Expired Hot Deals

[Scotiabank] Free pre-loaded $6/$8 PRESTO Card for Leafs (10/3) + Raptors (10/17) Home Opener; Extra $6 credit for Scotia customers

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2019 11:57 am
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
3502 posts
186 upvotes
I've set up autoload on or before the deadline and I haven't gotten anything yet, either...
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
15723 posts
2757 upvotes
Toronto
I'm glad you guys are checking in, I just found this thread for that very reason.

I set up the autoload and I haven't received anything. Far past the deadline IMO.
RedFlagDeals addict
Apr 18, 2008
898 posts
276 upvotes
Mississauga
Presto is suppose to send out the funds after November 19th. The deadline is December 31st to add the $6 for us to tap the card on a machine. Let's hope they don't leave it to the last minute.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
1326 posts
181 upvotes
Can more people chime in . I didn't get my $6 either
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
1326 posts
181 upvotes
After I mentioned it , I got the email with the $6. Good luck everyone
Apr 24, 2011
272 posts
259 upvotes
66xx66 wrote:
Dec 11th, 2018 11:13 pm
After I mentioned it , I got the email with the $6. Good luck everyone
I have mine set up for autoload, but I have no intention of actually loading any funds, as I have an unlimited use monthly pass on my account. To get that e-mail with the bonus $6, did your Presto card actually reload, i.e. draw funds from your Scotia credit card, or was it merely set up without actually reloading? Inquiring minds want to know if the mere set up is enough to earn the bonus.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
1326 posts
181 upvotes
JPRUEFER wrote:
Dec 11th, 2018 11:28 pm
I have mine set up for autoload, but I have no intention of actually loading any funds, as I have an unlimited use monthly pass on my account. To get that e-mail with the bonus $6, did your Presto card actually reload, i.e. draw funds from your Scotia credit card, or was it merely set up without actually reloading? Inquiring minds want to know if the mere set up is enough to earn the bonus.
You shouldnt be required to draw funds. It was never stated that it had too. I actually had to use my presto card and it was reloaded because of the auto-pay setup
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
11171 posts
1485 upvotes
I didnt get any email for $6
Is there a number we can call to inquiry?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Nov 26, 2004
156 posts
6 upvotes
It looks like Scotia is behind the ball and are still in the process of sending emails. Presto updated their FAQ page with respect to the Scotiabank $6 credit. Beforehand, you had to tap the card by Dec. 31st once you received the email. Now, you have 45 days to tap the card after receiving the email.

"If you signed up for Autoload with your Scotiabank credit card, the process to load the $6.00 promotional credit has begun. The process to implement the credit has taken longer than anticipated. You will receive an email from PRESTO once the funds have been processed and pushed to your card. You must then tap your card on any PRESTO device within 45 days of receiving this email to obtain the funds."
Apr 18, 2008
898 posts
276 upvotes
Mississauga
Anyone else get the email? Nothing for me, with auto reload on a Scotiabank card which haven't drawn any funds. My card dropped from $3 to $0 and Presto didn't even reload like it was supposed to.
Jun 5, 2010
36 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
I have received autoloaded on dec11
Should say under
Type (Column):
Load Amount - PRESTO Vouchers - Scotiabank PromoLoad
Nov 12, 2011
632 posts
204 upvotes
Ontario
Anyone want to sell me their Scotia Bank card?
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
15723 posts
2757 upvotes
Toronto
Not seeing emails from Presto, anyone receive this credit successfully?
RedFlagDeals addict
Aug 23, 2010
116 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
On behalf of Scotiabank and PRESTO,

Thank you for setting up Autoload with your Scotiabank card product. This email is to confirm that an additional credit of $6.00 has been loaded on to your Scotiabank Arena PRESTO card.

After this notification, you have up until February 24, 2019 to tap your PRESTO card on any PRESTO device to claim the funds, otherwise the $6.00 load will expire. If you wish to claim your $6.00 credit but will not be travelling right away, simply tap on a balance checker or any PRESTO self-serve machine and it will add the $6.00 credit to your balance – click here to find your nearest balance checker. Once you have tapped, please allow up to 24 hours for the funds to be available on your PRESTO card.

If you’d like Scotiabank to help manage your other bill payments click here and set-up your telecom, cable, utility pre-payments and more today.
I didn't get any notifications for this card until after an autopay deposit was made. After a couple days I got this email. The terms & conditions are poorly worded because I interpreted that the $6 will be credited if you just tap on a balance checking machine without ever having to actually incur a charge.
Penalty Box
Apr 3, 2013
911 posts
578 upvotes
Toronto
iasi2050 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 9:08 pm
I didn't get any notifications for this card until after an autopay deposit was made. After a couple days I got this email. The terms & conditions are poorly worded because I interpreted that the $6 will be credited if you just tap on a balance checking machine without ever having to actually incur a charge.
No, the ToS is fine. You don't have to pay a fare to get the $6.00 credit.