• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2020 6:29 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Feb 23, 2010
163 posts
53 upvotes

Scratch Repair

Ok so I accidentally hit against a cart corral on a parking lot as I don't drive as often these days as before (excuse) ...

See pics below:
https://imgur.com/a/ctI9nda

There is no dent, but some long scratches across 2 doors. I ran my nail across the scratches and my nail did catch the scratch.

Anyone can provide cost estimate to get it repaired? Located in Mississauga.

Or any recommendation on how to do DIY repair? Car is not new. Not looking for high-end perfect repair, but do want a permanent fix so it won't rust over time.

Thanks!
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
8063 posts
4459 upvotes
Alberta
See if you can polish it out with a rubbing compound. If you can, then wax it after. If not, you’ll have to get it repainted. Don’t try to repaint it yourself with a spray bomb, it’ll look like sh!t.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
21669 posts
2438 upvotes
Most of the white ares is likely paint transfer and will polish out.

The middle grey area is down to primer or metal and should be repaired.

It will require a respray of both doors and possibly into the fender and read bumper. Cost, a very rough estimate is $750 to $1250.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15292 posts
12734 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I stopped reading once you said the scratch catches your nails. Like @Kasakato said, will require repainting. If there is NO dent, you can give carsmetics a call and see if they can fix it. These guys specialize in blowing in paint that matches the original paint perfectly. They mostly do work for dealerships but will do private work as well.
Oct 21, 2006
499 posts
292 upvotes
if it's my car I would get some spray paint to touch it up and call it a day... but then I drive a 10 yr old Camry lol
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15292 posts
12734 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Jigsaw wrote: if it's my car I would get some spray paint to touch it up and call it a day... but then I drive a 10 yr old Camry lol
That would be one ghetto fix, might as well just leave it as is if that was the case.
Oct 8, 2019
100 posts
53 upvotes
Most of it will come out with some polishing. But definitely have scratches. Up to u if u can live with the scratches. Since its down to the bare metal, youll get some rust if u dont at the minimum use touch up paint (i personally do that over not painting at all). Ideally, you get it repainted correctly .