Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Scotiabank

Scotia Momentum VISA Infinite card $100 GCR FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2021 9:09 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
2528 posts
1241 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
ryanrudolf wrote: On my GCR account, when i go to CURRENT REBATES, it shows the number there.

I applied late Dec2020 and got paid today via paypal. I double dipped and also applied for the Scotia Ultimate package and also got paid today for that.
I found if you go to submit for a missing payment, they'll give a drop-down list to select from. If you remember the time and date you applied you can select from that to get the number.

You cannot actually submit the missing rebate until after 3 weeks. But it probably pays to go in right away and record the number just incase.
Banned
Oct 28, 2015
2166 posts
1229 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
muffin4life wrote: Doubt it... The cash back is paid out once a year
The cashback only pays out at the end of the annuity? which means you are obliged to pay the annual fee right?
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1530 posts
963 upvotes
GTA
xuanzh wrote: The cashback only pays out at the end of the annuity? which means you are obliged to pay the annual fee right?
After the first year, there is an annual fee.

You can offset that if you have their Ultimate banking package which gives you up to $150 annual credit towards their credit cards, plus no fee banking if you have 5k balance and a host of other credits.

I believe the rebate is paid in November each year.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 4, 2012
8355 posts
8899 upvotes
xuanzh wrote: The cashback only pays out at the end of the annuity? which means you are obliged to pay the annual fee right?
I have their Bank account that waives the annual fee so I don't really know what happens when you cancel before the payout date
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6891 upvotes
Scarberia
damn! wasn't lucky! no instant approval :(... this is bad right?

i would rather have this card than the amex gold(which i got instant approval for), this is good for 4x recurring payments!
We'll take a look at your application and get in touch in a few days.
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1918 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto, ON
By the way, for anyone who only plans to have it for a year, make sure you stop using it after November cash pay out.
If you cancel before November, your accumulated cash back is forfeited as per T&C.

One workaround is to downgrade to no-fee version of the card - but your cash back will be re-calculated to 0.5% (or 1% in bonus categories).
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6891 upvotes
Scarberia
is there a min. income required for this card? tia.. the amex gold was min. 12k i think
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3771 posts
475 upvotes
The annual fee really crept up in this one, $125 for primary and $50 for secondary.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6891 upvotes
Scarberia
Rockstead wrote: The annual fee really crept up in this one, $125 for primary and $50 for secondary.
thats why u gotta churn this card only for the 1st year..both prime and 2nd cards are free! looks like i'll be rejected for this card :( , FY free, 10% cb on the first 2k spent, free 120$ GCR, 4% on recurring bill payments...pretty good perks! also has cellphone protection?
Sep 19, 2014
219 posts
145 upvotes
Saint-Andre-d'Argent…
This is my main credit card.

Unfortunately , they lowered the gas station rewards from 4% to 2% last year but they inscrease recurring billing from 2% to 4%.

Other than that , it's an excellent card ! I get myself 750-800$ CB each year.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3771 posts
475 upvotes
I keep missing my chance to cancel my Momentum, I thought the Meridian is a better card when comparing the two side by side, is that still the case?
Oct 20, 2007
822 posts
418 upvotes
Liking this card so far - applied when GCR was 100. Is there a place to see the bonus CB count? It makes me wonder if I am even getting the 10% - I guess I'll find out in 7 months lol

Really don't like scotia's one SUB/2 years - the Scotia Amex looks really good.
Apr 26, 2011
31 posts
14 upvotes
Laval
Let me tell you it was a hassle getting my application approved.. I'm self-employed and never had anything with them. They asked for tons of documents, but it finally got approved after calling them numerous times..

If it wasn't for the cash back and rewards, I would've given up..
Jun 10, 2017
96 posts
132 upvotes
minttea wrote: Liking this card so far - applied when GCR was 100. Is there a place to see the bonus CB count? It makes me wonder if I am even getting the 10% - I guess I'll find out in 7 months lol

Really don't like scotia's one SUB/2 years - the Scotia Amex looks really good.
If you sign up for Scotia Online Banking (you don't need a bank account - only the CC will suffice) it tells you have much cash back you have coming to you in November. The Nov cash back is just your base amounts (1/2/4%). All of the sign up bonus (6/8/9%) is paid out earlier in the year...
Oct 20, 2007
822 posts
418 upvotes
0707DHToronto wrote: If you sign up for Scotia Online Banking (you don't need a bank account - only the CC will suffice) it tells you have much cash back you have coming to you in November. The Nov cash back is just your base amounts (1/2/4%). All of the sign up bonus (6/8/9%) is paid out earlier in the year...
Yeh, I meant i could see the (1/2/4%) but it would be good to see some kind of confirmation of the (6/8/9%) somewhere! I signed up in Feb so I'll get my bonus in Nov too.

I also want to sign up for other scotia cards (Amex or Passport) - anyone have issues getting two SUBs at the same time given that one SUB/2 years line in the terms?
Jul 25, 2013
145 posts
13 upvotes
OTTAWA
Didn't know the 10% bonus was paid out early. Signed up in Jan, still haven't been paid my bonus - should I be contacting them?
Sep 30, 2020
24 posts
9 upvotes
Applied and was rejected right away. You guys are so right with Scotia.
Feb 5, 2021
16 posts
9 upvotes
I'm self employed, but have a mortgage with Scotia. Do you think the approval process be a hassle for the VISA momentum CC?
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6891 upvotes
Scarberia
gabwebsite wrote: This is my main credit card.

Unfortunately , they lowered the gas station rewards from 4% to 2% last year but they inscrease recurring billing from 2% to 4%.

u can always buy gas gcs at the food stores to get get 4x instead! gcs are the keys when u wanna hit 5x and 4x catagories!
Jul 12, 2011
258 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
gabwebsite wrote: This is my main credit card.

I found that if u pay with the Shell Easy Pay App with Apple Pay as payment, it counts as bill payment for 4%.