Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Scotiabank

ScotiaBank Momentum VISA Infinite FYF + 10% back in first 3 months

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2020 12:50 am
Jul 30, 2008
939 posts
54 upvotes
Given a couple of the above comments, can someone explain when I should expect my $200 to come in after I spend my $2000 this month? At the end of the year, or sooner? Or some portion after x months and some other portion later? If so, what are the timings for both?

I just got the card and activated it, was about to spend $2000 over the next couple of weeks, but just realised I don't know when I should expect the money.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2016
2297 posts
2777 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tribe1689 wrote: Given a couple of the above comments, can someone explain when I should expect my $200 to come in after I spend my $2000 this month? At the end of the year, or sooner? Or some portion after x months and some other portion later? If so, what are the timings for both?

I just got the card and activated it, was about to spend $2000 over the next couple of weeks, but just realised I don't know when I should expect the money.
Similar question. I spent the $2000 last week in 1% category. My account is showing rewards of $20 in that category only and not showing anything about the 10% bonus category. Is this ok? Does the bonus amount not show up on the online account summary?

Also, will both the regular rewards and bonus both post in November or can I expect the bonus earlier?
Jul 30, 2008
939 posts
54 upvotes
Does it tell you pretty quickly if what you spend is in the 1% category, 2% category, 4% category? I have a bunch of recurring monthly charges, but it's not with the big guys, it's with small online businesses that would charge my card roughly once a month. Wondering if that would qualify for 4% cash back.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3352 posts
874 upvotes
Toronto
tribe1689 wrote: Does it tell you pretty quickly if what you spend is in the 1% category, 2% category, 4% category? I have a bunch of recurring monthly charges, but it's not with the big guys, it's with small online businesses that would charge my card roughly once a month. Wondering if that would qualify for 4% cash back.
Quickly as when it posted. It doesn't show what it is when pending.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10045 posts
3759 upvotes
multi city dweller
dotsandpixels wrote: Similar question. I spent the $2000 last week in 1% category. My account is showing rewards of $20 in that category only and not showing anything about the 10% bonus category. Is this ok? Does the bonus amount not show up on the online account summary?

Also, will both the regular rewards and bonus both post in November or can I expect the bonus earlier?
that's how the 10% bonus is supposed to work ...
if you meet the eligibility for the 10% bonus, you will receive the $180 payout much earlier than the regular cb which get paid toward year end ...

but, if you have had any scotia cc before within the last 2 yrs, you will not get the 10% ...
Jun 23, 2010
362 posts
264 upvotes
North York
btcoma wrote: Anyone know if TD Meloche Monnex home/auto insurance (paid annually) are considered reoccurring payments for this card?
I have the same question. Does anyone know?
Check my user name on eBay
Mar 6, 2019
29 posts
77 upvotes
Vancouver
How long did it take for you guys to get the $180/$200 welcome bonus? Met the min spend requirement in the first 30 days only and have been waiting ever since :(
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
Lol, worst card ever. I highly recommend people not apply for this card to get cashback. Not only did they not credit my account with the $200 cashback spent on the first $2K in 90 days, but they've charged me $120 for the second year card fee (it was supposed to be $99). Whats the best way to dispute this, online msg or calling them?

Had something similar happen to my AMEX Bonvoy card where they did not give me my 60K points on a $3K spending. You have to chase these card companies around and then they can always refuse because the offer is long gone and theres so many offers. It's ridiculous and not worth the hassle. These reward details actually should be printed in the welcome package that comes so I could save it for my records. Urgh
For Sale:
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10045 posts
3759 upvotes
multi city dweller
thelasthunter wrote: Lol, worst card ever. I highly recommend people not apply for this card to get cashback. Not only did they not credit my account with the $200 cashback spent on the first $2K in 90 days, but they've charged me $120 for the second year card fee (it was supposed to be $99). Whats the best way to dispute this, online msg or calling them?

Had something similar happen to my AMEX Bonvoy card where they did not give me my 60K points on a $3K spending. You have to chase these card companies around and then they can always refuse because the offer is long gone and theres so many offers. It's ridiculous and not worth the hassle. These reward details actually should be printed in the welcome package that comes so I could save it for my records. Urgh
the af is $120 on this card ... were you promised $99 AF?

is this yr first ever scotia related cc?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
LOL808 wrote: the af is $120 on this card ... were you promised $99 AF?

is this yr first ever scotia related cc?

Yeah, that was part of the offer in March 2019. Wayback machine also lists it as $99 during this time: https://web.archive.org/web/20190202105 ... -card.html

I called them and they credited my account back in the October statement. I did not see this partly because their crappy cashback menu kept listing my cashback total as $8, which I guess was just regular transactions not part of the welcoming package. Should have cancelled this card before the AF. Not worth anything else, besides.
For Sale:
Oct 25, 2001
978 posts
689 upvotes
Toronto
For those waiting for the extra $20 from the promotion... anyone get it now that it's November? I just see my regular cash back.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
I'm just about to cancel this card after getting my cashback.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1397 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto
enhanced wrote: Note that the redemption period is once a year at the end of November. If you cancel prior to that time, you lose your points.

This means that if you sign up now, your annual fee kicks in every year in early November. However, doing this would mean that you could never cancel prior to your annual fee kicking or you'll lose your points for the year. You also don't get prorated the annual fee if you cancel early.

I've been eyeing this card since the MBNA World Elite got nerfed and am waiting till December.
Is tomorrow, Dec. 1st, a good time to sign up?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)