Tags:
[OP]
Aug 11, 2019
164 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto

Scout Condos (St.Clair and Weston)

Hello!

I’m interested in investing in a pre-con (via assignment) at the Scout Condos (and Scoop Condos in particular at 1771 St Clair).

What is everyone’s thoughts about the area? I know the Streetcar runs across St.Claire and has its own dedicated lanes, and that’s a big selling feature for me. Hopefully it is quicker to get AAA quality tenants.

Would the appreciation in that neighbourhood be comparable to other pre cons in mid town?

The assignments I’m looking at are priced better than Monza, 900 St Claire, and any new project along Eglinton.

Thanks!
Full Time Realtor
GTA & Surrounding Areas
4 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
1611 posts
2458 upvotes
Toronto
I remember last year how cheap Scout was. I almost pulled the trigger. The area isn't great, but at the price point they were offering it was attractive. You can't compare it to Monza as Monza is closer to Bathurst. Scout is in a weird area, although gentrifying. What price are the assignments?
I do not need approval, I do not need friends. I do what I want.
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
12569 posts
7798 upvotes
CondoMan98 wrote: I remember last year how cheap Scout was. I almost pulled the trigger. The area isn't great, but at the price point they were offering it was attractive. You can't compare it to Monza as Monza is closer to Bathurst. Scout is in a weird area, although gentrifying. What price are the assignments?
Yea, they were cheap
[OP]
Aug 11, 2019
164 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto
CondoMan98 wrote: I remember last year how cheap Scout was. I almost pulled the trigger. The area isn't great, but at the price point they were offering it was attractive. You can't compare it to Monza as Monza is closer to Bathurst. Scout is in a weird area, although gentrifying. What price are the assignments?
The assignment I am interested in was thru a distress sale for about $670 a square foot including parking. It was a 2bedroom 2 washroom property.

Only downside is, I’d need to rent it out for at least $2,500 to be profitable on a month to month basis.
Full Time Realtor
GTA & Surrounding Areas
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
1611 posts
2458 upvotes
Toronto
Dayravi wrote: The assignment I am interested in was thru a distress sale for about $670 a square foot including parking. It was a 2bedroom 2 washroom property.

Only downside is, I’d need to rent it out for at least $2,500 to be profitable on a month to month basis.
That’s a good deal IMO.
I do not need approval, I do not need friends. I do what I want.