Hot Deals

[Scotiabank/Scene] 25,000 Bonus Scene Pts with basic bank account and payroll OR 1 year x 2 pre-auth

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2017 8:38 am
[OP]
Dec 20, 2009
394 posts
389 upvotes
Vancouver

[Scotiabank/Scene] 25,000 Bonus Scene Pts with basic bank account and payroll OR 1 year x 2 pre-auth

Just got a letter in the mail with some SCENE point offers. One of them was 25000 scene points (normally it's only 5000 + 5000 opening the VISA) if you open a basic banking plan or Scotia One Account.

Details:
Basic banking plan requires minimum 3k balance to avoid monthly fees.
For preauthorized payroll (doesn't seem to say for how long necessary) OR 2 x minimum $25 pre-authorized transactions (12 months)
Will get the points within 3 months after set up.
Seems like you're still eligible to get the 5k bonus from the VISA card.
Account must be opened between Oct 2 and Nov 30 2017.

May we worth it for some since you don't need to switch payroll, just need to switch two bills and put enough money to cover and maintain $3000 balance

Edit: Also got it via email offer.
Last edited by sansera on Oct 17th, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4366 posts
408 upvotes
Toronto
sansera wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 6:19 pm
Just got a letter in the mail with some SCENE point offers. One of them was 25000 scene points (normally it's only 5000 + 5000 opening the VISA) if you open a basic banking plan or Scotia One Account.

Details:
Basic banking plan requires minimum 3k balance to avoid monthly fees.
For preauthorized payroll (doesn't seem to say for how long necessary) OR 2 x minimum $25 pre-authorized transactions (12 months)
Will get the points within 3 months after set up.
Seems like you're still eligible to get the 5k bonus from the VISA card.
Account must be opened between Oct 2 and Nov 30 2017.

May we worth it for some since you don't need to switch payroll, just need to switch two bills and put enough money to cover and maintain $3000 balance

Edit: Also got it via email offer.
This is a targetted offer YMMV.
Jul 20, 2012
374 posts
54 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Do you have a credit card, car loan, or anything other than a bank account with Scotiabank? I'm just wondering because my wife and I both use our scene cards a lot but she's received this 20k+ points offer multiple times in the past years while I've never.

She just acted on the offer this year and the scotiabank associate said it's likely because she has a Sears credit card which is under Scotia now. He's unsure though and it was his first time hearing about this promo.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
1285 posts
306 upvotes
Toronto
That seems to be a decent deal....
What would count as two PADs?
Oct 4, 2008
674 posts
87 upvotes
I wonder if this is better than $300 for opening Checking ONE account (same conditions).
I want wife to move to SB and I am not sure which offer to take on. I opened basic c. account before but I never got those 25k points.
Nov 6, 2013
837 posts
237 upvotes
Toronto
darkesha wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 2:02 am
I wonder if this is better than $300 for opening Checking ONE account (same conditions).
I want wife to move to SB and I am not sure which offer to take on. I opened basic c. account before but I never got those 25k points.
Got the same offer. Did not get 5k points for scene visa and had to fight my way through to get them after few months. So don't want to go anywhere near scotia offers.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)