• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2016 1:25 pm
[OP]
Mar 7, 2011
54 posts
7 upvotes
Ottawa

Screen protector

Hi everyone, I've bought about 4 screen protectors in the past (admittedly cheap ones < $5/each) and every experience is a horrible one. I'm not clumsy or anything but I can never seem to get the bubbles out. And, everytime I remove one, it leaves residue.

So your thoughts:
- buy a decent screen protector (iPhone 6S) and which one would you recommend?
- buy a regular screen protector and go to one of the mall kiosks and get someone to do it professionally?
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5427 posts
1838 upvotes
GTEH!
Currently I use a tempered glass screen protector from Inskin. It works very well for me. I got mine for @10.99.
Check them out here: http://www.inskin.ca/iPhone.
Or try Amazon.ca, they might be a little cheaper and faster shipping.
😎
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
18003 posts
4560 upvotes
Toronto
Tempered glass goes on much easier than plastic but you still have to clean the screen perfectly before hand. They also last much longer than plastic, reject finger prints better, and are easier to clean.

What I do these days when possible is buy the tempered glass protector before the phone even arrives, and apply the protector to the phone as soon as it's out of the box. That way it's already clean.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18200 posts
8056 upvotes
Oakville
Seconding (thirding?) tempered glass. SO much better.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2009
1760 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
you need scotch tape to remove the dust/residue, not your fingers or anything else.

you need the art of putting a screen protector on. i learned a lot from PMALL and watching those girls do it in like 10 seconds.

basically you can do it by putting placement stickers on your screen protector. place your protector on your phone ALL LINE UP ready to be peeled, put tape to hold it down in the place you want like a door hinge...then lift on one side of the protector with a piece of tap and peel the plastic and then pull back down with scotch tape. use a metro pass and glass cloth to push the bubbles out.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19476 posts
7596 upvotes
Toronto
Youtube has lots of good videos. Watch a few and collect all the tips.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1431 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
Just go to pacmall and get the tempered glass ones. They put those on in seconds and without bubbles!