Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Scotiabank

Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite card $100 GCR FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2021 9:09 pm
Jul 28, 2017
870 posts
3079 upvotes
Edmonton

[Scotiabank] Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite card $100 GCR FYF

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Scotiabank
More offers from Scotiabank
GCR currently is currently offering $100 cash back upon approval of Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite card, which offers 10% cash back for the first $2,000 in 3 months and FYF.

Here is the credit card link: https://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/person ... -card.html

Please note, you'll need to use the GCR link (https://www.greatcanadianrebates.ca/display/Finance/) in order to get the $100 cash back.
321 replies
Jun 25, 2007
494 posts
225 upvotes
Offer details
To qualify for the 10% cash back and annual fee waiver offer, make sure to:
1. Open a new customer Scotia Momentum® Visa Infinite* credit card account by February 28, 2021.
2. Use your new card to make everyday eligible purchases and earn 10% cash back on the first $2,000 you spend in your first 3 months from account opening.
Once you qualify, we’ll credit your account in 2 instalments:
Bonus Cash Back: The amount earned under the Cash Back Bonus Rate will be credited to your Account within 7 months from the account open date; and
Regular Cash Back: The amount earned under your regular Cash Back Program Rate will be credited to your Account according to the regular cash back payment schedule as set out under the Program (i.e., November).
Individuals who are currently or were previously primary or secondary cardholders of a Scotiabank retail credit card in the past 2 years, including those that switch from an existing Scotiabank retail credit card, as well as employees of Scotiabank, are not eligible for the offers.
See terms and conditions below for full details.

Good deal just too bad I just cancelled my momentum card a year ago.
Telcom: Public Mobile, Fido
CashBack: CreditCardGenius, TopCashBack, Great Canadian Rebate (GCR), Rakuten
Banking: Tangerine, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC, TD, Laurentian
Deal Fanatic
Jun 4, 2012
8363 posts
8907 upvotes
best cash back card IMHO... groceries and reocurring bills are my most major expenses now... 4% category.

combine with the Scotia $300 chq account offer and Ultimate package and you're all set
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1693 posts
1946 upvotes
vancouver
How good are they at denying the welcome bonus to people who used to have the card?
Jan 4, 2019
69 posts
35 upvotes
how long does it take to get the gift card, I applied thru GCR at the start of this month and don't see anything about when or how I will be getting my gift card
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
6610 posts
1979 upvotes
Toronto
I'm currently holding their passport infinite. If I apply this card now, would I get the bonus Cash back? Since I'm a current holder of a another 'retail' credit card.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2020
1180 posts
442 upvotes
muffin4life wrote: best cash back card IMHO... groceries and reocurring bills are my most major expenses now... 4% category.

combine with the Scotia $300 chq account offer and Ultimate package and you're all set
You mean open the card with the banking account to get the deal sweeter or that the yearly fee is waived with the package?
"Coach is the spirit airways of bags" [user Apkesh) 😂😂

There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again. (Bush)
Deal Addict
May 17, 2017
1288 posts
3734 upvotes
ricedion wrote: I'm currently holding their passport infinite. If I apply this card now, would I get the bonus Cash back? Since I'm a current holder of a another 'retail' credit card.
The guy bolded it for you...
Individuals who are currently or were previously primary or secondary cardholders of a Scotiabank retail credit card in the past 2 years, including those that switch from an existing Scotiabank retail credit card, as well as employees of Scotiabank, are not eligible for the offers
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2020
1180 posts
442 upvotes
Oh NVM that last paragraph pretty much excludes everyone who has or had any of their retail cards, I had the American Express red card so I'm sure it won't work.

Be careful because the bonus is posted in 7 months and they can easily deny/weasel out of it.

Atleast with CIBC/TD/BMO you can check to see if you qualify for the bonus in the first statements.
"Coach is the spirit airways of bags" [user Apkesh) 😂😂

There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again. (Bush)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
6610 posts
1979 upvotes
Toronto
scottmg wrote: The guy bolded it for you...
Individuals who are currently or were previously primary or secondary cardholders of a Scotiabank retail credit card in the past 2 years, including those that switch from an existing Scotiabank retail credit card, as well as employees of Scotiabank, are not eligible for the offers
Yes I saw that, but I want to find out if there's anyone experienced differently. Like how strict Scotia enforce these kind of rule. I never held momentum before, not like I churn this card over and over again.

I got their gold Amex card once then cancelled. Within a year, they sent me special invite and pre-approved me for the same Amex card. I got it the second time and still got the welcome bonus.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
2135 posts
1441 upvotes
I have a mortgage with them. Recently, I also accepted a personal line of credit from them. The line of credit resulted in them sending me what they call a "Access Visa Card." Does that count as one of their credit cards? Just wondering if I still qualify...
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2011
1039 posts
1189 upvotes
ktkn wrote: I have a mortgage with them. Recently, I also accepted a personal line of credit from them. The line of credit resulted in them sending me what they call a "Access Visa Card." Does that count as one of their credit cards? Just wondering if I still qualify...
No that's just a card that lets you access Scotia Online
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2011
1039 posts
1189 upvotes
Does anyone know what Scotiabank retail credit cards are? I thought "retail cards" are retailer cards that are backed by Scotiabank; like a Sears credit card that's backed by Scotia
Apr 17, 2015
999 posts
866 upvotes
Toronto, ON
frozenmelon wrote: How good are they at denying the welcome bonus to people who used to have the card?
They're very good at denying it. I only got the regular cashback and I found out after I did my minimum spend.. all because I didn't read the T&C's
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
21786 posts
4903 upvotes
Toronto
What's the verification process like if you're not currently a Scotia customer? From what I hear they're pretty strict and require you to come into the branch. Can I open this card online without having to go in?
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2010
1355 posts
1346 upvotes
Southern Ontario
muffin4life wrote: best cash back card IMHO... groceries and reocurring bills are my most major expenses now... 4% category.

Sign up for chequeing account through gcr and get $35 referral on top of $300 too
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4594 posts
19429 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Is the cashback redeemed as a statement credit?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 4, 2012
8363 posts
8907 upvotes
CALITSLA wrote: You mean open the card with the banking account to get the deal sweeter or that the yearly fee is waived with the package?
do both to maximimze $$$. did both separately last year and ended up keeping the Scotia acct and card

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)