Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Scotiabank

Scotiabank Gold AMEX $300 travel welcome bonus. First Year Fee Waived!

Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
1138 posts
199 upvotes
no points wtf. how do I get it 5-6 months passed.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
2147 posts
958 upvotes
stratux wrote: no points wtf. how do I get it 5-6 months passed.
Did you try calling them? What did they say?
Oct 28, 2005
752 posts
607 upvotes
Does Uber count as a travel expense that points can be used to pay? I have 5000 points left that I'd like to use before I cancel the card.
Aug 27, 2014
639 posts
397 upvotes
Still no points after 3 months, kind of disappointing how long it takes. I hit the minimal spend with the first statement, and thought I'd receive the points two statements later.

Got a bonus of 250 points on my last statement though, no idea why.

Capital One Aspire was immediate (and before I even received my first statement; that card is not available anymore fyi), BMO AM World Elite was upon receiving the statement hitting the minimal spend.
Sep 3, 2012
295 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
LuxErus wrote: Still no points after 3 months, kind of disappointing how long it takes. I hit the minimal spend with the first statement, and thought I'd receive the points two statements later.

Got a bonus of 250 points on my last statement though, no idea why.

Capital One Aspire was immediate (and before I even received my first statement; that card is not available anymore fyi), BMO AM World Elite was upon receiving the statement hitting the minimal spend.
Don't be disappointed.... better read the T&C or the OP ;)
Aug 27, 2014
639 posts
397 upvotes
ofertasgo wrote: Don't be disappointed.... better read the T&C or the OP ;)
Ahhhhh with the 5th statement will the bonus come.

I still don't know what it is with the 250 bonus points I got though. Hey, a bonus $2.50. Why not.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
3497 posts
2143 upvotes
Etobicoke
LuxErus wrote: Ahhhhh with the 5th statement will the bonus come.

I still don't know what it is with the 250 bonus points I got though. Hey, a bonus $2.50. Why not.
You get 250 bonus points when you sign up online for reward website and another 250 if you sigun for email subscription or something.
Mar 4, 2007
430 posts
77 upvotes
Calgary
Just signed up my spouse for this card using a blogger's referral link for the 35,000 points for $750 spend in 3 months. I was just wondering can any direct me to where I can now refer myself using my spouse's account. I can't seem to find it on the account settings.

***nevermind, just realized the promo is targeted***
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
Never opened this card before. When I go to the signup through ratehub.ca, I see $100 gift cards for 1) Amazon.ca, 2) Indigo or 3) Cineplex. Has there ever been any other types of gift cards, as none of these interest me.
*** My private mail inbox is full. Cannot receive new messages. ***
Countdown - 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0. Done@6603. 2022-07-26 3:17pm ET.
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
26762 posts
9330 upvotes
where I belong
bizee-bee wrote: Never opened this card before. When I go to the signup through ratehub.ca, I see $100 gift cards for 1) Amazon.ca, 2) Indigo or 3) Cineplex. Has there ever been any other types of gift cards, as none of these interest me.
Assume you can always sell Amazon GC at 10% off on RFD (so $90 cash value)
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2007
1263 posts
803 upvotes
Toronto
I've kept this card past the 12th month and have the $99 annual fee on my statement. I haven't used the card in about a month.

I thought I read that you can call in within 60 days and cancel to get it refunded, but now I can't find this mentioned anywhere.

Is this still true?

The search engine isn't bearing any fruit.

I'd call in and find out, but if this is totally false, it would change my approach.
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
26762 posts
9330 upvotes
where I belong
HammerRFDer wrote: I've kept this card past the 12th month and have the $99 annual fee on my statement. I haven't used the card in about a month.

I thought I read that you can call in within 60 days and cancel to get it refunded, but now I can't find this mentioned anywhere.

Is this still true?

The search engine isn't bearing any fruit.

I'd call in and find out, but if this is totally false, it would change my approach.
60 days is for AMEX Canada cards, not necessarily Scotia AMEX cards
Why not just call Scotia and find out?
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2007
1263 posts
803 upvotes
Toronto
jerryhung wrote: 60 days is for AMEX Canada cards, not necessarily Scotia AMEX cards
Why not just call Scotia and find out?
Game theory.

Better to see if they'll waive it first if I stay.

If I call in to cancel/refund, the odds of them then waiving to keep it go out the window.
Feb 24, 2017
7 posts
HammerRFDer wrote: Game theory.

Better to see if they'll waive it first if I stay.

If I call in to cancel/refund, the odds of them then waiving to keep it go out the window.
Any luck with waiving/refund?
Mar 27, 2006
211 posts
17 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I understand that you have up to 12 months to request a travel credit.

I have signed up on the 35K promo. I am considering purchasing TK Miles & Smiles points with the Scotia Amex Gold (assuming it arrives in the next day or two.

Does anyone know if that expense / purchase would be eligible to apply the travel credit to?

Assuming I would have to request a statement credit? http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/files/1 ... ms-eng.pdf

When I check their website, 37,500 points = $300. I had in my head 35K = $350 based on bloggers and RFD. I must be missing something?
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10043 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
goes scotia allow product switch?

has anyone been able to do a switch to the scotia momentum infinite from this and still get the welcome bonus?
Dec 22, 2014
218 posts
223 upvotes
Peterborough, ON
ratnrol wrote: When I check their website, 37,500 points = $300. I had in my head 35K = $350 based on bloggers and RFD. I must be missing something?
Travel credit =/= statement credit. 35k=$350 IF redeeming for travel
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1275 posts
404 upvotes
rikk84 wrote: Any luck with waiving/refund?
I just called in to cancel mine before my annual fee and the CSR told me they would credit me back the fee this year, but I have to call in once it's been charged and they will reverse it.
Mar 27, 2006
211 posts
17 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Joelm72 wrote: Travel credit =/= statement credit. 35k=$350 IF redeeming for travel
Thanks Joelm72. That clears things up.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2014
1537 posts
512 upvotes
Rouyn-Noranda
What's the best offer for this card right now?

Seems to be GCR with a $50 gift card, 25K points after $1k spending, FYF.

Swagbucks has a link that says 10k swagbucks (=$100 GC), 20k points after $750 spending, FYF
but I don't know if the offer is still good.

ratesupermarket and ratehub no longer seem to be offering gift cards.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)