Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Scotiabank

$300 welcome bonus with Scotia One™ chequing account

Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2011
1151 posts
340 upvotes
danzerino wrote: Tried to open one and the rep said they I don't have a good enough reason for them to open me an account because I have one with RBC.. Since when do you need a valid motive to open an account?
That's not a legitimate reason to deny you an account. That employee is an idiot. Complain to the manager, or preferably find another branch.
Nov 7, 2014
59 posts
19 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Saw what a poster did here and decided to send a online message to Scotia. I was told that:

"If you opened your account using the open your account option on that exact
link then you will receive the promotional credit by October 31st.

However, if you opened the account from any other page on Scotia OnLine you
will not receive the credit.

I trust this information is helpful and hope you find our online
customer services satisfactory."

Still on the fence whether I should take my chances or not. That message through online banking isn't a DM or email though, and I guess if I don't get it then they could say I didn't do it through that link.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2003
5497 posts
2325 upvotes
Im trying to figure out the easiest way to set this up..

It says you need 2 pre-authorized transactions.
Is a reoccuring bill payment the same thing, or no?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
7313 posts
6264 upvotes
I opened this account. Does tangerine pre-authorized debit count?
🤑 Amex Cobalt | MBNA RWE | Rogers MC
⛱️ Amex Platinum | Amex Bonvoy Brilliant
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2006
5314 posts
2518 upvotes
Winnipeg
EdisonL299 wrote: I opened this account. Does tangerine pre-authorized debit count?
Apparently it did last promo, I set up 2 x $25 this time around and will wait and see.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10043 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
canuckcolehead wrote: Apparently it did last promo, I set up 2 x $25 this time around and will wait and see.
it does not seem to say "pre-authorized ..." in the description ...

i have set up bill payment from amex ... so i assume it will be good to go ...
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
7313 posts
6264 upvotes
canuckcolehead wrote: Apparently it did last promo, I set up 2 x $25 this time around and will wait and see.
Thanks. Can I do 2 x $25 from the same account? Or does it have to be different Tangerine accounts?
🤑 Amex Cobalt | MBNA RWE | Rogers MC
⛱️ Amex Platinum | Amex Bonvoy Brilliant
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2010
3478 posts
13850 upvotes
Toronto
So, I set up an ASP through Tangerine:

In the transaction description on Scotia's site, it says: Inter-FI Funds Transfer Tangerine
In the transaction description on Tangerine's site, it says: EFT Deposit from THE BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA

Does the transaction satisfy the PAT requirement or does it have to have "pre-authorized" in the description? I have set up PAD from CC as my second PAT.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2008
1322 posts
282 upvotes
Anyone knows how often Scotia has these promotions ?
Mar 30, 2007
434 posts
561 upvotes
does anyone know if the promo is suppose to end in June 30th or July 30th?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
8541 posts
2655 upvotes
Toronto
darkesha wrote: Anyone knows how often Scotia has these promotions ?
Scotia Bank Promo are mostly targeted/YMMV, this thread was not supposed to be 28 pages if not for the sturborn of some RFD's think linking Op"s link will qualify them. Having your e-mail with Scotiabank is the best option to get an offer. I started with Scene Card and received promotions on 10K bonus Scene Pts and 20K bonus scene pts if I open an chequing account with them and do that this thread is explain. I also receives this promo but I just close my account last year therefore I am not qualify for this promo.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10043 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
Jimboski wrote: Nope, didn't even provide my SIN when registering online lol.
interestingly, i have now received the 5k pts for choosing the scotia passport card ...

so i am pretty confident now that i will receive the promo bonus ...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2006
5314 posts
2518 upvotes
Winnipeg
VH99 wrote: interestingly, i have now received the 5k pts for choosing the scotia passport card ...

The 5000 pt bonus is the ‘standard’ offer, so don’t get your hopes up yet...

To qualify for the 5,000 Scotia Rewards points, you must (1) open a Scotia One Account, Basic Banking Account, Basic Banking Plan, Student Banking Advantage Plan, Getting There Savings Account for Youth (an "Eligible Account") with a Passport ScotiaCard and (2) set up your payroll so that it is deposited into your Eligible Account or set up a minimum of 2 pre-authorized transactions (PATs). Your payroll deposit or pre-authorized transactions must clear the Eligible Account for the first time within 60 days of account opening. The Eligible Account must be open and in good standing until the time of payout. The Eligible Account is not in "good standing" if (i) it has a negative balance exceeding the authorized overdraft limit or (ii) it has been in continuous overdraft for a period of three (3) consecutive months. The 5,000 Scotia Reward points will be deposited to your Scotia Rewards account within 3 statement cycles. Existing Scotiabank chequing account holders are not eligible for this offer. For joint accounts, if at the time of awarding the offer each customer has a Passport ScotiaCard, points will be split equally. This offer is non-transferable and cannot be duplicated or combined with any other offer. Scotiabank may withdraw or change this offer at any time without notice. From April 9, 2018 – October 31, 2018 new Scotia One Accounts will receive an additional 5,000 Scotia Rewards points with set up of payroll deposit or 2 PATs. The additional 5,000 Scotia Rewards points for Scotia One Accounts will appear within 3 statement cycles after account set-up. To be awarded the regular and additional points, the Eligible Account must be open and in good standing until the time of applicable payout
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10043 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
canuckcolehead wrote: The 5000 pt bonus is the ‘standard’ offer, so don’t get your hopes up yet...

To qualify for the 5,000 Scotia Rewards points, you must (1) open a Scotia One Account, Basic Banking Account, Basic Banking Plan, Student Banking Advantage Plan, Getting There Savings Account for Youth (an "Eligible Account") with a Passport ScotiaCard and (2) set up your payroll so that it is deposited into your Eligible Account or set up a minimum of 2 pre-authorized transactions (PATs). Your payroll deposit or pre-authorized transactions must clear the Eligible Account for the first time within 60 days of account opening. The Eligible Account must be open and in good standing until the time of payout. The Eligible Account is not in "good standing" if (i) it has a negative balance exceeding the authorized overdraft limit or (ii) it has been in continuous overdraft for a period of three (3) consecutive months. The 5,000 Scotia Reward points will be deposited to your Scotia Rewards account within 3 statement cycles. Existing Scotiabank chequing account holders are not eligible for this offer. For joint accounts, if at the time of awarding the offer each customer has a Passport ScotiaCard, points will be split equally. This offer is non-transferable and cannot be duplicated or combined with any other offer. Scotiabank may withdraw or change this offer at any time without notice. From April 9, 2018 – October 31, 2018 new Scotia One Accounts will receive an additional 5,000 Scotia Rewards points with set up of payroll deposit or 2 PATs. The additional 5,000 Scotia Rewards points for Scotia One Accounts will appear within 3 statement cycles after account set-up. To be awarded the regular and additional points, the Eligible Account must be open and in good standing until the time of applicable payout
true that ... but i was surprised that it actually showed up less than 2+ wks after the account opening ...

we'll see ...
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2010
3478 posts
13850 upvotes
Toronto
EddySaver wrote: So, I set up an ASP through Tangerine:

In the transaction description on Scotia's site, it says: Inter-FI Funds Transfer Tangerine
In the transaction description on Tangerine's site, it says: EFT Deposit from THE BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA

Does the transaction satisfy the PAT requirement or does it have to have "pre-authorized" in the description? I have set up PAD from CC as my second PAT.
Could someone please confirm this? Thanks!
Mar 17, 2017
121 posts
27 upvotes
swordman2000 wrote: thank you, coz the fine detail had a july 31 typo.
wc, that typo was eventually corrected to reflect june 30.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2010
1321 posts
288 upvotes
toronto
VH99 wrote: interestingly, i have now received the 5k pts for choosing the scotia passport card ...

How long did it take for you to receive the 5k scene points from account creation?
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10043 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
Scavos wrote: How long did it take for you to receive the 5k scene points from account creation?
2 wks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)