Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Scotiabank

Scotiabank Gold American Express with highest ever $500 SUB and FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2022 1:34 am
Mar 23, 2019
462 posts
290 upvotes
newt_101 wrote: The rep mentioned that it was in the fine-print with both of the cards mentioned but I never saw it mentioned on the forums.
So I'm wondering if this has been raised before or others have had this issue or if it's just me?

They don’t know sh*t.

I once applied for scot Amex when I had scotia via infinite still got the wb
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
3039 posts
1638 upvotes
ON
vancitydude wrote: How can this card be used to buy Costco cash cards? If possible at all?
Buy prepaid mastercard GCs to pay for COSTCO Cash cards. There is some fees.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2883 posts
1622 upvotes
to the people who have a scotia card already, and still got the SUB, were you logged in when you signed up for the Amex?
Dec 8, 2010
721 posts
300 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
Today is the last day to get $150 GC from the ratesdotca.
Sep 30, 2010
121 posts
409 upvotes
Toronto, ON
What's the average time for people from getting approval online and getting the physical card? I got approved yesterday and was wondering if I'd get the card this week (need to use it for a USD transaction). AMEX for me is usually 2-3 days after approval.

Please let me know, thanks!
Aug 11, 2011
331 posts
368 upvotes
RICHMOND
DP for Great Canadian Rebates.

Applied for this card in 2018, got the rebate.

Applied for this card again in 2021, also received the rebate.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2015
1446 posts
729 upvotes
Calgary, AB
pricegrabber wrote: DP for Great Canadian Rebates.

Applied for this card in 2018, got the rebate.

Applied for this card again in 2021, also received the rebate.
What's the easiest way to confirm when you last opened/closed these credit card accounts.

Can you just call a bank like Scotia and ask or do we have to keep track ourselves
Jun 27, 2020
77 posts
99 upvotes
Applied on Saturday, received my $150 Amazon gift card in email today. The AMEX card isnt here yet
Jun 27, 2020
77 posts
99 upvotes
RigorMortis wrote: What's the easiest way to confirm when you last opened/closed these credit card accounts.

Can you just call a bank like Scotia and ask or do we have to keep track ourselves
I think you should be able to find that out on your credit reports, under "closed accounts"
Aug 11, 2011
331 posts
368 upvotes
RICHMOND
RigorMortis wrote: What's the easiest way to confirm when you last opened/closed these credit card accounts.

Mickey826 answered this for you.

But, the easiest way to get your credit report is through a free service like Credit Karma or Borrowell.
Oct 18, 2012
854 posts
1251 upvotes
Montréal
aznflava wrote: What's the average time for people from getting approval online and getting the physical card? I got approved yesterday and was wondering if I'd get the card this week (need to use it for a USD transaction). AMEX for me is usually 2-3 days after approval.

Please let me know, thanks!
been waiting for 16 days (11 business days)
Sep 30, 2010
121 posts
409 upvotes
Toronto, ON
soonleaf wrote: been waiting for 16 days (11 business days)
Ugh... 5 to 9 days my a$$
Deal Addict
May 31, 2008
1550 posts
1208 upvotes
Toronto
are people getting the FYF waved?
I thought there were issues in past with that,
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
9301 posts
10316 upvotes
soonleaf wrote: been waiting for 16 days (11 business days)
When I was waiting for approval for this card last year, I called Scotiabank to inquire. The rep told me it was pending review but he would review it himself.

A few hours later I received an email saying I was approved.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2019
1048 posts
1316 upvotes
Toronto
Poutinesauce wrote: When I was waiting for approval for this card last year, I called Scotiabank to inquire. The rep told me it was pending review but he would review it himself.

Did you get the approval for GC?
Oct 18, 2012
854 posts
1251 upvotes
Montréal
Poutinesauce wrote: When I was waiting for approval for this card last year, I called Scotiabank to inquire. The rep told me it was pending review but he would review it himself.

aznflava wrote: Ugh... 5 to 9 days my a$$
a little update: got instant approval, and finally received the card today, so total waiting time is 17 days (12 business days) in my case.
Sep 30, 2010
121 posts
409 upvotes
Toronto, ON
soonleaf wrote: a little update: got instant approval, and finally received the card today, so total waiting time is 17 days (12 business days) in my case.
Thanks for the info! Guess I'll have to use another card and pay the 2.5% FX rate for now... Smiling Face With Horns
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
Late to the party, any signup bonuses from any available portals like gcr as I see the rates.ca bonus ended. TIA.
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent