Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Scotiabank

Scotiabank Chequing Account $300 Offer

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2021 10:20 am
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
4586 posts
1251 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Scotiabank] Scotiabank Chequing Account $300 Offer

Deal Link:
Expiry:
January 28, 2021
Retailer:
Scotiabank
More offers from Scotiabank
Hey, just noticed that Scotiabank seems to be extending their chequing account $300 offer until end of January for the preferred and ultimate packages. It’s a great option if you’re interested in the market looking to open up a chequing account because 1) I personally found it easy to ‘get’ the $300 (2) been following offers and banks typically end these type of offers mid-December so you’ve got time to apply and think about it. I think it’s Hot if you’ve got the time to do this and I like that they the extended offer.

Also through GCR, $35 rebate on the preferred package and $40 rebate on the ultimate package.

Below is the cliff notes on how to get the $300.

Complete any two of the following three actions within 60 days of opening your account:

Make an eligible $50 bill payment through online or mobile banking.
Set up at least 2 eligible separate recurring pre-authorized transactions that are $50 or more, which will each recur monthly for a minimum of 3 consecutive months and the transactions clear.
Set up an eligible recurring direct deposit, which will recur monthly for a minimum of 3 consecutive months and the transactions clear.
The $300 cash bonus will be deposited directly into your new Ultimate Package or new Preferred Package account within 2 months of completing the above requirements. See terms and conditions below for full details.

Actually am quite enjoying the Scotiabank app and may keep it. May get my wife to sign up since the offer got extended.
350 replies
Apr 21, 2020
149 posts
160 upvotes
I joined the last plan,deposited more than 6000 for 4 months,they gave me nothing,

it isn't reputable promotion.
Jun 20, 2010
189 posts
47 upvotes
uathinker wrote: I joined the last plan,deposited more than 6000 for 4 months,they gave me nothing,

They pay within 60 days after the 3rd recurring payment, would that explain it? That's when I got mine.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32144 posts
15423 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Another cash promotion.
I already got the TD one and am working on the Tangerine one.
I guess i am mentally tapped out, though perhaps i should muster the motivation to get another $300.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
4586 posts
1251 upvotes
Toronto, ON
uathinker wrote: I joined the last plan,deposited more than 6000 for 4 months,they gave me nothing,

Didn't have any issues receiving my $300 - just make sure you follow the points above and you should be good - if anything, just contact them and let them know if you've got everything sorted. It's a pretty easy $300 :)
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
4586 posts
1251 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Quentin5 wrote: Another cash promotion.
I already got the TD one and am working on the Tangerine one.
I guess i am mentally tapped out, though perhaps i should muster the motivation to get another $300.
haha i hear you, I also did the HSBC Mastecard 100k pts :P Do it!!
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
4586 posts
1251 upvotes
Toronto, ON
amoosavi86 wrote: What was their excuse to not pay you? Sue them.
Smh :/ Tbh... I'm pretty sure they have a system in place to automatically dish out the $300 when you've fulfilled the requirements... They're not going to not give the $300 if you follow the steps.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32144 posts
15423 upvotes
Socially Distanced
honggil wrote: haha i hear you, I also did the HSBC Mastecard 100k pts :P Do it!!
I'll look at the requirements and go from there, i am unclear as to the nature of the bill payment requirements and will need to solve that.
honggil wrote: Smh :/ Tbh... I'm pretty sure they have a system in place to automatically dish out the $300 when you've fulfilled the requirements... They're not going to not give the $300 if you follow the steps.
It happens, TD screwed up and i didn't get my $100 for the $1000 investment promo last year. It took some calls and doing but they made me whole eventually.
So the OP should chase them for the money and they should get it.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2005
2098 posts
1968 upvotes
Thanks OP! I may sign up just so that I can keep the Scotia Momentum Infinite Visa card since this account offers a $139 credit card rebate.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2019
1169 posts
2203 upvotes
Ottawa
Scotia are the worst when it comes to cashback redemption on credit cards.
Ended up cancelling my card and even closing my account *

Yes their app is good, but the same can be said about other bank apps.
Last edited by MrDisco on Dec 14th, 2020 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: take the bigotry elsewhere
Deal Fanatic
Jun 4, 2012
8351 posts
8893 upvotes
great deal... did it last year and their Ultimate Plan is the best of the Big 5 banks IMHO...
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12734 posts
6256 upvotes
My wife got her's within 3 months and so did I. No issues at all.
People who don't get them have probably not followed the steps.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2014
1781 posts
2401 upvotes
GPS - error
* I got this promo last year, no issues.
Ultimate package gives you a free credit card as well, plus a safety deposit box and more, it's a good deal ...
Last edited by MrDisco on Dec 14th, 2020 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: thread cleanup
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2011
1958 posts
1903 upvotes
Vancouver

My Dad and I got both got the promo right on time. I actually got mine in less than 3 months (opened account and switched pay mid-May 2020 and got the payment when my first August pay was deposited on the 7th)