Toronto

[Scotiabank] Passport Visa Infinite Card + 3-Month Apple Music Sub

Deal Link:
Expiry:
June 30, 2019
Retailer:
Scotiabank
More offers from Scotiabank
If anyone was interested in getting the Infinite card, this is a nice little added gift.

Some details - not sure how it stacks up against other CCs -

Earn up to 40,000 bonus Scotia Rewards points in your first year (that's up to $400 towards travel)†
Earn 2x Scotia Rewards® points on every $1 you spend on eligible grocery stores, dining, entertainment purchases and daily transit purchases (including buses, subways, taxis and more)
Enjoy no FX Mark-up
Enjoy Complimentary Airport Lounge Access, plus 6 free lounge visits per year
26 replies
Jan 8, 2009
833 posts
1015 upvotes
Well you could always get a rebate from GCR for this card. I guess greedyrates is giving 3 mths subscription in lieu of rebates....
[OP]
Aug 11, 2011
668 posts
946 upvotes
Toronto
PTMBAA wrote: Well you could always get a rebate from GCR for this card. I guess greedyrates is giving 3 mths subscription in lieu of rebates....
Ah thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
6497 posts
3904 upvotes
This statement eliminates many people, who churn CC, from getting this offer
"

Former or current Scotiabank credit cardholders of any kind in the past 2 years, including those that transfer from an existing Scotiabank credit card account or re-open a closed Scotiabank credit card account, are excluded from this Offer. Offer may be changed, cancelled or extended and cannot be combined with any other offers.

"
Mar 21, 2019
746 posts
728 upvotes
mkl38s wrote: This statement eliminates many people, who churn CC, from getting this offer
"

Former or current Scotiabank credit cardholders of any kind in the past 2 years, including those that transfer from an existing Scotiabank credit card account or re-open a closed Scotiabank credit card account, are excluded from this Offer. Offer may be changed, cancelled or extended and cannot be combined with any other offers.

"
That’s a new one on Scotia credit cards only as far as I’ve seen.
And although it does state this exact same thing in GCR, I still got the rebate for my recent Momentum application, as a current Scotia cardholder.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2005
1036 posts
456 upvotes
Ottawa
I've been looking at this card for a while, just haven't bit the bullet yet.
Any reviews on the card? I don't really care about the apple music sub, but the rest of the benefits seem decent.
I usually vacation in SEA a few times a year, so the no FX markup and lounge passes are enticing.

decent bonus of the apple sub, if it's something you're interested in though.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
6497 posts
3904 upvotes
masterman wrote: That’s a new one on Scotia credit cards only as far as I’ve seen.
And although it does state this exact same thing in GCR, I still got the rebate for my recent Momentum application, as a current Scotia cardholder.
I am not concerning the GCR, more of the 30,000 points welcoming bonus. So for Momentum, it would be the ~$180 you get with statement credits. Did you receive that yet? because of wordings in their T&C, we may not get it
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
1918 posts
1261 upvotes
MikeTO2 wrote: Thx - How you liking the card?
It's a good card because of the 4 free lounge passes and the no foreign exchange fee. You get 30k points for signing up worth $300 when put towards travel. You can apply the points to travel already booked on your credit card not just travel booked through their site.

$300-$139 (Annual fee) +50 GCR = $211 Profit + 4 lounge passes
Mar 21, 2019
746 posts
728 upvotes
mkl38s wrote: I am not concerning the GCR, more of the 30,000 points welcoming bonus. So for Momentum, it would be the ~$180 you get with statement credits. Did you receive that yet? because of wordings in their T&C, we may not get it
Oh ok, I thought you were talking about the GCR bonus.
I just got the card.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
2045 posts
801 upvotes
Toronto
Don’t forget the card AF is reduced to $69 if you have a mortgage with them (STEP)
Celebrating 19+ years on RFD!
[OP]
Aug 11, 2011
668 posts
946 upvotes
Toronto
Diafel wrote: It's a good card because of the 4 free lounge passes and the no foreign exchange fee. You get 30k points for signing up worth $300 when put towards travel. You can apply the points to travel already booked on your credit card not just travel booked through their site.

Thanks for the breakdown.
Aug 25, 2008
34 posts
64 upvotes
Diafel wrote: It's a good card because of the 4 free lounge passes and the no foreign exchange fee. You get 30k points for signing up worth $300 when put towards travel. You can apply the points to travel already booked on your credit card not just travel booked through their site.

It shows 6 lounge passes instead 4 so even better!
Aug 10, 2003
401 posts
117 upvotes
is this best non-amex travel card out there?
Nov 24, 2016
15 posts
11 upvotes
I signed up for this credit card almost a year ago, at that time was 25,000 points + FYF which is a better deal then the 30,000 without FYF which is what is on offer now.
Feb 25, 2002
619 posts
127 upvotes
Upper Thornhill
rickieD wrote: I signed up for this credit card almost a year ago, at that time was 25,000 points + FYF which is a better deal then the 30,000 without FYF which is what is on offer now.
Anyone know if the 6 lounge passes are renewed automatically every Jan. 1 like my BMO World Elite MC?
Feel the fear but do it anyway.
Aug 11, 2009
152 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
CivicGSR wrote: Anyone know if the 6 lounge passes are renewed automatically every Jan. 1 like my BMO World Elite MC?
They renew on the day of the card activation. You will set up an account with priority pass and you can review when the card starts and how many you passes you used.
They do not carry over if unused.
Sep 8, 2006
90 posts
41 upvotes
wysiwyg wrote: Don’t forget the card AF is reduced to $69 if you have a mortgage with them (STEP)
How? Can you please give more details, can't find this information immediately. Thanks!
May 13, 2015
244 posts
699 upvotes
Ontario
maoz wrote: How? Can you please give more details, can't find this information immediately. Thanks!
This is valid ONLY if you have not utilized all of the credit limit in the STEP plan.
My advisor also mentioned this to me but with limited travel, I think momentum visa is a better choice for me.
Life isn’t fair but Thank God - there is RFD.