Expired Hot Deals

Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite card

ScotiaBank Momentum VISA Infinite FYF (inc additional cardholder) + 10% back in first 3 months

Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
2496 posts
950 upvotes
Burnaby
zumi78878 wrote: I already bank with scotiabank under their ultimate package and have scotia amex gold. Does anyone know if they will waive two CCs annual fees? Anybody tried doing this before?
If you're only planning on keeping this card for the 1 year fee waiver, really then its only good to hold until the cashback posts in November. They dont seem to enforcing their own terms and conditions yet, but YMMV as they added this year "Individuals who are currently or were previously primary or secondary cardholders of a Scotiabank retail credit card in the past 2 years, including those that switch from an existing Scotiabank retail credit card, as well as employees of Scotiabank, are not eligible for the Offer."
Sep 5, 2014
97 posts
153 upvotes
calgary
Is this a good card?
My main credit card is capital one card. 2% on everything with 10000 anniversary credit which makes annual fee $20 only. However they are going to change to 1.5% and no anniversary credit. I am going to cancel it and looking for a main credit card.
Apr 28, 2013
127 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
canine80 wrote: Is this a good card?
My main credit card is capital one card. 2% on everything with 10000 anniversary credit which makes annual fee $20 only. However they are going to change to 1.5% and no anniversary credit. I am going to cancel it and looking for a main credit card.
Same here
Time to move on. I still have unredeemed point rewards. No recent travels to spend them on.
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
11214 posts
6231 upvotes
Markham
canine80 wrote: Is this a good card?
Here are a lot good discussions and insights
capital-one-aspire-travel-world-elite-m ... et-897409/
Mar 15, 2011
545 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone use Presto PAD with this card? Does it count as part of the recurring category?
Jun 7, 2019
39 posts
14 upvotes
I got my first statement in April 2020 - given that it's FYF, does anyone know when I will be charged my first annual fee? Thank you!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
6092 posts
3403 upvotes
GTAExplorer wrote: I got my first statement in April 2020 - given that it's FYF, does anyone know when I will be charged my first annual fee? Thank you!
The first statement should have 2 entries, the annual fee charge and a annual fee rebate. So the next annual fee will be charged in the same month.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
6092 posts
3403 upvotes
MiNuNDeCoMpUtEr wrote: if I am a contractor/self-employed how would I prove my income to them?
if you file income tax, then notice of assessment.
Sep 5, 2018
413 posts
612 upvotes
ml88888888 wrote: if you file income tax, then notice of assessment.
I only started in april so none prior 2020 yet but i still want the card
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
6092 posts
3403 upvotes
MiNuNDeCoMpUtEr wrote: I only started in april so none prior 2020 yet but i still want the card
you only have 3 months worth of business, how to do you know your income for the whole year?
Jun 1, 2015
928 posts
331 upvotes
Calgary, AB
ml88888888 wrote: you only have 3 months worth of business, how to do you know your income for the whole year?
Any confirmation on when the 3 months starts for the $2000 spend (for 10% cashback). I know most of the time it starts once your application is approved but with Tangerine MC I believe the 90 days started when the card was activated.

I asked the scotiabank Visa card CS but unfortunately their reps don't seem to be the most knowledgeable. Does 90 days start from when you are approved for the card or when you activate the card?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
6092 posts
3403 upvotes
RigorMortis wrote: Any confirmation on when the 3 months starts for the $2000 spend (for 10% cashback). I know most of the time it starts once your application is approved but with Tangerine MC I believe the 90 days started when the card was activated.

I asked the scotiabank Visa card CS but unfortunately their reps don't seem to be the most knowledgeable. Does 90 days start from when you are approved for the card or when you activate the card?
Make at least $2,000 in everyday eligible purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
it is usually only a few days between account opening and activation. why make it so close. just spend $2000 before 3 months from opening day. If you can't find anything to spend, just buy some gift cards that you can use in the next few months.
Jan 30, 2017
663 posts
101 upvotes
Can u spend 2k on anything? Or does it have to be specific cAtegories?

I ask because I want to pay property taxes with this card
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
7463 posts
4044 upvotes
Montreal
Eaglesfan99 wrote: Can u spend 2k on anything? Or does it have to be specific cAtegories?

I ask because I want to pay property taxes with this card
The 10% Cashback promo is expired

There are other cards offering this right now, but it won’t work with property taxes.
Feb 5, 2012
416 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
Is the $25K cap for 4% cashback for recurring bills AND groceries or its $25K each?

I have already reached $25K on recurring bills 6 months in.

Once you reach $25K for groceries and recurring, does the 4% drop to 2% or go to 1% for those categories?
May 9, 2006
915 posts
204 upvotes
Mississauga
cashinstinct wrote: The 10% Cashback promo is expired

There are other cards offering this right now, but it won’t work with property taxes.
do you know whiche one is offering 10%? will it work on paying insurance?
Apr 7, 2007
725 posts
548 upvotes
Toronto
Why is this in expired deals? It's still very much active through both GCR and Scotiabank separately.