Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Scotiabank American Express - 35,000 ($350) Welcome Bonus + FYF + 5K Referral Bonus

Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
3497 posts
2144 upvotes
Etobicoke
EZSAVE wrote: still didnt get my bonus, refered my friend and 3 fellow rfder here. My friend comfirmed got his 35000bonus, but me didnt get my 5k point.
I got 35,000. But didnt get 10,000 for referral yet.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2909 posts
2565 upvotes
Surrey
I don't think anyone who referred got there referral points yet. They were posted to peoples (including mine) referral page login but nothing has transferred over to our actual rewards account yet
Sep 3, 2012
295 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
specialoffers wrote: I got 35,000. But didnt get 10,000 for referral yet.
ffonly wrote: I don't think anyone who referred got there referral points yet. They were posted to peoples (including mine) referral page login but nothing has transferred over to our actual rewards account yet
I got 5,000 rewards on my last statement.

I called to inquiry what happened to the rest (10,000), after 1 hour and 1/2 the CSR told me the offer was only 5,000 and was asked to provide pics of the email with the offer and the dashboard stating I referred 3 friends and earned 15,000, which I provided right the way.

3 days after, I see 1,000 points more posted. I'll need to contact Scotia again to request my 9,000 missing points.

No happy with Scotia at this point Unamused Face...
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
20055 posts
9837 upvotes
Toronto
ffonly wrote: I don't think anyone who referred got there referral points yet. They were posted to peoples (including mine) referral page login but nothing has transferred over to our actual rewards account yet
I even inquired with Scotia, they said they'll investigate and get back to me, but that was 2 weeks ago lol.
Realtor (Investment Properties) - CPA, CA
Apr 23, 2017
901 posts
480 upvotes
can't we use the scotia reward points towards Presto? Is it not covered under "travel purchases"? anyone had luck calling customer service with it?
Information is wealth, but again, depends on what you're pursuing & what it's worth to you😎💡
Aug 8, 2010
230 posts
97 upvotes
Anyone get their referral bonuses after contacting scotia? I am still waiting.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
20055 posts
9837 upvotes
Toronto
Nothing. I’m cancelling my card with them if I don’t get anything soon
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2909 posts
2565 upvotes
Surrey
Still nothing for me. Anyone get there referral points yet?
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2009
1458 posts
286 upvotes
Renous
Hmm... I'm still waiting for the 35,000 bonus. I remember it taking a while the first time I had this card (5 months or so?), so I was going to wait until my May bill before bothering to contact them. The referral points are another story. It was through my wife's card, and she got 3 so far (I'm assuming me being one of them), but I had at least 5 RFD friends get the thumbs up from Scotia.

I do already hold the Scotia Gold amex and got the bonus last year (within 6 months of this offer), I'm wondering if that's the problem? I'm pretty sure in this thread other posters said they were successful in my same situation.
Reserved for future time travellers
Sep 3, 2012
295 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
Data point:

Self referal: December 29
Reached $750: March 27
Points posted: April 26

I referred 2 people + myself so far only 6000 points added to my other cc.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2009
1458 posts
286 upvotes
Renous
ofertasgo wrote: Data point:

Good to know! I may have to call then. I hit $750 spend in Jan, and still no 35,000 bonus.

I have a feeling it's because I got the same card in July 2017. But since you self-referred, you would've received the bonus from card #1, and hold two of the same card - same as me. May I ask how long you had the first card?
*** Nevermind *** Just checked, and points updated Apr. 26, just like ofertasgo! Looks like hitting the spend doesn't matter, it's always the 5th month for Scotia.. ?
Reserved for future time travellers
Sep 3, 2012
295 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
ofertasgo wrote: Data point:

I just checked and got my points on Friday may 11... Finally!!!!!! Without calling Scotiabank againFace Savouring Delicious Food

Anybody else??
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
20055 posts
9837 upvotes
Toronto
ofertasgo wrote: I just checked and got my points on Friday may 11... Finally!!!!!! Without calling Scotiabank againFace Savouring Delicious Food

Anybody else??
Were these referral points or sign up bonus points?
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
20055 posts
9837 upvotes
Toronto
Just got my points posted today! Finally!!
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
3497 posts
2144 upvotes
Etobicoke
ofertasgo wrote:
I just checked and got my points on Friday may 11... Finally!!!!!! Without calling Scotiabank againFace Savouring Delicious Food

Anybody else??
deal_with_singh wrote: Just got my points posted today! Finally!!
I called them on first week of may to inquire about my points. CSR escalated my case. I got a call from same agent this week and she told me that they will wait till month end and if there is no points they will add it manually

So hopefully i will see referral points soon.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
3497 posts
2144 upvotes
Etobicoke
I got 25,000 points for referral yesterday. Got 35,000 bonus points in march. All together 60,000 points from this card.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)