Scratch and dent appliances in GTA?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2020 9:28 am
[OP]
Jul 10, 2019
2 posts
Toronto

Scratch and dent appliances in GTA?

I'm looking for a good deal on a fridge. Does anyone know of stores in Toronto that sells scratch and dent or refurbished appliances with perfect working conditions?

Thanks!
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2010
1162 posts
586 upvotes
Try Royal appliances in Brampton . 268 Rutherford Rd S, Unit 4 .
"Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked" - Warren Buffett -
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4681 posts
4392 upvotes
Toronto
Lowes usually has good discounts on scratch-and-dents and puts them out prominently on display in the appliance section. It's always something I check when I stop by. Discounts are usually hundreds of dollars off their usual price. Of course, selection varies all the time, so you have to check different locations often.

My current stainless steel, French door fridge has a MSRP of $1,200, The big box retailers sell it for $1,100. At Lowes, they had one with an one inch dent in the front (probably the display model and just the right height for a shopping cart to have hit it) and marked it down to $800! Works perfectly and had manufacturer's warranty, etc. The salesperson said lots of people have looked at it, but they just couldn't deal with the dent in such a prominent spot. Doesn't matter to me. Put up some kids' artwork with a magnet and no more dent.

In comparison, Home Depot has a much smaller selection of scratch-and-dents and not very good discounts. Maybe HD has better policies with their vendors and can return them, so they don't need to sell them.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)