Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1333 posts
326 upvotes
45.467253°N, 75.5123…

Scotiabank to increase some Credit Cards fees

I was just browsing their website when I found this:

http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/common/pdf ... rt-Eng.pdf

Not only do they increase the Cash Advance fees (both Domestic and International, teller and ABM) but they're also adding a new fee ($4) for taking cash out of Global ATM Alliance Bank ABMs outside of Canada. These used to be no-fee and Scotia made a big deal out of it:

http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/common/pdf ... -banks.pdf

Banking surely gets more expensive by the day, they had another round of fee increases recently I recall...
5 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2010
2084 posts
990 upvotes
ON
This will be their game for a while, rope us in with sign-up bonuses and enticing reward programs but then they get all their profits back with all the fees
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
4191 posts
1298 upvotes
Vancouver
There seems to be a plethora of new fees and changes. None of them are good but luckily they only apply to credit products and related cash advances and dishonoured payments.

Hopefully Global ATM Alliance use is still free indefinitely for debit withdrawals as being charged a fee would definitely defeat the purpose of this alliance.
Removed external link in signature.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2014
1488 posts
538 upvotes
YVR, BC
everyone is doing it nickle and dime you and hands in your pockets

- mobile
- credit cards
- taxes
- cities
- fuel
- grocery
- cable
- airlines

anyway they can squeeze more and more - just guys around a table; "what service have we been providing for 'free', that we can now add fee's to"?
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4170 posts
803 upvotes
Richmond
4 dollars cheaper than chase's five dollar fee. And still cheaper than what the bank's in HK charge you to convert money into local currency. 40 bucks hkd vs 20 hkd (4 dollars scotia fee)

hmmm if non global alliance atm still better to use chase. went from 5 bucks to 7.
Banned
Mar 11, 2016
2081 posts
867 upvotes
Bend over, Red Rover, the Big Red Bank Machine is gonna rip ya a new one.