Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Scotiabank

Get up to $350 + premium VISA/Amex annual fee waived on Scotia new banking package

Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8518 posts
6261 upvotes

[Scotiabank] Get up to $350 + premium VISA/Amex annual fee waived on Scotia new banking package

Deal Link:
Expiry:
December 30, 2019
Retailer:
Scotiabank
More offers from Scotiabank
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere, but I noticed Scotia just came out with 2 chequing packages that look to be on par with other banks like TD, BMO and CIBC. i.e maintaining $5000 in the account, beside all the free perks with the banking, you can also get the annual fee of a premium CC waived, $4000 will get you the first year free only. Their conditions for getting the $300 or $350 bonus with new customer (or not having their chequing account for at least 2 years) are also easy to meet, except Scotia is famous for screwing up that you need to call and chase them for the bonus. I myself still have their account since the last $300 promotion, so I may up their minimum requirement to get their Passport Visa Infinite card
2019-09-16 (2).png

Here are the T&C for the CC fee waiver

If you open an Ultimate Package account (the “Account”), on or after the date you open the Account (“Account Open Date”) you will receive an annual fee waiver (“Annual Fee Waiver”), each year for as long as you have one eligible Scotiabank Credit Card account (an “Eligible Card”) and the Account.
You will receive the Annual Fee Waiver, even if you opened an Eligible Card prior to the Account Open Date.
Eligible Cards are the Scotiabank Gold American Express, Scotiabank Passport™ Visa Infinite*, Scotia Momentum® Visa Infinite and Scotiabank Value® Visa* credit cards. Eligible Cards are subject to change.
Each Account will only receive one Annual Fee Waiver regardless of the number of accountholders on the Account or Eligible Cards opened.
The Annual Fee Waiver will be applied to the first annual fee for a primary Card charged on an Eligible Card after the Account Open Date.
If there is more than one Eligible Card after the Account Open Date, the Annual Fee Waiver will be applied only to the first annual fee for a primary card that is charged on an Eligible Card after the Account Open Date.
All other fees and charges applicable to the Eligible Card continue to apply.
Annual Fee Waiver will not be applied if your Account or Eligible Card is not open or is not in good standing and cannot be combined with any other annual fee waiver offer. Current annual fees, rates and other features for Eligible Cards are subject to change.
Last edited by mkl38s on Sep 17th, 2019 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
813 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2014
1579 posts
3141 upvotes
Calgary, AB
If Scotia allows product switching you could potentially get:
$350 - Account
$300 - Scotia Amex(FYF)
$250 - PS to Scotia Passport VI(FYF) + 6 Priority Pass visits + Great Insurance + No FX Fees

Not bad at all, for $2k minimum spend and 3 months of locking up $5k.
Last edited by asbraich on Sep 16th, 2019 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
6834 posts
7575 upvotes
Toronto
Too bad Scotiabank is gonna Scotiabank, though. :/
Si Tacuisses, Philosophus Mansisses
Aug 4, 2018
120 posts
371 upvotes
All, there’s a reason they are providing this lucrative offer. Scotiabank is AWFUL. Resist the temptation and steer clear! Do your own due diligence and find out what it’s like to be a customer of theirs.
Banned
Jan 27, 2014
5574 posts
2580 upvotes
Scotiabank supports their own corruption in Mexico. Check out the CBC documentary. And their response by their PR woman was dreadful and disgusting.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
no more Scenes rewards program on checking?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Aug 31, 2019
17 posts
7 upvotes
So after 3 months we can withdraw all the money out and close the account? Or do you know if we can withdraw all the money out and leave the account there without being charge for monthly fee?
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2012
1940 posts
7340 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
L4cky wrote: no more Scenes rewards program on checking?
It says right above the packages, "All of our accounts come with your choice of SCENE or Scotia Rewards"
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8518 posts
6261 upvotes
Gamezfreak wrote: So after 3 months we can withdraw all the money out and close the account? Or do you know if we can withdraw all the money out and leave the account there without being charge for monthly fee?
You need to keep the minimum balance $4K or $5K depending on which package and there will be no charge. I did their $300 promotion last year (from their invitation) and got $300 no issue (I was the lucky one, no need to call or chase after the bonus). I kept the account with $4K minimum till now. No charge on monthly fee
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2009
1434 posts
1395 upvotes
Toronto
ar2020 wrote: Scotiabank supports their own corruption in Mexico. Check out the CBC documentary. And their response by their PR woman was dreadful and disgusting.
link please?
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2017
2612 posts
2703 upvotes
asbraich wrote: If Scotia allows product switching you could potentially get:
$350 - Account
$300 - Scotia Amex(FYF)
$250 - PS to Scotia Passport VI(FYF) + 6 Priority Pass visits + Great Insurance + No FX Fees

Not bad at all, for $2k minimum spend and 3 months of locking up $5k.
But mind, you won't be able to get the CC bonus points if you've previously had a Scotiabank card within the last two years. The only benefit will be FYF
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
9570 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
There is hard pull for chequing account open? thanks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Dec 5, 2012
195 posts
214 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
This is fantastic. Thanks OP.

Just opened one

My passport card was up for renewal in 2 months, so I will save $140 on that + 350 bonus. Thats $490
Aug 26, 2018
27 posts
26 upvotes
FWIW I did the promo in May for opening a chequeing account and got my $300 deposited without any hassle last week. I also went under 4k once, just had to call and they waived the fee for me. I went in on Friday and withdrew all my cash and closed the account without any problems either

Seems I've gotta wait 2 years though to be eligible for another promo from scotia though
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
7313 posts
6264 upvotes
This (Scotiabank Ultimate Package) is the best package among Canadian Big Five. I’m going to set up an appointment today and switch from TD.

Thanks OP.
🤑 Amex Cobalt | MBNA RWE | Rogers MC
⛱️ Amex Platinum | Amex Bonvoy Brilliant
Jun 30, 2018
182 posts
327 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I signed up for a Scotia One chequing account and received my $300 promptly as well as the 30K Scotia Rewards points for meeting minimum spend on my Passport Infinite Visa.

So far, my experience has been great with Scotia!
MBNA Rewards World Elite | TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege | TELUS EPP
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2008
1615 posts
687 upvotes
Toronto
what happens if I just paid for my premium card annual fee? would they reimburse it?
Zoomer for phone + Carrytel for internet + Tangerine bank account + Stack debit card + Great Canadian rebates, ebates, drop and paymi for rebates.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6651 posts
995 upvotes
GTA
krispy4 wrote: But mind, you won't be able to get the CC bonus points if you've previously had a Scotiabank card within the last two years. The only benefit will be FYF
Is it the same type of card or any card from Scotia? If I had the Scotia Amex I won’t be eligible for any of their bonus from other cards except fyf?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6651 posts
995 upvotes
GTA
Interesting 10 initial trade first time and 5 free/year is probably worth another $100+free deposit box $55.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2017
2612 posts
2703 upvotes
greg123 wrote: Is it the same type of card or any card from Scotia? If I had the Scotia Amex I won’t be eligible for any of their bonus from other cards except fyf?
Any card apparently, even the lowly Scotiabank Scene Visa.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)