19954 upvotes

[Scotiabank]  Scotia Momentum® Visa Infinite* $150 e-Gift + FYF

Deal Link:
Expiry:
July 31, 2021
Retailer:
Scotiabank
More offers from Scotiabank
Didn't see this posted yet, if so I will delete. Just received an email for this offer.

Receive a $150 e-Gift Card Upon Approval.

• Welcome Offer: Earn 10% cash back on all purchases for the first 3 months (up to $2,000 in total purchases).1 Annual Fee ($120) waived for the first year,1 including on supplementary cards.1

• After the first 3 months, earn 4% cash back on every $1 you spend on grocery store purchases, recurring bill payments, and subscription purchases.2 

Terms & conditions apply. The Gift Card offer is offered by RATESDOTCA and is only valid online through RATESDOTCA from June 1, 2021 9:00am EDT to July 31, 2021 5:00pm EDT. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer and is subject to change without notice. To be eligible for this offer, applicants must apply through RATESDOTCA to Scotia Momentum® Visa Infinite* Card or Scotia Momentum® No-Fee VISA* Card and be approved by Scotiabank and be a new credit card Account Holder with Scotiabank. Scotiabank is not responsible or liable for any aspect of this offer. The credit cards are issued by Scotiabank and applications for these cards are subject to approval by Scotiabank. See the application disclosure statement when you select "Apply Now" for full rates and fees that apply to the cards. For full terms and conditions see
199 replies
Jun 16, 2009
526 posts
256 upvotes
Mississauga
hill15 wrote: Didn't see this posted yet, if so I will delete. Just received an email for this offer.

Receive a $150 e-Gift Card Upon Approval.

• Welcome Offer: Earn 10% cash back on all purchases for the first 3 months (up to $2,000 in total purchases).1 Annual Fee ($120) waived for the first year,1 including on supplementary cards.1

• After the first 3 months, earn 4% cash back on every $1 you spend on grocery store purchases, recurring bill payments, and subscription purchases.2 

Terms & conditions apply. The Gift Card offer is offered by RATESDOTCA and is only valid online through RATESDOTCA from June 1, 2021 9:00am EDT to July 31, 2021 5:00pm EDT. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer and is subject to change without notice. To be eligible for this offer, applicants must apply through RATESDOTCA to Scotia Momentum® Visa Infinite* Card or Scotia Momentum® No-Fee VISA* Card and be approved by Scotiabank and be a new credit card Account Holder with Scotiabank. Scotiabank is not responsible or liable for any aspect of this offer. The credit cards are issued by Scotiabank and applications for these cards are subject to approval by Scotiabank. See the application disclosure statement when you select "Apply Now" for full rates and fees that apply to the cards. For full terms and conditions see
This is a better offer than I got by email from Credit Card Genius. The Credit Card Genius offer is $ 100 Amazon.ca Gift Card. Rest of the offer is same.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
1740 posts
951 upvotes
Nice, I was able to get approved.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
15053 posts
28373 upvotes
Scarborough
Diafel wrote: Nice, I was able to get approved.
Congrats! Scotiabank must hate me because I never seem to be able to get approved for their cards. I don't know if I want to take another hit trying to get this promo or not...
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts] [Thread Hiding]
Jul 17, 2012
231 posts
187 upvotes
Van, BC
So is the $150 e-Gift supposed to be all in Scotia rewards?
Sep 5, 2019
77 posts
45 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Topramen wrote: So is the $150 e-Gift supposed to be all in Scotia rewards?
For the Momentum Card, you get $150 Amazon GC + $153 Cashback Reward Welcome Bonus.

Thing I'm concerned about is the $120 annual fee after the first year.
Sep 30, 2013
477 posts
364 upvotes
North Vancouver
Topramen wrote: So is the $150 e-Gift supposed to be all in Scotia rewards?
Bonus: $150 Amazon e-Gift card upon approval
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3608 posts
5042 upvotes
BC
FredV14986 wrote: For the Momentum Card, you get $150 Amazon GC + $153 Cashback Reward Welcome Bonus.

Thing I'm concerned about is the $120 annual fee after the first year.
Is the $153 separate from the 10% cashback on $2K spending? ($200)

Thought it was just the $150 GC + $200 cashback. If there's another $153 on top then this is a really good card to churn with the FYF.

With these cards you generally don't keep it when the renewal comes up.
Sep 5, 2019
77 posts
45 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
peakingduck wrote: Is the $153 separate from the 10% cashback on $2K spending? ($200)

Thought it was just the $150 GC + $200 cashback. If there's another $153 on top then this is a really good card to churn with the FYF.

With these cards you generally don't keep it when the renewal comes up.
I could be wrong but it's labeled as "Welcome Bonus" so I assume it's separate since it sounds like they'll put that $153 in the account where you want your cashback to go to.
Aug 22, 2011
358 posts
177 upvotes
Vancouver
Based on the Cashback credit payment schedule which is in November. If you sign up today in July, you won’t see the $200 ($2000x10%) bonus cash back until next year November 2022 – which means you will incur the $120 annual fee.
Jul 10, 2011
31 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
FredV14986 wrote: I could be wrong but it's labeled as "Welcome Bonus" so I assume it's separate since it sounds like they'll put that $153 in the account where you want your cashback to go to.
I do not believe this is true - it seems that they have arbitrarily used 153$ to calculate the "bonus" 10% rate on the initial 2000$ you spend. I believe the actual offer is 150$ egift plus 200$ cashback on spending 200$

350$ for 2K spend is a pretty great offer imo
Jul 10, 2011
31 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
epinephrine wrote: Based on the Cashback credit payment schedule which is in November. If you sign up today in July, you won’t see the $200 ($2000x10%) bonus cash back until next year November 2022 – which means you will incur the $120 annual fee.
Not sure if I missed something but If you get the card now - spend the 2000K in June, why would you need to wait till November of next year to get the cashback?

How it works is that you get the "bonus" cashback 6 months after opening the CC/making the spend and then the "regular" cashback in November. Given that you have 3 months to make the spend, even if you use up the whole 3 months, you would finish in September allowing you to get the "regular" cashback in November.
Sep 26, 2007
609 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
epinephrine wrote: Based on the Cashback credit payment schedule which is in November. If you sign up today in July, you won’t see the $200 ($2000x10%) bonus cash back until next year November 2022 – which means you will incur the $120 annual fee.
The annual free for the credit card will be waived if you have a Scotia Ultimate account package.
https://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/person ... tures.html
Apr 24, 2013
579 posts
312 upvotes
Crna Gora
It is worth it. Almost the same thing as Tangerine offer
Jan 26, 2020
139 posts
49 upvotes
be warned these guys are the only bank in over 50 CC applications that asked and nagged me about minimum income requirements.
Jun 1, 2015
688 posts
212 upvotes
Calgary, AB
nimfomanijak wrote: It is worth it. Almost the same thing as Tangerine offer
Does tangerine have a welcome/cash back promo for their Mastercard at the moment?
May 3, 2007
14 posts
26 upvotes
Halifax
Literally signed up yesterday through rate hub for $100 Amazon Gift Card. :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1831 posts
1248 upvotes
Langley
FYI Annual fee is September and cash back payout is November. Have had the card 6 years, time to toss it with the garbage fee and that they REDUCED the cash back greatly since when I got it. This is a decent deal though but not worth hanging onto.