[Scotiabank] Earn $300 cash Welcome Bonus [Warm]

Deal Link:
Expiry:
December 16, 2020
Retailer:
Scotiabank
More offers from Scotiabank
Hey

Scotiabank seems to have released their $300 cash offer if you open a preferred or ultimate package. GCR also has $35 signup bonus for preferred and $40 for Ultimate package. From what I seen this is pretty much inline with what they release every few months.

I think they are also doing the extra interest for savings accounts but it seems to be like 1.25% vs last times 2.70% so pretty much useless.

I been thinking of opening up an account with them since all this Covid has started as I have a mortgage with them. Before when I wanted to put extra money on my mortgage I would write a check and go to the branch, these days with all the social distancing (ie long lines) and reduced hours I don't really want to do this anymore so thinking thing might be a good time open an account up.

With interest rates being so low right now, even if I put the $4000-$5000 into the account to avoid the monthly fees that $300 they give you is a lot more than I would make in interest.

To qualify for the special offers, make sure to:

1. Open a new Ultimate Package or a new Preferred Package by December 16, 2020.

2. Complete any two of the following three actions within 60 days of opening your account:

Make an eligible $50 bill payment through online or mobile banking.
Set up at least 2 eligible separate recurring pre-authorized transactions that are $50 or more, which will each recur monthly for a minimum of 3 consecutive months and the transactions clear.
Set up an eligible recurring direct deposit, which will recur monthly for a minimum of 3 consecutive months and the transactions clear.
The $300 cash bonus will be deposited directly into your new Ultimate Package or new Preferred Package account within 2 months of completing the above requirements. See terms and conditions below for full details.
57 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1345 posts
179 upvotes
Anyone got paid this promo?
It's been 90 days and I still didnt get my $300. I did get my GCR though. I signed up at the end of May. Same deal.
May 3, 2019
21 posts
12 upvotes
jon604 wrote: Anyone got paid this promo?
It's been 90 days and I still didnt get my $300. I did get my GCR though. I signed up at the end of May. Same deal.
I didn't. But I have given up. It needs to complete the PAD within one month of account opening, I missed the time.
Oct 27, 2006
901 posts
224 upvotes
Please don't waste your time. Their criterias make no sense at all. They don't consider CCB as a direct deposit for some reason. So for those (like me) who hought CCB was part of it, IT ISN'T. Not worth the wait just to open the account and realize you won't get the bonus offer
Jul 17, 2010
19 posts
4 upvotes
Burnaby
i opened my a/c late may and activated june 1, got the bonus last week. easy money.
[OP]
Nov 28, 2019
233 posts
107 upvotes
skwan wrote: Please don't waste your time. Their criterias make no sense at all. They don't consider CCB as a direct deposit for some reason. So for those (like me) who hought CCB was part of it, IT ISN'T. Not worth the wait just to open the account and realize you won't get the bonus offer
What is CCB?
Oct 28, 2019
57 posts
12 upvotes
What if you closed your account over one year ago? Do you still qualify for the $300 again?
Jul 31, 2012
272 posts
320 upvotes
Toronto
I got mine, paid an amex bill and then had Koodo and rogers direct debit my account. Easy 300
Sep 25, 2004
894 posts
382 upvotes
jimbob12341 wrote: What is CCB?
Canada Child Benefit - government payments in this case doesn't count as a qualified deposit.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9491 posts
2905 upvotes
I signed up May 20th and got the $300 end of last week.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9491 posts
2905 upvotes
skwan wrote: Please don't waste your time. Their criterias make no sense at all. They don't consider CCB as a direct deposit for some reason. So for those (like me) who hought CCB was part of it, IT ISN'T. Not worth the wait just to open the account and realize you won't get the bonus offer
In all fairness, they do list the deposits here
https://www.scotiabank.com/content/dam/ ... ons_EN.pdf

Both my wife (6 months ago) and myself (last week) got the $300 within 3 and half months of opening the account. Was surprised there was no drama considering some of the stories I read on RFD.

Easy money but not as easy as the Coast Capital $500 last year.
Next stop: TD Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
8007 posts
1123 upvotes
TO
Previous customers can apply? I last held one of these back in 2018 I think
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Dec 3, 2018
320 posts
295 upvotes
jimbob12341 wrote: Hey

Scotiabank seems to have released their $300 cash offer if you open a preferred or ultimate package. GCR also has $35 signup bonus for preferred and $40 for Ultimate package. From what I seen this is pretty much inline with what they release every few months.

I think they are also doing the extra interest for savings accounts but it seems to be like 1.25% vs last times 2.70% so pretty much useless.

I been thinking of opening up an account with them since all this Covid has started as I have a mortgage with them. Before when I wanted to put extra money on my mortgage I would write a check and go to the branch, these days with all the social distancing (ie long lines) and reduced hours I don't really want to do this anymore so thinking thing might be a good time open an account up.

With interest rates being so low right now, even if I put the $4000-$5000 into the account to avoid the monthly fees that $300 they give you is a lot more than I would make in interest.
Does anyone know if existing customers can have this? I’m already Scotiabank’s customer with Preferred Bank Account.
Aug 8, 2011
90 posts
90 upvotes
Vancouver
I signed up middle of May and got my $300 with my first August direct deposit. I hadn't even had the account open a full 3 months at that point. Most smooth promo payout I've experienced in a long time.
[OP]
Nov 28, 2019
233 posts
107 upvotes
Hsharpreet wrote: Does anyone know if existing customers can have this? I’m already Scotiabank’s customer with Preferred Bank Account.
Not 100% sure but this seems like one of those "new customer" promos as you are already a customer they probably don't really care about you anymore.