceries and gas I'm going to max out the $25,000 4% cashback limit.
I'm thinking of getting this card and using it for GetDigs. When you sign up for GetDigs, does your landlord have to do anything? Or can I just sign up, start paying, and the landlord won't know the difference?
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2008
1887 posts
225 upvotes
GTA
Spawk1028 wrote: How did set up paymentus for reoccurring as I can only see one time payment for Ontario hydro anyway. Is it through bc hydro or the paymentus site?
i'm with enercare and i also only have the option of making a one time payment with my cc through paymentus rather than an auto pay setup..
Jun 11, 2014
439 posts
558 upvotes
Edmonton
casperr wrote: Anyone here using enmax? Why is it not getting 4%? Epcor is using a different merchant code? It was set as pre-authorized but it doesn't work Pouting Face
I used to have ATCO electricity and was getting the 4%, haven’t had any luck since switching to Enmax though
But I get an annual credit from enmax, so I won’t bother switching
Jan 22, 2008
90 posts
70 upvotes
Vancouver
ledgeofknowing wrote: I'm thinking of getting this card and using it for GetDigs. When you sign up for GetDigs, does your landlord have to do anything? Or can I just sign up, start paying, and the landlord won't know the difference?
In my case he didn't have to do anything. Just make sure they know that they'll be getting an e-mail from GetDigs on the appropriate day. My landlord thought it was spam and deleted the e-mail at first. There's an e-mail template on the site you can use to advise them.
Aug 10, 2011
76 posts
7 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
bazzz wrote: In my case he didn't have to do anything. Just make sure they know that they'll be getting an e-mail from GetDigs on the appropriate day. My landlord thought it was spam and deleted the e-mail at first. There's an e-mail template on the site you can use to advise them.
Thank you.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3771 posts
475 upvotes
I just noticed my renewal was posted and I’m seeing a charge of $120 for my primary card and $50 for the secondary, when did this go up? Do I have any recourse?

Second, payouts are always paid in November? So if I cancel now I would lose my payback for the last few months? I really want to drop this card at this point but afraid I missed the opportunity.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2945 posts
3014 upvotes
Montréal
Does the 4% cashback work with hydro quebec somehow?
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10058 posts
6151 upvotes
Rockstead wrote: I just noticed my renewal was posted and I’m seeing a charge of $120 for my primary card and $50 for the secondary, when did this go up? Do I have any recourse?

Second, payouts are always paid in November? So if I cancel now I would lose my payback for the last few months? I really want to drop this card at this point but afraid I missed the opportunity.
Mail was sent out last year and started in Aug. for the increase.
call and ask for a prorated rebate for your charge from now to Nov. But it is up to each CSR and supervisor. I asked last year and got it.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2883 posts
1622 upvotes
layman520 wrote: Anyone knows if 4% cashback works with utilities? specifically enbridge and powerstream? I know their credit card payment system are KUBRA EZ-PAY and Paymentus
according to this post in another thread a year ago, the KUBRA is not reoccurring. Any more recent data points?
sundawner wrote: Well, here are DPs under Scotia VI:

Union Gas ( automatic payments set up through paymentus) - recurring -
Enbridge through Kubra EZ pay (set up as one time payment)- NOT RECURRING
Alectra Utilities ( set up as one time payment through paymentus) -NOT RECURRING

The only reason why Union Gas registered as recurring was because there was an option to set it up as automatic, recurring payment at certain intervals- weekly, monthly,etc.
Union Gas was the ONLY one in the test group that let you set it up that way. Alectra, which uses the same processor, does not have that set up option.
Oct 31, 2013
84 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
drunkgoat wrote: according to this post in another thread a year ago, the KUBRA is not reoccurring. Any more recent data points?
Thx for the data points. I just did a test and confirmed both of them are not recurring still....
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
2125 posts
1481 upvotes
Near You
It's been a month and the bonus %CB has still not posted. Guess Scotiabank really wants to make you sweat.

Otherwise, not a bad card. RTC tickets via Apple Pay in Las Vegas counts as transport.
Cards: Amex Platinum • Aeroplan Reserve • Chase AP • CSR • Bonvoy
Banking: Wise • HSBC • TD • Tangerine • Chase
Flights: AC SE • KLM SilverBA Silver
Mobile: AT&T • Fizz • Google Fi • Free.fr
Oct 25, 2001
978 posts
689 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone gotten the 10% cashback automatically without calling them?
Jul 7, 2016
605 posts
1232 upvotes
Scotiabank wrote: Individuals who are currently or were previously primary or secondary cardholders of a Scotiabank retail credit card in the past 2 years, including those that switch from an existing Scotiabank retail credit card, as well as employees of Scotiabank, are not eligible for the offers.
Has anyone been denied the promotion for having a "retail credit card" in the past 2 years?

I see some data points on people getting the offer despite having an existing Scotiabank credit card. However, has anyone had this void their offer?

I have a really old Scotia Scene Visa. I don't want to apply to roll the dice and get hit with the annual fee and no 10% back.

Thanks in advance.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 3, 2005
5295 posts
1266 upvotes
Georgetown
I don't seem to be getting the 10% cashback (2 months in with the card).... did it get applied automatically for anyone??? It is ridiculous if everyone has to call to get it applied (do they do a bulk cashback of the difference at the end of 3 months normally... or just screw people over?)
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1884 posts
7842 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
Tiberius wrote: I don't seem to be getting the 10% cashback (2 months in with the card).... did it get applied automatically for anyone??? It is ridiculous if everyone has to call to get it applied (do they do a bulk cashback of the difference at the end of 3 months normally... or just screw people over?)
My understanding is that they apply it in July or August sometime as per other post as I am in the same boat as you. If not there by July, I will call it in.
What's in your wallet?