Hot Deals

[Scotiabank] Scotiabank eHome new 3-4-5 year Mortgage Rates

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2020 6:20 pm
Jul 21, 2017
103 posts
24 upvotes
PannTher wrote: I was offered 1.7% with BMO. Is this good? Seems to be from a large bank? What should I ask for?

Thanks
Insured or uninsured ?
Oct 20, 2005
70 posts
4 upvotes
Ottawa
Hey guys, so I've been dealing with eHome for the better part of the month and I just wanna offer my experience with the whole process. In my opinion, eHome is only good for getting a pre-approval rate to use at another firm to match or get a better rate from, I would avoid getting a mortgage with eHome at all costs. There was no action on my eHome mortgage application for 3 weeks, and it would've went on for longer if I hadn't called them last week to get an update. They just rejected my application for a flimsy reason, without ever contacting me, just weeks before my closing(despite us having been approved from other places), so now my wife and I are on the phone trying to secure something last minute at a time when lenders are busy dealing with multiple applications.

I went with eHome not because they had the lowest rate(they didn't), but because I thought it would be a hassle-free streamlined process, but I was unfortunately very wrong.
Feb 10, 2015
11 posts
3 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
GSG Flash wrote: Hey guys, so I've been dealing with eHome for the better part of the month and I just wanna offer my experience with the whole process. In my opinion, eHome is only good for getting a pre-approval rate to use at another firm to match or get a better rate from, I would avoid getting a mortgage with eHome at all costs. There was no action on my eHome mortgage application for 3 weeks, and it would've went on for longer if I hadn't called them last week to get an update. They just rejected my application for a flimsy reason, without ever contacting me, just weeks before my closing(despite us having been approved from other places), so now my wife and I are on the phone trying to secure something last minute at a time when lenders are busy dealing with multiple applications.

I went with eHome not because they had the lowest rate(they didn't), but because I thought it would be a hassle-free streamlined process, but I was unfortunately very wrong.

SO sorry hear that. no one should go through this process
Aug 2, 2017
16 posts
3 upvotes
I have just ported my mortgage from RBC to CIBC. They gave 1.64 - 5 years variable closed or 1.74 5 years Fixed closed, plus cash back, the cash back it tiered. Thus far they have been very accommodating.
RBC did not / wont price match since I have several mortgages with them,
I am in Vancouver, BC
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2598 posts
1156 upvotes
GSG Flash wrote: Hey guys, so I've been dealing with eHome for the better part of the month and I just wanna offer my experience with the whole process. In my opinion, eHome is only good for getting a pre-approval rate to use at another firm to match or get a better rate from, I would avoid getting a mortgage with eHome at all costs. There was no action on my eHome mortgage application for 3 weeks, and it would've went on for longer if I hadn't called them last week to get an update. They just rejected my application for a flimsy reason, without ever contacting me, just weeks before my closing(despite us having been approved from other places), so now my wife and I are on the phone trying to secure something last minute at a time when lenders are busy dealing with multiple applications.

I am going with them and took less than a week for me, it was pretty simple...
Apr 21, 2020
35 posts
9 upvotes
Who gets 300 bonus?
They don't recognize PAD transaction as PAD they defined
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
5337 posts
1985 upvotes
Winnipeg
Jon138 wrote: I have just ported my mortgage from RBC to CIBC. They gave 1.64 - 5 years variable closed or 1.74 5 years Fixed closed, plus cash back, the cash back it tiered. Thus far they have been very accommodating.
RBC did not / wont price match since I have several mortgages with them,
I am in Vancouver, BC
I’m in the same boat and RBC wont match any competition
Jun 18, 2016
6 posts
1 upvote
Hmm, I'm in Vancouver too, They offered 1.79 -5y fixed and 1.81 - 5y var uninsured. How can I get your rate?
Nov 30, 2017
8 posts
3 upvotes
I just received 4 year fixed 1.69% through Scotiabank with my Financial Advisor. I am in Vancouver, BC
Mar 6, 2018
37 posts
21 upvotes
You can actually get 1.65% now for 5 year fixed uninsured with 25 amortization or 1.70% with a 30 year amortization , owner occupied through BMO on mortgages greater than $600k. Just confirmed with my BMO contact today.
Apr 25, 2017
108 posts
70 upvotes
Dealgains wrote: You can actually get 1.65% now for 5 year fixed uninsured with 25 amortization or 1.70% with a 30 year amortization , owner occupied through BMO on mortgages greater than $600k. Just confirmed with my BMO contact today.
Do you know if it's possible to get those rates for their Homeowner ReadiLine product - https://www.bmo.com/main/personal/mortg ... readiline/?
Feb 20, 2019
59 posts
58 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
This ehome worked for me. I closed a mortgage of 320k for 1.79% with a 20% dp.
Koodo $35 10GB PM Migration + $180 Bill Credits + $300 WM Gift Card
Fido $40 14GB BYOD
Shaw $45 300/15MBPS + $250 Bill Credits
May 9, 2007
14 posts
Toronto
Dealphlup wrote: I just received 4 year fixed 1.69% through Scotiabank with my Financial Advisor. I am in Vancouver, BC
Scotiabank just sent me an online early renewal offer (6 months early ?!):
2 yr fixed: 1.89 %
3 yr fixed: 1.93 %
4 yr fixed: 1.69 %
5 yr fixed: 1.87 %
5 yr variable: 1.75 % (Prime –0.70)

I'm in Toronto
Jul 29, 2019
4 posts
mopkba12345 wrote: Scotiabank just sent me an online early renewal offer (6 months early ?!):
2 yr fixed: 1.89 %
3 yr fixed: 1.93 %
4 yr fixed: 1.69 %
5 yr fixed: 1.87 %
5 yr variable: 1.75 % (Prime –0.70)

I'm in Toronto

Any opinion on this offer I received the same.