Expired Hot Deals

[Scotiabank] Scotiabank Chequing Account $300 Offer + 1.80% Interest with Savings Acct

• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2021 3:40 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
4023 posts
1031 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Scotiabank] Scotiabank Chequing Account $300 Offer + 1.80% Interest with Savings Acct

Deal Link:
Expiry:
August 31, 2021
Retailer:
Scotiabank
More offers from Scotiabank
Hey everyone, looks like Scotiabank is bank with their Chequing account $300 Offer. IF anyone is in the market for a chequing account, this is a good option. They just had one this past Fall (Sept-Jan) there's a separate thread where the overall take on it was positive. And if you're interested in a savings account as well, they have a bundle promotion (Momentum Plus Savings account) where you can get up to 1.80% Interest.

https://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/person ... lsrc=aw.ds

Personally, got my Ultimate package from before and found it easy to get the $300.

Also through GCR, $35 rebate on the preferred package and $40 rebate on the ultimate package.
Preferred: https://www.greatcanadianrebates.ca/det ... d-Package/
Ultimate: https://www.greatcanadianrebates.ca/det ... e-Package/

Some further details below but I would click the link to find out more.

To qualify for the special offers, make sure to:

Open a new Ultimate Package or a new Preferred Package by July 29, 2021.
Complete any two of the following actions within 60 days of opening your account:
Make an eligible $50 bill payment through online or mobile banking.
Set up and clear at least 2 eligible separate recurring pre-authorized transactions that are $50 or more, which will each recur monthly for a minimum of 3 consecutive months.
Set up and clear at least one eligible automated and recurring direct deposit, such as payroll or pension, which will recur monthly for a minimum of 3 consecutive months.
The $300 cash bonus will be deposited directly into your new Ultimate Package or new Preferred Package account within 6 months from account open date provided all offer conditions have been met. See terms and conditions below for full details.
128 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
1778 posts
1334 upvotes
BC
Personal opinion but the Ultimate Package is one of the best offer from one of the big 5.

Lots of perks for me... Free SDB, 6 free trades, free premium card, etc
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2478 posts
1165 upvotes
Edmonton
You can't achieve 1.8% as mentioned in the other thread on this topic as bonus 1.2% only paid until end of August.
PXL_20210406_204316525.jpg
Jul 17, 2018
217 posts
120 upvotes
Anyone sign up for this account from their Itrade account links? If I sign up after having logged into Itrade would my accounts be linked? I'm worried that if I sign up through GCR I'll have to call Itrade to link the accounts.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
2853 posts
473 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, just signed up.

When do we get to choose the CC? After we get the debit card?
Jul 17, 2018
10 posts
7 upvotes
Isn't this part a bit hard to achieve in 60 day window? When you set up an account for auto pay it usually takes out the next payment, not current one...

Set up and clear at least 2 eligible separate recurring pre-authorized transactions that are $50 or more, which will each recur monthly for a minimum of 3 consecutive months.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
14751 posts
4211 upvotes
Scarberia
honggil wrote: Hey everyone, looks like Scotiabank is bank with their Chequing account $300 Offer. IF anyone is in the market for a chequing account, this is a good option. They just had one this past Fall (Sept-Jan) there's a separate thread where the overall take on it was positive. And if you're interested in a savings account as well, they have a bundle promotion (Momentum Plus Savings account) where you can get up to 1.80% Interest.

Personally, got my Ultimate package from before and found it easy to get the $300.

Also through GCR, $35 rebate on the preferred package and $40 rebate on the ultimate package.

Complete any two of the following actions within 60 days of opening your account:
Set up and clear at least one eligible automated and recurring direct deposit, such as payroll or pension, which will recur monthly for a minimum of 3 consecutive months.
The $300 cash bonus will be deposited directly into your new Ultimate Package or new Preferred Package account within 6 months from account open date provided all offer conditions have been met. See terms and conditions below for full details.
damn , didn't signup via GCR on the ultimate 5k account, so i missed out on the 40$ :(, but i did signup for the gold amex card with the 120$ GCR cb! o well! should be easy 300$ after 3months of direct deposits!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
6000 posts
627 upvotes
Vancouver
Thatdealguy wrote: I just cancelled my account around November. Can I still get this offer?
How are you TDG? Everyone misses you in the costco west thread.
Jul 1, 2006
727 posts
530 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: I just cancelled my account around November. Can I still get this offer?
Nope:
If I am an existing Scotiabank chequing account holder, am I eligible for the $300 bonus if I open a new or additional Preferred Package or Ultimate Package account?

No, customers who are currently or were previously holders and/or joint holders of a Scotiabank chequing account within the last 2 years are not eligible for this Offer.

“Scotiabank Chequing Account” means any of the following accounts: Ultimate Package, Preferred Package, Scotia One Account, Basic Plus Bank Account, Basic Banking Plan, Basic Bank Account, Momentum Chequing, Power Chequing, Scotia One Service, Scotia Value, Student Banking Advantage Plan.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2009
2013 posts
472 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Hey guys did the offer but asked to come into branch for my debit card. Anyone else? There is no branch within 3 hours plane ride from here. I thought it was weird since I have momentum visa mailed to me. I'll be traveling in 5 weeks and can pickup at a branch but will I get hit with fees until then? Tried to etransfer cash to the account but says no eligible.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
14751 posts
4211 upvotes
Scarberia
haliwood wrote: Hey guys did the offer but asked to come into branch for my debit card. Anyone else? There is no branch within 3 hours plane ride from here. I thought it was weird since I have momentum visa mailed to me. I'll be traveling in 5 weeks and can pickup at a branch but will I get hit with fees until then? Tried to etransfer cash to the account but says no eligible.
u have to activate the debit card first using ATM, then u can etransfer
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Sep 19, 2005
609 posts
173 upvotes
haliwood wrote: Hey guys did the offer but asked to come into branch for my debit card. Anyone else? There is no branch within 3 hours plane ride from here. I thought it was weird since I have momentum visa mailed to me. I'll be traveling in 5 weeks and can pickup at a branch but will I get hit with fees until then? Tried to etransfer cash to the account but says no eligible.
there is no Scotiabank within 3 hours PLANE RIDE from you, located in Nova Scotia? LOL
Sep 13, 2003
151 posts
168 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Did this last November. Still waiting for the bonus cash called in this week and was told by end of April. The Ultimate package is a good bundle of benefits but Scotiabank is the worst bank I've ever dealt with i was supposed to get 10 free trade at iTrade in the first year after multiple calls they've creditted back 2 trades. Every call to them is a 90 minute hold time and then you talk to someone who cannot help. Hopefully the cash bonus arrives.... you would think if they are paying me to try them out someone would have the common sense to reach out and assist new customers. Like i said my experience is they are the worst of the big 5 banks for service. I hope you have a befter experience but i could never recommend them except for someone churning this cash offer.
Apr 10, 2021
1 posts
1 upvote
Once we receive the $300, are we free to close the account without penalty? I know for a similar BMO deal you have to keep the account open until May 2022 or else they have the right to take back the bonus.
Apr 19, 2016
37 posts
14 upvotes
Based on this fine print detail, it seems like we can close the account without penalty:

General Terms: The $300 cash bonus will be deposited to the Eligible Account within six (6) months from account open date provided all Offer conditions outlined above have been met. The Eligible Account must be open and in good standing until the time of payout of the cash bonus.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
14751 posts
4211 upvotes
Scarberia
matalino wrote: Based on this fine print detail, it seems like we can close the account without penalty:

General Terms: The $300 cash bonus will be deposited to the Eligible Account within six (6) months from account open date provided all Offer conditions outlined above have been met. The Eligible Account must be open and in good standing until the time of payout of the cash bonus.
i want someone on rfd whos' actually did close the account early and didn't get any surcharge! i wanna pump and dump this amex gold cc and ultimate account once i get my bonus 30k pts and 300$cash bonus in checking account!

basically u need around 13,400pts to get a 100$ No Frills gc ... so every 134 pts is $1 value

using amex scotia GOLD card and buying a 100$ gc at metro/sobeys/food basics gives u 500pts or $3.73 savings/value
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
7149 posts
1816 upvotes
Toronto
honggil wrote: Hey everyone, looks like Scotiabank is bank with their Chequing account $300 Offer. IF anyone is in the market for a chequing account, this is a good option. They just had one this past Fall (Sept-Jan) there's a separate thread where the overall take on it was positive. And if you're interested in a savings account as well, they have a bundle promotion (Momentum Plus Savings account) where you can get up to 1.80% Interest.

Ultimate package get 1.8% interest and Preferred package get 1.75%. I got a amazon $100 GC via rates.ca (forgot the exact link) last December. Got my $300 last week. Since the interest rate is weak at this time thinking of opening the Momemtum Plus saving account and will close the whole thing after August 2021.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2904 posts
1404 upvotes
For those of you that hop from bank to bank...how much of a Pain in the butt is it?

I've been with RBC for literally ever....with their highest tier banking setup.....but have SOOO many accounts within them....is it a huge pain to switch?

Thinking that paying $20/month for banking fees maybe isn't worth it anymore when Scotia says if you have $30k between chequing and savings the fee is waived? We always have that amount!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
7149 posts
1816 upvotes
Toronto
kanewtz wrote: For those of you that hop from bank to bank...how much of a Pain in the butt is it?

I've been with RBC for literally ever....with their highest tier banking setup.....but have SOOO many accounts within them....is it a huge pain to switch?

Thinking that paying $20/month for banking fees maybe isn't worth it anymore when Scotia says if you have $30k between chequing and savings the fee is waived? We always have that amount!
I don't hop from one bank to another. But always open another account at another financial institution when there is a promo (like this thread mention). Put the minimum $ to get the fees waived, follow the condition of the promo (e.g. it stated the account have to be open for one year), then pull out the entire $ after meeting the condition to avoid headache later.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)