Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Scotiabank

Scotiabank Gold American Express with highest ever $500 SUB and FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2022 1:34 am
Feb 25, 2003
627 posts
492 upvotes
Vancouver
FYI
Get 250 bonus Scotia Rewards points when you subscribe to receive valuable offers and information from the Scotia Rewards Program – and know that you can unsubscribe at any time.

I allow Scotiabank to send me electronic messages (such as emails) relating to the Scotia Rewards Program. I understand if I unsubscribe, I may still receive certain electronic messages from Scotiabank as permitted by law, such as messages relating to my Scotia Rewards transactions or existing accounts and services.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2883 posts
1622 upvotes
RigorMortis wrote: How long after applying points to a travel booking does it take before scotia actually adds the credit (in dollars) to your account?

Scotia's website indicates it can take a few statements - does it really take this long?
Anyone have a DP for this question?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2883 posts
1622 upvotes
Regular points for first transaction posted over $1k, but no bonus points

Am I out of luck?

update - bonus 30k posted the next day
Last edited by TheDgoat on Nov 13th, 2021 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 11, 2011
331 posts
368 upvotes
RICHMOND
Took 10 business days between approval and getting the card in the mail.
Nov 1, 2020
186 posts
358 upvotes
TheDgoat wrote: Anyone have a DP for this question?
Scotia was quick with my points. A few days max. I only had the account open for about two weeks and received 30k points, redeemed for $300 credit and closed the account.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2002
1342 posts
390 upvotes
Oakville
I dont recall seeing FYF when I signed up for this card with creditcardgenius (I signed up and got approved Nov 5th).
I see FYF now, but wondering if I'll still get it?

Also, is this card eligible for Amex offers?
Aug 5, 2007
962 posts
445 upvotes
KennyX wrote: I dont recall seeing FYF when I signed up for this card with creditcardgenius (I signed up and got approved Nov 5th).

If the FYF wasn't in the terms on the date you were approved, you won't be getting it. But try your luck and call in?

And it's eligible for some AMEX offers: https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/en/n ... pping.html
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2002
1342 posts
390 upvotes
Oakville
mrelusive wrote: If the FYF wasn't in the terms on the date you were approved, you won't be getting it. But try your luck and call in?

And it's eligible for some AMEX offers: https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/en/n ... pping.html
Just called - I got it applied.

Interesting how quick I got through though! The reason I posted this online vs. calling is I'm normally waiting on the call for 10-20mins+ for an operator. But this was super quick!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
KennyX wrote: Just called - I got it applied.

Interesting how quick I got through though! The reason I posted this online vs. calling is I'm normally waiting on the call for 10-20mins+ for an operator. But this was super quick!
were you able to gte the signup bonus though? Also was this first time applying or you had this card few years ago?
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Jul 29, 2016
848 posts
243 upvotes
Anyone have success when product switching?
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2017
2575 posts
1757 upvotes
KennyX wrote: I dont recall seeing FYF when I signed up for this card with creditcardgenius (I signed up and got approved Nov 5th).

I forget how it worked, but some offers worked but not all.

This is more of a Scotia card than a Amex. I don't have this card anymore so I'm not sure if it would have qualified for all those Bestbuy spend X get Y back deals.
Aug 27, 2009
347 posts
238 upvotes
There is a major points deflation of their points for statement credit program after their change on Nov 22. It was 100 point = $1. It is now 30,000 points =$20.
Major letdown!!
Feb 25, 2003
627 posts
492 upvotes
Vancouver
Is this for travel bookings? Where did you see this?
sinot wrote: There is a major points deflation of their points for statement credit program after their change on Nov 22. It was 100 point = $1. It is now 30,000 points =$20.
Major letdown!!
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
2373 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
pererac wrote: Not a real AMEX card. Do not expect even half decent customer service. They are polite - but hands are tied by scotiabank. This is a Scotia bank card. Definitely do not expect to benefit or make use of their 'sexy on paper' insurance coverage. Just churn and burn.
Speaking from first hand experiences - had the card for years only because I didn't know about the amex platinum card and other SUB perks.

Beware: scotiabank = terrible customer experience
I don't know about Scotia Amex but can speak from personal experience dealing with MBNA, RBC, TD, Capital One: all are inferior to Amex. I have always had a smooth first class experience with Amex (I mean Amex's own cards, not Scotia Bank). I can call at night and get an agent in a couple minutes vs MBNA which once took me 45 min to speak to someone, horrible.
By then you're tired and pissed off.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
sinot wrote: There is a major points deflation of their points for statement credit program after their change on Nov 22. It was 100 point = $1. It is now 30,000 points =$20.
Major letdown!!
That's interesting they didnt mentioned anything in the letter that once they move to scene.ca points it'll be equivalent. I'm surprised.
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)