Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Scotiabank

ScotiaBank Momentum VISA Infinite FYF + 10% back in first 3 months

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2020 12:50 am
Mar 11, 2011
415 posts
154 upvotes
Montréal
looking4deals1 wrote: Similar to what I am doing. I received the card last week and right after activating I used $1450 for son's tuition and $550 on Costco giftcards online. I will now use the card for gas/groceries also.
So if I buy a tv at Costco, it’ll count in the 10%?
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10055 posts
6147 upvotes
Steack wrote: So if I buy a tv at Costco, it’ll count in the 10%?
Only if you buy it on Costco website.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8517 posts
6260 upvotes
You could buy TV online using Visa or buy GC and spend it in store
Jan 3, 2013
919 posts
475 upvotes
Mississauga
Costco doesn't take VISA but if you buy it online you can use this VISA towards the 10%.
Feb 20, 2017
326 posts
278 upvotes
GVRD
Dang it... I applied directly on their website without using GCR link... Any remedy for this? Card is approved..
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
2483 posts
284 upvotes
Can one use a credit card, when buying a used or new car from a dealership?
Nov 10, 2016
450 posts
284 upvotes
When I saw the title, I was thinking the possibility of buying a house with that visa card and get 10% back. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10055 posts
6147 upvotes
skydeal wrote: When I saw the title, I was thinking the possibility of buying a house with that visa card and get 10% back. Face With Tears Of Joy
I am sure some real estate agent may allow cc on his fee. It is only max of $2000 spending for 10%.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
2483 posts
284 upvotes
Cypherus21 wrote: When your annual fee kicks in for the second year, and you cancel the card, you do get a prorated refund for the remaining second year to which your annual fee no longer applies. Scotia will mail you a cheque (last time they mailed me a $88 cheque as I was 1.5 months into my second year ). There are no strings attached if you don't mind the partial hit in the annual fee you absorb for the second year until you cancel. It is not necessary you apply in December 2018 to cancel by December 2019 with no annual fee. You can cancel January 2020 and take a small $8.25 hit in annual fee when the remaining will be refunded.
Great information. Thanks. But it be even cleaner, if one does not need to contact the CC and deal with that.

Do all cards work like this? Currently have a CIBC VISA infinite, that also issues the rebate once a year. And I'm looking to cancel the card once the CC rewards are issued, which is supposed to take place in Dec.
Nov 10, 2016
450 posts
284 upvotes
ml88888888 wrote: I am sure some real estate agent may allow cc on his fee. It is only max of $2000 spending for 10%.
I know. I was joking. The cap is not mentioned in the title.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
2483 posts
284 upvotes
looking4deals1 wrote: Similar to what I am doing. I received the card last week and right after activating I used $1450 for son's tuition and $550 on Costco giftcards online. I will now use the card for gas/groceries also.
So tuition and Costco gift cards are considred everyday purchases? I assume this is the 10% cashback on the $2000, for the two items you've listed.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1062 posts
857 upvotes
GTA
mega4ever wrote: Dang it... I applied directly on their website without using GCR link... Any remedy for this? Card is approved..
Due diligence. maybe?
Dec 24, 2004
46 posts
16 upvotes
Nepean
The 10% bonus gets paid out after 90 days as opposed to 10% per month for the first 3 months.
It will show up as an adjustment on the bill.
I called today to confirm as I just saw the normal percentages being listed on my bill.
Jan 3, 2013
919 posts
475 upvotes
Mississauga
reggyDeal wrote: So tuition and Costco gift cards are considred everyday purchases? I assume this is the 10% cashback on the $2000, for the two items you've listed.
I believe they would be considered everyday purchases and yes, 10% cashback on the $2000 in the first 3 months. I've since started using the card at grocery stores and gas stations. I have AMEX cards for other purchases that I prefer to use. But the best way to maximize the cashback is to use it on everyday purchases on the first $2000 in 3 months.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9404 posts
5374 upvotes
looking4deals1 wrote: I believe they would be considered everyday purchases and yes, 10% cashback on the $2000 in the first 3 months. I've since started using the card at grocery stores and gas stations. I have AMEX cards for other purchases that I prefer to use. But the best way to maximize the cashback is to use it on everyday purchases on the first $2000 in 3 months.
I looked everywhere for a definition of "everyday purchases" but could not find one.
Aug 12, 2014
324 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I got the Direct Mailer stating I was pre-approved for this card with the offer listed, I called in and just took the offer last week.
I would love to hear a comparison of this with card against other top cashback cards, it might be really helpful to other RFDers too.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2014
5442 posts
3912 upvotes
Richmond Hill
When does this deal expire? And when does the GCR $55 bonus expire?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8517 posts
6260 upvotes
Can I have 2 of this card? I got a message when I log in for pre-approved one of their 3 cards (including this one). I went GCR way to collect $55 and got this card. However, my offer still show up every day I login and not expiring till Dec 31. I was wondering if I can accept the offer for this same card again to take advantage of 10% offer twice
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11667 posts
14020 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
mkl38s wrote: Can I have 2 of this card? I got a message when I log in for pre-approved one of their 3 cards (including this one). I went GCR way to collect $55 and got this card. However, my offer still show up every day I login and not expiring till Dec 31. I was wondering if I can accept the offer for this same card again to take advantage of 10% offer twice
In the thread dedicated to this card in the credit card forum, there is someone that claims to have had multiple of this card more than once, so I’d say you can have 2.
Question is, will they still honour the preapproval since you already applied for one.
Only one way to find out.
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10055 posts
6147 upvotes
mkl38s wrote: Can I have 2 of this card? I got a message when I log in for pre-approved one of their 3 cards (including this one). I went GCR way to collect $55 and got this card. However, my offer still show up every day I login and not expiring till Dec 31. I was wondering if I can accept the offer for this same card again to take advantage of 10% offer twice
Open another GCR acct, apply the Visa again to get another $55 from GCR.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)