Expired Hot Deals

[Scotiabank] Free pre-loaded $6/$8 PRESTO Card for Leafs (10/3) + Raptors (10/17) Home Opener; Extra $6 credit for Scotia customers

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2019 11:57 am
Member
Apr 24, 2011
406 posts
459 upvotes
66xx66 wrote: After I mentioned it , I got the email with the $6. Good luck everyone
I have mine set up for autoload, but I have no intention of actually loading any funds, as I have an unlimited use monthly pass on my account. To get that e-mail with the bonus $6, did your Presto card actually reload, i.e. draw funds from your Scotia credit card, or was it merely set up without actually reloading? Inquiring minds want to know if the mere set up is enough to earn the bonus.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
1503 posts
508 upvotes
JPRUEFER wrote: I have mine set up for autoload, but I have no intention of actually loading any funds, as I have an unlimited use monthly pass on my account. To get that e-mail with the bonus $6, did your Presto card actually reload, i.e. draw funds from your Scotia credit card, or was it merely set up without actually reloading? Inquiring minds want to know if the mere set up is enough to earn the bonus.
You shouldnt be required to draw funds. It was never stated that it had too. I actually had to use my presto card and it was reloaded because of the auto-pay setup
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
14421 posts
3464 upvotes
I didnt get any email for $6
Is there a number we can call to inquiry?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Jr. Member
Nov 26, 2004
157 posts
7 upvotes
It looks like Scotia is behind the ball and are still in the process of sending emails. Presto updated their FAQ page with respect to the Scotiabank $6 credit. Beforehand, you had to tap the card by Dec. 31st once you received the email. Now, you have 45 days to tap the card after receiving the email.

"If you signed up for Autoload with your Scotiabank credit card, the process to load the $6.00 promotional credit has begun. The process to implement the credit has taken longer than anticipated. You will receive an email from PRESTO once the funds have been processed and pushed to your card. You must then tap your card on any PRESTO device within 45 days of receiving this email to obtain the funds."
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 18, 2008
913 posts
280 upvotes
Mississauga
Anyone else get the email? Nothing for me, with auto reload on a Scotiabank card which haven't drawn any funds. My card dropped from $3 to $0 and Presto didn't even reload like it was supposed to.
Newbie
User avatar
Jun 5, 2010
41 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
I have received autoloaded on dec11
Should say under
Type (Column):
Load Amount - PRESTO Vouchers - Scotiabank PromoLoad
Sr. Member
Nov 12, 2011
762 posts
294 upvotes
Ontario
Anyone want to sell me their Scotia Bank card?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 16, 2004
18828 posts
6422 upvotes
Toronto
Not seeing emails from Presto, anyone receive this credit successfully?
RedFlagDeals Addict
Jr. Member
Aug 23, 2010
139 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
On behalf of Scotiabank and PRESTO,

Thank you for setting up Autoload with your Scotiabank card product. This email is to confirm that an additional credit of $6.00 has been loaded on to your Scotiabank Arena PRESTO card.

After this notification, you have up until February 24, 2019 to tap your PRESTO card on any PRESTO device to claim the funds, otherwise the $6.00 load will expire. If you wish to claim your $6.00 credit but will not be travelling right away, simply tap on a balance checker or any PRESTO self-serve machine and it will add the $6.00 credit to your balance – click here to find your nearest balance checker. Once you have tapped, please allow up to 24 hours for the funds to be available on your PRESTO card.

If you’d like Scotiabank to help manage your other bill payments click here and set-up your telecom, cable, utility pre-payments and more today.
I didn't get any notifications for this card until after an autopay deposit was made. After a couple days I got this email. The terms & conditions are poorly worded because I interpreted that the $6 will be credited if you just tap on a balance checking machine without ever having to actually incur a charge.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 3, 2013
1263 posts
928 upvotes
Toronto
iasi2050 wrote: I didn't get any notifications for this card until after an autopay deposit was made. After a couple days I got this email. The terms & conditions are poorly worded because I interpreted that the $6 will be credited if you just tap on a balance checking machine without ever having to actually incur a charge.
No, the ToS is fine. You don't have to pay a fare to get the $6.00 credit.
Public Mobile
Tangerine
Jr. Member
Aug 23, 2010
139 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
Injust wrote: No, the ToS is fine. You don't have to pay a fare to get the $6.00 credit.
Well it would seem that I had to. I set up autopay and tapped on the balance checker according to the instructions for 4 cards. Only got the notification now for the 1 card after the autodeposit kicked in.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 3, 2013
1263 posts
928 upvotes
Toronto
iasi2050 wrote: Well it would seem that I had to. I set up autopay and tapped on the balance checker according to the instructions for 4 cards. Only got the notification now for the 1 card after the autodeposit kicked in.
As I understood it, you have to set up autopay, tap on a balance checker, then you get the credit, after which you tap on a balance checker again.
Public Mobile
Tangerine
Member
Apr 24, 2011
406 posts
459 upvotes
Injust wrote: As I understood it, you have to set up autopay, tap on a balance checker, then you get the credit, after which you tap on a balance checker again.
Well, apparently not. Despite the TOS, all first-hand reports so far in this thread seem to indicate that an automatic reload actually needs to happen before we get anything. I have two cards set up but I haven't heard a peep from Presto for either one.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
14421 posts
3464 upvotes
i did setup autopay but I didn't see the topup kick in...I tapped few times today and don't see any extra $6 credit..

is there a contact we can call to inquiry?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Newbie
Jun 5, 2011
38 posts
2 upvotes
GTA
kiasu wrote: i did setup autopay but I didn't see the topup kick in...I tapped few times today and don't see any extra $6 credit..

is there a contact we can call to inquiry?

from the chat utility:
Hello, please give us a call about that promotion. As this enquiry requires access to your account details, it will be best resolved by speaking with someone from our Contact Centre. The number is 1 877 378 6123 and the hours of operation are Monday Friday 6.00 AM to 10.00 PM and weekends and holidays 9.00 AM to 9.00 PM.

plenty of time to add this but its Presto FFS
Newbie
Feb 9, 2017
92 posts
72 upvotes
Yeah, gonna add to the dump train on Presto.

I escalated my case (twice now) to have them investigate, and they finally came back saying that Autoload was not set up with Scotiabank so "no credit is warranted". Just e-mailed them my credit card statements with the big red "Scotiabank" at the top corner. Let's see how else they want to mess this up.

UPDATE: 2019-02-08 - Unbelievable, they just outright ignored my email and closed my case, which I had to call in 8 days later to find out. Escalated and waiting on a supervisor now. What a dogs*** company.'

UPDATE 2: 2019-02-09 - I had to call in myself for the supervisor after waiting a day (who herself was quite nice - she pushed the credit anyway even though Scotia wouldn't honor the credit for some reason. ???) They have my statements; they can fight it out amongst themselves. Lot of work put in for $6 ffs

Top