3178 posts
860 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
Approved instantly! Thanks OP
For wars they come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.- Tupac
Aug 24, 2016
886 posts
819 upvotes
Does opening this card do a hard credit hit? I don't want to ruin my good credit for $150.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
2914 posts
1405 upvotes
GTA
I got rejected twice in the past , despite making few times the minimum salary requirements (not flexing) + 860 TU / 825 Equifax scores. Their reasoning was that my debt to income ratio was very high. The only debts that I have are 3 first rank mortgages. Although I earn rental income, they would only consider 50%.

I’ll not try again.
Feb 16, 2017
252 posts
311 upvotes
New Brunswick
I have I have been getting pre approved for this card for months. I don't see it why it's considered a good card.
Sep 29, 2010
515 posts
724 upvotes
jbone14 wrote: FYI Annual fee is September and cash back payout is November. Have had the card 6 years, time to toss it with the garbage fee and that they REDUCED the cash back greatly since when I got it. This is a decent deal though but not worth hanging onto.
This. I think when this card first came out many years ago cashback was like 3%..then a few months later 2%, then 1%, then 1% on gas/groceries and 0.75% on everything else... I just kept getting letters about them reducing the CB amount.

Is anyone having issues with signup? I think they're using doubleclick to track the clickthroughs and it keeps failing at an intermediate page for me. Both on PC and mobile, and on Wifi or mobile data...
Nov 12, 2020
9 posts
5 upvotes
If i jist canceled the card in November 2020, am I eligible for FYF ths time around?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2351 posts
3090 upvotes
seanymack wrote: That's like asking "Anyone have recommendations for a car?"
I wouldn’t say so. Whenever the question is asked some people would say what they think is the best return of cash back, lowest annual fee or waived first year. That’s how I found my first card capital one world aspire which sucks now.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
5285 posts
44480 upvotes
Pyro wrote: So I'm not eligible if I got a Scotia gold amex this year already?
I would say not, but not 100% sure.
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
10429 posts
5763 upvotes
Toronto
mikka2017 wrote: Churning is the way to go.. Only keeper card is the cdn tire WE
How many you churned so far
Jan 29, 2020
55 posts
38 upvotes
Gatineau
I just applied for the Scotiabank visa infinite card and got approved. Two days later this offer has come up. I haven't received the card yet. Does anyone know if I can decline it somehow and apply again, this time through rates.ca?
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
4782 posts
7391 upvotes
BC
Broskah wrote: Does opening this card do a hard credit hit? I don't want to ruin my good credit for $150.
Yes, but it shouldn't impact you much if you have good credit already. Unless you plan on applying on multiple mortgages and loans in the next 6 months.
Jul 26, 2013
796 posts
751 upvotes
CALGARY
How long does it take to receive the gift card? I was approved immediately but the gift card status is pending
May 14, 2016
117 posts
40 upvotes
Anyone have insights on how Scotia does the recurring bills?

Would my home/car insurance qualify for 4%?
What about my hydro bill, considering it fluctuates up and down?

Would love feedback from anyone who has it!
Feb 12, 2011
347 posts
520 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone been denied for this one in the past and approved on a later attempt?
Jul 28, 2006
274 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto
For those that are applying, is Scotia asking for income verification or anything of the sort?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
1095 posts
646 upvotes
Jay33c wrote: If i jist canceled the card in November 2020, am I eligible for FYF ths time around?
I clicked through to the offer details on Scotiabank's website, and it says this:
Individuals who are currently or were previously primary or secondary cardholders of a Scotiabank retail credit card in the past 2 years, including those that switch from an existing Scotiabank retail credit card, as well as employees of Scotiabank, are not eligible for the offer.
YMMV on whether they honour these terms.
Aug 8, 2020
743 posts
279 upvotes
fboybcb wrote: Approved instantly! Thanks OP
I bet they'd still call you to ask for paystubs after us getting the approval too