Automotive

Scratch Repair in Mississauga

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 8:23 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
Feb 23, 2010
163 posts
53 upvotes

Scratch Repair in Mississauga

Looking for a place in Mississauga to repair a deep scratch on a vehicle. There is no dent, but long & deep scratches across 2 side doors.

See pics below:
https://imgur.com/a/ctI9nda

Car is not new. Not looking for high-end perfect repair, but do want a permanent fix so it won't rust over time.

Any recommendation for body shop in Mississauga?

Thanks
11 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15363 posts
12830 upvotes
Richmond Hill
That’s going to be costly to repair. Proper repair will require quarter panel and fender to be blown in as well.
Sr. Member
Sep 4, 2006
768 posts
393 upvotes
Ottawa
This will show you how to do it without repainting, but it was eventually repainted.

Jr. Member
Feb 18, 2006
163 posts
8 upvotes
Try Kevin from Paintforce. He just did my bumper and did a great job. He is mobile too.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
3866 posts
3983 upvotes
GTA
I think most of that can be buffed out (the white scuff marks).

But I see some spots where the paint is missing and the primer is exposed (the grey spots). Those cannot be buffed out (because there's no paint left to buff). They would need touch-up paint, or repaint the entire door. Or you could just leave them. I don't see any bare metal so nothing is going to rust.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15363 posts
12830 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mattd wrote: Try Kevin from Paintforce. He just did my bumper and did a great job. He is mobile too.
I believe the mobile guys usually only touch the plastic parts and not metal. Either way, this is too big of a job for a mobile person.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15363 posts
12830 upvotes
Richmond Hill
derass wrote: I think most of that can be buffed out (the white scuff marks).

But I see some spots where the paint is missing and the primer is exposed (the grey spots). Those cannot be buffed out (because there's no paint left to buff). They would need touch-up paint, or repaint the entire door. Or you could just leave them. I don't see any bare metal so nothing is going to rust.
As you said there's paint missing, even buffing out the white parts and using touch up paint it's going to look like ass. Would still want to cover up the paint that is missing where primer is showing. Does take much for primer to start rusting.
Jr. Member
Jul 18, 2020
169 posts
246 upvotes
EP32k2 wrote: That’s going to be costly to repair. Proper repair will require quarter panel and fender to be blown in as well.
How much do they charge if you want a perfect repair these days for something like this with color blend in with the fender and rear quarter and no orange peel.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15363 posts
12830 upvotes
Richmond Hill
lechan wrote: How much do they charge if you want a perfect repair these days for something like this with color blend in with the fender and rear quarter and no orange peel.
I would say on the “cheap side” it would be $1200-1500. You figure $500 per door plus blow-in.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 13, 2004
10870 posts
2701 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
You should polish that out so then you can see the scope of the actual damage. You dont need to put touch up paint on that full area because likely half of it can be polished off. Then once its cleaned up you can see how much damage there really is and how to fix it.

To give you an example this was my dads car after a hit & run. All I did was give it a quick Polish & then add some touch up paint. Its not perfect but unless you go up close you dont really notice it.
IMG_4731.JPG
IMG_4741.JPG
0_o
<_<
>_>
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
27700 posts
8058 upvotes
jayoldschool wrote: This will show you how to do it without repainting, but it was eventually repainted.

Thing that sucks about this is it took an incredible amount of time, patience, expertise, and it still didn't look that good--definitely not something befitting a car that's like $150k+. If that were my car (and could afford vehicles that pricey) would just have gotten it repainted and sold. Scratch like that means racecar destroyed, even if it's not exactly racecar :lol:

Top