Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1536 posts
1773 upvotes

Scotiabank Mobile App Card Lock/Unlock

As of the latest mobile app Scotiabank now allows locking and unlocking of Visa and American Express cards from their mobile app. Something I noticed which is different than others is that it states everything will be blocked: New transactions including any recurring bill payments. This includes even with mobile wallet. So when they say lock they really really mean it.

This is in contrast to someone like American Express themselves who still allow through recurring bill payments and mobile wallet, as well potentially if the card is saved at a merchant online.
🏦 Banking: Motive Financial (1.25%, No fees), Alterna Bank (0.9%, No fees)
📈 Investing: Scotia iTRADE (XGRO, No fees)
💳 Spending: MBNA Rewards World Elite (5.5pts dine/utilities, 1.1pts rest), Brim Mastercard (1%, forex)
4 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1536 posts
1773 upvotes
In the Android app it's under Manage -> Lock or unlock card, and showed up after I updated last night. I don't Apple but looking at the iOS app page for it, it shows that it was updated yesterday there.
🏦 Banking: Motive Financial (1.25%, No fees), Alterna Bank (0.9%, No fees)
📈 Investing: Scotia iTRADE (XGRO, No fees)
💳 Spending: MBNA Rewards World Elite (5.5pts dine/utilities, 1.1pts rest), Brim Mastercard (1%, forex)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
8563 posts
9292 upvotes
The Prairies
Weird, I’m seeing a bunch of apps waiting for an update from yesterday, but none of them are Scotia.
My app version is 20.22.1, what’s yours?
I’m not even sure if app version numbers are the same for all OS’s, but my guess would be probably not.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
8563 posts
9292 upvotes
The Prairies
So I just went into the App Store and searched Scotia, and the result just came up giving me the option to open the app.
Seconds later, it switched to “update”.
Weird, I’ve never had to go in and force update an app before.
Anyway, got it now, thanks!