Expired Hot Deals

[Scotiabank] Free pre-loaded $6/$8 PRESTO Card for Leafs (10/3) + Raptors (10/17) Home Opener; Extra $6 credit for Scotia customers

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2019 11:57 am
Aug 23, 2010
116 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Injust wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 9:46 pm
No, the ToS is fine. You don't have to pay a fare to get the $6.00 credit.
Well it would seem that I had to. I set up autopay and tapped on the balance checker according to the instructions for 4 cards. Only got the notification now for the 1 card after the autodeposit kicked in.
Penalty Box
Apr 3, 2013
911 posts
578 upvotes
Toronto
iasi2050 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 9:54 pm
Well it would seem that I had to. I set up autopay and tapped on the balance checker according to the instructions for 4 cards. Only got the notification now for the 1 card after the autodeposit kicked in.
As I understood it, you have to set up autopay, tap on a balance checker, then you get the credit, after which you tap on a balance checker again.
Apr 24, 2011
272 posts
259 upvotes
Injust wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 9:57 pm
As I understood it, you have to set up autopay, tap on a balance checker, then you get the credit, after which you tap on a balance checker again.
Well, apparently not. Despite the TOS, all first-hand reports so far in this thread seem to indicate that an automatic reload actually needs to happen before we get anything. I have two cards set up but I haven't heard a peep from Presto for either one.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
11171 posts
1485 upvotes
i did setup autopay but I didn't see the topup kick in...I tapped few times today and don't see any extra $6 credit..

is there a contact we can call to inquiry?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Jun 5, 2011
38 posts
2 upvotes
GTA
kiasu wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 1:12 am
i did setup autopay but I didn't see the topup kick in...I tapped few times today and don't see any extra $6 credit..

is there a contact we can call to inquiry?

from the chat utility:
Hello, please give us a call about that promotion. As this enquiry requires access to your account details, it will be best resolved by speaking with someone from our Contact Centre. The number is 1 877 378 6123 and the hours of operation are Monday Friday 6.00 AM to 10.00 PM and weekends and holidays 9.00 AM to 9.00 PM.

plenty of time to add this but its Presto FFS
Feb 9, 2017
38 posts
30 upvotes
Yeah, gonna add to the dump train on Presto.

I escalated my case (twice now) to have them investigate, and they finally came back saying that Autoload was not set up with Scotiabank so "no credit is warranted". Just e-mailed them my credit card statements with the big red "Scotiabank" at the top corner. Let's see how else they want to mess this up.

UPDATE: 2019-02-08 - Unbelievable, they just outright ignored my email and closed my case, which I had to call in 8 days later to find out. Escalated and waiting on a supervisor now. What a dogs*** company.'

UPDATE 2: 2019-02-09 - I had to call in myself for the supervisor after waiting a day (who herself was quite nice - she pushed the credit anyway even though Scotia wouldn't honor the credit for some reason. ???) They have my statements; they can fight it out amongst themselves. Lot of work put in for $6 ffs