Expired Hot Deals

[Scotiabank] Free pre-loaded $6/$8 PRESTO Card for Leafs (10/3) + Raptors (10/17) Home Opener; Extra $6 credit for Scotia customers

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2019 11:57 am
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1357 posts
285 upvotes
badOne wrote:
Oct 16th, 2018 9:34 pm
if you look at that Finch station video, when that idiot stops shooting the pants of people in front of him, you will see later in the video the line was outside the paid area; you see the green arrow entrance of the Presto machines.
Where is that video? Link?
1x$36 Zoomer Plan with 2GB + Unlimited Call and Text
1x$45 Zoomer Plan with 4GB + Unlimited Call and Text
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
3996 posts
452 upvotes
Toronto
Time to line up, see you there. j/k
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
6615 posts
2668 upvotes
Over/under on people in this thread around 4pm? Vaguely recall 200+ a couple weeks ago.
RFD Staff Writer
Sep 13, 2015
513 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Madchester wrote:
Oct 17th, 2018 10:41 am
Over/under on people in this thread around 4pm? Vaguely recall 200+ a couple weeks ago.
Ice Town Costs Ice Clown His Town Crown
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1047 posts
475 upvotes
lol, Wellesley station is definitely one of the least utilized during rush hour. Many northbound trains at Wellesley are completely full during rush hour, so you will be waiting forever to actually get on a train. I guess they know that many riders at Wellesley would rather walk up to Bloor instead.
caution: there is condo construction to the right of the station with mack trcuks in and out and active bus lane and laneway to the left .. please be careful if lines are out on the street.. it was safer on College imo... Loblaws probably didnt want any crowds in front of their store.. LOL
Nov 4, 2011
558 posts
334 upvotes
YYZ
Mr_A wrote:
Oct 17th, 2018 12:34 pm
I am thinking of going to the Scarborough GO Station today. Never been there before. Does anyone know if last time people were lining up after the paid area or before the paid area?
GO Transit doesn't really have a paid area since it's a POP system where they only check your proof of payment on trains or when you board / disembark a bus. In any case, last time at Scarborough GO the line started on the north east side of the station building and ran parallel to the tracks along the station walkway with the line end on the south west side of station.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
5449 posts
1119 upvotes
Richmond Hill
zappy312 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2018 12:38 pm
GO Transit doesn't really have a paid area since it's a POP system where they only check your proof of payment on trains or when you board / disembark a bus. In any case, last time at Scarborough GO the line started on the north east side of the station building and ran parallel to the tracks along the station walkway with the line end on the south west side of station.
union stn should really have those tap machines on the platform since there is nothing from stopping u from getting on without paying. i almost forgot to tap a couple times since im use to taking the subway.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
1916 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto
zappy312 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2018 12:38 pm
Thanks buddy. Was it too busy last time? I am going to drive there. Any recommendations where to park etc.? Appreciated.
Nov 4, 2011
558 posts
334 upvotes
YYZ
yesstyle wrote:
Oct 17th, 2018 12:41 pm
union stn should really have those tap machines on the platform since there is nothing from stopping u from getting on without paying. i almost forgot to tap a couple times since im use to taking the subway.
At most stations, the Presto readers are located on your way onto the platform since there's only a few entrances with chain link fencing between them. Union is a different story, normally I tap right before I go up to the platform which helps me to avoid forgetting.
Jul 14, 2009
370 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
So the line ups have already started.

This is both INSANE and funny! Smiling Face With Open Mouth Smiling Face With Open Mouth Smiling Face With Open Mouth

wakka2u wrote:
Oct 17th, 2018 12:17 pm
caution: there is condo construction to the right of the station with mack trcuks in and out and active bus lane and laneway to the left .. please be careful if lines are out on the street.. it was safer on College imo... Loblaws probably didnt want any crowds in front of their store.. LOL
Nov 4, 2011
558 posts
334 upvotes
YYZ
Mr_A wrote:
Oct 17th, 2018 12:48 pm
Thanks buddy. Was it too busy last time? I am going to drive there. Any recommendations where to park etc.? Appreciated.
It was reasonable last time, although my gut feeling is that it'll be busier today (although it's colder and the photos of the crowds were posted after last time's distribution). They had cards for half an hour after 4, so it was all good last time. The queues were well organized and it's a safe setup since it's not an enclosed space and it's along a sidewalk.

Scarborough GO is a tough one for parking, a lot of people last week had issue finding parking. Your best bet will be to arrive right before the eastbound trains arrive and then snag a spot from someone leaving. Eastbound trains arrive at Scarborough GO around 1525-1530 hrs and 1555-1600 hrs.
Nov 8, 2013
340 posts
186 upvotes
where at kipling station will they be handing out the cards?