Expired Hot Deals

[Scotiabank] Free pre-loaded $6/$8 PRESTO Card for Leafs (10/3) + Raptors (10/17) Home Opener; Extra $6 credit for Scotia customers

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2019 11:57 am
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2004
1928 posts
210 upvotes
Ontario
I actually need one, would've been great to get one instead of people taking extras.
Deal Guru
May 14, 2007
14922 posts
1888 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
DaVibe wrote:
Oct 17th, 2018 4:38 pm
Apparently wearing a Raptors hat got you priority in the line ...

Pfft, had they TOLD ANYONE!
I wore my CNY raptors shirt today, would that have helped? :razz:

Drove by don mills station at 3:40 and saw the line up along Sheppard and said nopeeeeee, not doing the hoard todai and kept driving on.

Getting too old to do dah hoards.
Nov 28, 2005
503 posts
255 upvotes
Toronto
rolomonster wrote:
Oct 17th, 2018 4:19 pm
Lineup is at Church Street for Wellesley station Presto card pickup. 4:19pm.
I got there at 6 PM and asked the agent inside the ticket booth about the giveaway. She said it was done at 4 PM, which sounded ridiculous given that the start time was scheduled for then. I doubt they gave out 1000 that fast. She was pretty annoyed with the whole promotion and let me know outright that it had nothing to do with them at the booth.
Mar 16, 2008
177 posts
156 upvotes
Toronto
d0m056 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2018 6:01 pm
I was there at around 4.40pm and there was just a sign saying that this station has run out of cards.

Last time I was able to get one at around 4.30pm, and also I read over rfd that ppl were able to get cards at around 5 pm also with no line up.

Guess either they had less cards to give out this time, or more ppl lined up this time... or both
Last time was at Don Mill exit closest to Fairview Mall but they only gave out 200 before they stopped - line up was meandering through Fairview Mall parking lot - liability issue. They say “No More Cards” but gave the rest out in paid-fare area.

This time they use Don Mill exit south of Sheppard where people line up onto sidewalk area - safer for everyone.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1651 posts
822 upvotes
Quid Pro Quo wrote:
Oct 17th, 2018 8:45 pm
I got there at 6 PM and asked the agent inside the ticket booth about the giveaway. She said it was done at 4 PM, which sounded ridiculous given that the start time was scheduled for then. I doubt they gave out 1000 that fast. She was pretty annoyed with the whole promotion and let me know outright that it had nothing to do with them at the booth.
I was gone by 4:30 and got a card but they ran out just after.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2005
2984 posts
382 upvotes
Anyone go to Finch Station? What were the crowds like?

What time did they run out of cards?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2015
1380 posts
1159 upvotes
Toronto
agent86 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2018 11:25 pm
Anyone go to Finch Station? What were the crowds like?

What time did they run out of cards?
I got mine at 4:30ish and I was around the 400th person

As seen in my attached image, the line went from underground to the surface with lines extending all the way to private property
Images
  • Screenshot_20181018-001143.jpg
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
15705 posts
2747 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone having issues setting up auto-reload?

I've registered the card and we started using it. Now it says:

Registration of your card is in progress.To complete your registration, tap your card against any PRESTO device within 30 days.

It's like a vicious loop I'm in now. There's no more money left on the card to ride, yet I can't load it up (according to this message) until I ride.
RedFlagDeals addict
Penalty Box
Apr 3, 2013
911 posts
577 upvotes
Toronto
DaVibe wrote:
Oct 18th, 2018 2:14 pm

Registration of your card is in progress.To complete your registration, tap your card against any PRESTO device within 30 days.

It's like a vicious loop I'm in now. There's no more money left on the card to ride, yet I can't load it up (according to this message) until I ride.
You can tap it on a balance checker or reload machine to propagate configuration changes.
Also, while registration is pending, you can still add fund the card.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
15705 posts
2747 upvotes
Toronto
DaVibe wrote:

Card has to be registered and not used for 24 hours after registration. Now I have to tap it again
RedFlagDeals addict
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
15705 posts
2747 upvotes
Toronto
Injust wrote:
Oct 18th, 2018 2:16 pm
You can tap it on a balance checker or reload machine to propagate configuration changes.
Yeah, Live Chat just suggested I tap the card again at this point and then I think it will allow me to setup the card. Thanks for the info
RedFlagDeals addict
Apr 18, 2008
898 posts
276 upvotes
Mississauga
DaVibe wrote:

It takes about a week. Just keep tapping it on those balance checkers at the stations everyday.
Jul 26, 2007
25 posts
9 upvotes
toronto
got a card at Kennedy where they actually handed out 1000 cards. unlike Spadina 2 weeks ago, where they handed out about 500 cards..
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2009
1370 posts
350 upvotes
Toronto
Injust wrote:
Oct 18th, 2018 2:16 pm
I did a tap it on a balance checker and after more than one day PRESTO still shows "Registration of your card is in progress.To complete your registration, tap your card against any PRESTO device within 30 days." and does not allow to set up Autoload.

Any other ideas?
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
2272 posts
63 upvotes
Do I actually have to add funds? or is setting up autoload enough?