Hot Deals

[Scotiabank] Earn $300 cash plus up to 2.70% interest with the Scotiabank Ultimate Package.

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2020 1:28 pm
[OP]
Jun 13, 2019
250 posts
209 upvotes
M1Pxxx

[Scotiabank] Earn $300 cash plus up to 2.70% interest with the Scotiabank Ultimate Package.

Deal Link:
Expiry:
July 30, 2020
Retailer:
Scotiabank
More offers from Scotiabank
Regular offer is back with added limited time interest bonus. Please refer the old threads for reviews and feedbacks.

bank-did-not-fulfill-its-cash-bonus-promise-2347225/
ymmv-scotiabank-300-bonus-ultimate-pref ... t-2350436/

MITC
$300 Cash Offer Conditions: To qualify for the $300 cash offers (each an “Offer”, collectively the “Offers), you must:

Open a new Ultimate Package or new Preferred Package (each an “Eligible Account”) by July 30, 2020; and
Complete two (2) of the following three (3) activities in your Eligible Account within 60 days of Eligible Account opening:
Make at least one (1) eligible online bill payment of at least $50 through the Scotiabank Mobile App or through Scotia OnLine, or
Set up a minimum of two (2) separate eligible recurring pre-authorized transactions† with a minimum value of at least $50 per transaction which will each recur monthly for a minimum of three (3) consecutive months, or
Set up an eligible recurring direct deposit† which will recur monthly for a minimum of three (3) consecutive months.
Includes Regular Interest Rate of 0.15% plus an Interest Rate Boost of 0.10% for Ultimate Package account holders or 0.05% for Preferred Package account holders, 360-Day Premium Period Interest Rate of 1.10%, and a limited time Bonus Interest Rate of 1.35% on New Funds. Regular Interest is calculated daily, paid monthly. Premium Period Interest is earned when you choose a 90, 180, 270 and/or 360-day Premium Period. A longer Premium Period earns a higher Premium Period Interest Rate. Premium Period Interest is calculated daily, paid at the end of the applicable Premium Period. Bonus Interest is calculated daily and payable until August 31, 2020 on the first $5,000,000 of New Funds deposited between April 9, 2020 – August 31, 2020 and will be paid monthly. Interest rates are per annum and subject to change. Visit scotiabank.com/rates for current rates.
332 replies
May 8, 2013
545 posts
514 upvotes
London
well shit here we go again. thansk op :D lets hope the cash comes through this time around tho...
Jul 16, 2016
69 posts
32 upvotes
So "package" is just a chequing account. So just need to park 4 or 5k for 4 months to get the 300. So I have that right?
Feb 20, 2011
103 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
Doese account need to be open for a year like RBC to be eligible? Or I can cancel once bonus is received like TD?
Do they do hard pull on opening chequing account?
Last edited by John Ber on May 2nd, 2020 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 8, 2013
545 posts
514 upvotes
London
jiajiajia wrote: Next year, working on TD and Tangerine now.
I'm on TD, tangerine , tangerine cc, and CIBC. Step ur game up. Gonna hope on this as soon as TD pays out I think.
Apr 19, 2012
634 posts
163 upvotes
TORONTO
Thanks op I have been waiting for this
Nov 20, 2009
607 posts
129 upvotes
With their weird "Momentum Saving" rate scheme, the interest rate until Aug 31st works out to just 2.1% using the 90 day term rate.
Sep 16, 2019
350 posts
412 upvotes
Do I understand this correctly?
The first option seems incredibly easier than the other two. Making a payment online and that's it? The third option requires you to have PADs for three months! What's the catch?
Feb 24, 2016
41 posts
194 upvotes
Eligibility and Exclusions: Individuals who are currently holders of a Scotiabank Chequing Account are not eligible for the Offers.
Individuals who were previously holders of a Scotiabank Chequing Account within the last two (2) years are not eligible for the Offers.
“Scotiabank Chequing Account” means any of the following accounts: Ultimate Package, Preferred Package, Scotia One Account, Basic Plus Bank Account, Basic Banking Plan, Basic Bank Account, Momentum Chequing, Power Chequing, Scotia One Service, Scotia Value, Student Banking Advantage Plan.
Employees of Scotiabank are also not eligible for the Offers.
General Terms: The $300 cash bonus, as applicable, will be paid into the primary account holder’s Eligible Account within two (2) months following the satisfaction of the Offer conditions outlined above. The Eligible Account must be open and in good standing until the time of payout of the cash bonus. The Eligible Account is not in "good standing" if:
It has a negative balance exceeding the authorized overdraft limit, or
If it has been in continuous overdraft for a period of three (3) consecutive months.
Terms and conditions
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2140 posts
371 upvotes
If one has an eligible credit card for the fee discount and at least 5K in cash, this seems to be a no brainier I think.

No monthly fee on the account + discount in annual credit card fee + 2.70% interest on your money is awesome. Not to mention the $300 bonus. Am I missing anything?

Interest on your cash is also nice for those who are afraid to invest in light of COVID.

EDIT: I have a Scotia chequing account so I guess I don't qualify for the $300.00 bonus. I assume the other perks are still in play though, which is not bad.
Last edited by enhanced on May 2nd, 2020 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jul 8, 2017
19 posts
20 upvotes
can you open this completely online, or need to go to the branch?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
6213 posts
760 upvotes
Ottawa
What if you applied to open online and they stated to come into the branch to finish the application? I never ended up going, but would I have been an account holder and thus ineligible?
Aug 2, 2015
256 posts
283 upvotes
Toronto
I believe you can double dip with GCR offer. For example, Ultimate Package has $40 GCR + $300 bonus offer.

On top of that, apply for credit card through GCR and link to your chequing account and get annual fee waived. (which I've done in the past and it works).