Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Scotiabank

Scotiabank Gold American Express with highest ever $500 SUB and FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2022 1:34 am
Sep 30, 2018
216 posts
169 upvotes
aeronet wrote: So this whole offer is only good if you’re looking to travel? Is there any way the Scotia Reward Points can be redeemed for anything else even gift cards?
google "refundable hotel trick"
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1737 posts
8093 upvotes
Valyarian wrote: Hey, if you don't mind me asking, how often do you do this, without getting triggered for abusing the gift card trick? and how much do you do at once?
I don't think they mind! I just buy $500 at a time.
Jul 24, 2011
67 posts
13 upvotes
coopercold wrote: It's no problem! Go to Metro or Food Basis and pick up two $500 prepaid Vanilla Visa cards. You'll get an extra 5000 Scotia Rewards points, along with the 30000 welcome bonus for a total of 35000 points! 🤩🤩🤩 You can spend the Visa cards anywhere.
wait what? Is this a well known trick? Is this just printing money?? You buy money with money and then you get free points (which is money?)??
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
2211 posts
4308 upvotes
Berczy Park
yalagrfd wrote: wait what? Is this a well known trick? Is this just printing money?? You buy money with money and then you get free points (which is money?)??
Yeah, its well known for many years (manufactured spend is the term) but has lately been thought to have been linked to some amexiles last year ...so don't push like thousands a week and you should be fine lol.
Jul 24, 2011
67 posts
13 upvotes
donttoewsmebro wrote: Yeah, its well known for many years (manufactured spend is the term) but has lately been thought to have been linked to some amexiles last year ...so don't push like thousands a week and you should be fine lol.
what would happen if you get caught? They claw back the points? Or they take the card? Or you go to jail?
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
2211 posts
4308 upvotes
Berczy Park
yalagrfd wrote: what would happen if you get caught? They claw back the points? Or they take the card? Or you go to jail?
No jail thankfully! They will send a letter in the mail letting you know all your accounts/cards are closed and then you won't be able to apply for a couple of years. Also no points transfers will be allowed so yeah everything you earned...poof Crying Face

amex-canada-shutting-down-accounts-with ... 370391/77/
Sep 6, 2017
143 posts
129 upvotes
yalagrfd wrote: what would happen if you get caught? They claw back the points? Or they take the card? Or you go to jail?
Lol. There's also that guy in the US that MS to get $500k in cashback and was told to pay taxes on it, tho he did win the dispute in court. Imagine having to pay taxes on cashback cards, sheesh
Nov 12, 2014
134 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto, ON
coopercold wrote: It's no problem! Go to Metro or Food Basis and pick up two $500 prepaid Vanilla Visa cards. You'll get an extra 5000 Scotia Rewards points, along with the 30000 welcome bonus for a total of 35000 points! 🤩🤩🤩 You can spend the Visa cards anywhere.
Can this be done at any grocery store like Save-on-foods or Sobeys?
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1737 posts
8093 upvotes
aeronet wrote: Can this be done at any grocery store like Save-on-foods or Sobeys?
As long as the store codes as a grocery store, you're all good! If you're not sure, make a small purchase - like $10 - and wait for the Scotia Rewards points to post. As long as you get 5x the points (50 points in this example) then you're good to go! 🤩
Feb 17, 2011
89 posts
27 upvotes
Vancouver
For anybody who has this card...
Can you use these points for statement credits? If so, what is the redemption rate?
Sep 19, 2019
72 posts
41 upvotes
They charged me the FYF and I was on hold for like an hour to get it resolved... hopefully it works and the credited amount comes through
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1915 upvotes
TO
REDNAXELA wrote: For anybody who has this card...
Can you use these points for statement credits? If so, what is the redemption rate?
curios myself
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
2945 posts
1426 upvotes
GTA
I’ve pre-approval for this and Passport. Which ones better ?
Sep 30, 2018
216 posts
169 upvotes
Today I can also confirm that it is possible to get both FYF and the welcome bonus from the scotia amex gold card while holding other scotia cards : )
Sep 13, 2003
211 posts
305 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Can anyone who applied for this offer advise on how long to be approved?
Applied on Friday and have not heard back yet
Of course Scotiabank is the absolute worst for customer serve I had to go to their ombudsman to get my welcome offer $ but I got sucked in again with the $650 welcome bonus for this card :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)