• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2022 11:28 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 18, 2013
132 posts
103 upvotes
Abbotsford
So tired. No multipliers are being tallied. Only 1x pts. So annoying. Can't get through to talk to anyone. What a joke
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
3262 posts
1560 upvotes
RickG724 wrote: So tired. No multipliers are being tallied. Only 1x pts. So annoying. Can't get through to talk to anyone. What a joke
Call Scotia and have them transfer you. At least you are getting points. I’m getting 0 points for my purchases right now.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1869 posts
2216 upvotes
I'm getting 0 points on accelerated categories, 1 on non-accelerated.
🏦 Banking: Alterna Bank (1.5%, No fees), Motive Financial (3%, No fees)
📈 Investing: National Bank Direct Brokerage
💳 Spending: Scotia Amex Gold (5 pts/dining, 1 pts/rest), Scotia Scene Visa (1 pts)
📱 Mobile: Eastlink 10GB Rollover ($45/mth)
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2004
1080 posts
652 upvotes
zzricezz wrote: Call Scotia and have them transfer you. At least you are getting points. I’m getting 0 points for my purchases right now.
joshnet wrote: I'm getting 0 points on accelerated categories, 1 on non-accelerated.
Exact same as my wife, 0 points since early January purchases. We haven't used it for non-bonus spend, so no history there. Her February statement just posted, so it's now 2 statements without the points.

On the other hand, my account has no issues. *knock on wood *. I wish it was the opposite so I could make the call without getting her on the phone...
Jul 3, 2019
819 posts
425 upvotes
(Non) update: still haven’t heard from Scotiabank and still no pts adjustment from Scene+ yet.

I’ve decided to stop using the card in March now that I reached the $7500 mark and of course, I did not receive the 20k bonus points. Missing over 25k points right now. It’s been 3 months already and I shouldn’t have to contact them every month. Patience I guess…
Oct 18, 2013
132 posts
103 upvotes
Abbotsford
zzricezz wrote: Call Scotia and have them transfer you. At least you are getting points. I’m getting 0 points for my purchases right now.
What number did you use
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
9485 posts
2880 upvotes
multi city dweller
I Have stopped using the amex gold for almost 2 months now, waiting for the issue to be resolved.
It seems however, that BNS is taking its sweet time.

I am not seeing too many posts lately complaining about the mess. Can I assume that most have had their issues resolved?

I am considering writing to their president's office to lodge a complaint. Angry Face
Sep 3, 2011
153 posts
86 upvotes
Issue is not resolved for me. I’m assuming you are not seeing too many complaints on here because there’s nothing new to say. Issues earning points, incredibly long wait times, nobody responding to emails, etc. etc.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1869 posts
2216 upvotes
I can't even log into my Scene+ account at the moment. It just gives: Oops, your account is not allowed to sign in now.
💳 Spending: Scotia Amex Gold (5 pts/dining, 1 pts/rest), Scotia Scene Visa (1 pts)
[OP]
Feb 28, 2014
890 posts
1041 upvotes
joshnet wrote: I can't even log into my Scene+ account at the moment. It just gives: Oops, your account is not allowed to sign in now.
There was a notification yesterday that they were aware that some people couldn't sign into their Scene+ account via the Scotiabank online banking portal and they were working to fix the issue.

Honestly, the Scene+ rollout has been a complete mess. Even though the original 1x points issue was largely solved and they credited me the difference, I'm still getting some restaurant purchases being labelled non-restaurant purchases and only getting 1x instead of 5x which is quite frustrating and then their customer service line is ridiculously busy.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1869 posts
2216 upvotes
@deltatux My login attempt was through the Scene+ website, not through Scotiabank, unless they actually mean it doesn't work from anywhere.
[OP]
Feb 28, 2014
890 posts
1041 upvotes
joshnet wrote: @deltatux My login attempt was through the Scene+ website, not through Scotiabank, unless they actually mean it doesn't work from anywhere.
Interesting, the login works on my end, so weird that your account was disabled. What's more annoying is that their customer service lines are jammed.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1869 posts
2216 upvotes
Yeah I've given up on contacting them for the moment. They've got a few more months to sort the mess out before I'd like to actually use some points, plus I've stopped using my cards for now. If it just... worked... it'd be a nice program. Le sigh.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
9485 posts
2880 upvotes
multi city dweller
I will try to ask for some compensation in the form of AF refund for those wasted months plus inconvenience. Angry Face
Nov 16, 2015
25 posts
15 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
LOL808 wrote: I Have stopped using the amex gold for almost 2 months now, waiting for the issue to be resolved.
It seems however, that BNS is taking its sweet time.

I am not seeing too many posts lately complaining about the mess. Can I assume that most have had their issues resolved?

I am considering writing to their president's office to lodge a complaint. Angry Face
Nope, not yet resolved for me. Been missing points since late November. I’m not getting points for multiplier categories just purchases with 1x. I’m using the Amex Gold.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1869 posts
2216 upvotes
Sigh. I got in my account. They made a login change, you have to use Scene+ number. I used to have to use my email address, which seemingly no longer works/they disabled.
[OP]
Feb 28, 2014
890 posts
1041 upvotes
joshnet wrote: Sigh. I got in my account. They made a login change, you have to use Scene+ number. I used to have to use my email address, which seemingly no longer works/they disabled.
Ah that makes sense, ya they changed that when it switched from Scene to Scene+. Not sure if they sent out a notification when that change happened but remembered that I had to start using my Scene number to login when they moved the login process to Azure B2C.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1869 posts
2216 upvotes
I tried to use my Scene+ number originally and it failed. I had to figure out the email address and try using that, which ended up working - until now.