Toronto

[Scotiabank] $25 GC + $300 Cash When Opening a Scotibank Chequing Account

Deal Link:
Expiry:
July 31, 2020
Retailer:
Scotiabank
More offers from Scotiabank
Get a $25 gift card from RateSupermarket with a new Scotiabank chequing Account. (2 options)
Get $300 cash when opening Scotibank chequing accounts + 2.7 interest rate. More info in this thread
Stack time!
21 replies
May 23, 2020
46 posts
35 upvotes
High interest saving offers way more, like $60 Amazon GC
EQ Bank, Amex Simply Cash, Tangerine, Zoomer
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
1230 posts
3637 upvotes
Ultimate
$0* or $30.95/mth
* No monthly account fee by maintaining a minimum daily closing balance of $5,000 in your Ultimate Package, or a combined balance of $30,000 across your Ultimate Package and your MomentumPLUS Savings Account1

Preferred
$0* or $15.95/mth
* No monthly account fee by maintaining a minimum daily closing balance of $4,000 for the entire month
[OP]
Aug 11, 2011
355 posts
318 upvotes
Toronto
phoreoneone wrote: Ultimate
$0* or $30.95/mth
* No monthly account fee by maintaining a minimum daily closing balance of $5,000 in your Ultimate Package, or a combined balance of $30,000 across your Ultimate Package and your MomentumPLUS Savings Account1

Preferred
$0* or $15.95/mth
* No monthly account fee by maintaining a minimum daily closing balance of $4,000 for the entire month
Good to know!
[OP]
Aug 11, 2011
355 posts
318 upvotes
Toronto
bubbleT wrote: High interest saving offers way more, like $60 Amazon GC
Have you used/have any problems with them before? Seems like a lot of people are not receiving anything.
May 23, 2020
46 posts
35 upvotes
MikeTO2 wrote: Have you used/have any problems with them before? Seems like a lot of people are not receiving anything.
I got my Amazon GC in two weeks. Though I agree, their website seems less established and I’m not sure how they track whether or not people actually open an account.
I guess the next best alternative is GCR
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2008
1459 posts
1326 upvotes
Ontario
Greatcanadianrebates is $40 cash for same account sign up.
[OP]
Aug 11, 2011
355 posts
318 upvotes
Toronto
bubbleT wrote: I got my Amazon GC in two weeks. Though I agree, their website seems less established and I’m not sure how they track whether or not people actually open an account.
I guess the next best alternative is GCR
True. I've never had a problem with RSM, so i'm always hesitant to try less 'trusting' looking sites, especially when there's complaints about not receiving. thx!
May 23, 2020
46 posts
35 upvotes
MikeTO2 wrote: True. I've never had a problem with RSM, so i'm always hesitant to try less 'trusting' looking sites, especially when there's complaints about not receiving. thx!
Well GCR is pretty established and offer a higher rate than ratesupermarket. Unless you work for RSM or something, I don't see why you would stick with them for a lower return.
Nov 20, 2017
126 posts
74 upvotes
Just a reminder, GCR now offer $75 to open the Ultimate chequing account and $60 for the Preferred.
[OP]
Aug 11, 2011
355 posts
318 upvotes
Toronto
bubbleT wrote: Well GCR is pretty established and offer a higher rate than ratesupermarket. Unless you work for RSM or something, I don't see why you would stick with them for a lower return.
Was referring to Highinterestrates and the non pays. GCR is legit.
May 1, 2013
520 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
Does this offer still stand if we have the scotia ultimate package already?
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1100 posts
134 upvotes
I have been using one bank all my day. What's the best way to transfer over the minimum required balance to avoid the fee? Is there a minimum amount of time I need to keep the account open?