Rogers internet rant

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2020 3:01 pm
Tags:
Aug 5, 2020
3 posts
2 upvotes

Rogers internet rant

They send me a new modem Becuase the old one dies 3 times a day but of course it doesn't work. Have to call. Problem on their end ' it will take up to 24 hours' oh ffs. Plug in old one oh great that doesn't work either. In 2 hours their 24 hour fix time will be up and we will have been without internet for an entire day Becuase of an issue on their end... apparently the account won't let the new box connect. Sounds like a 5 min fix to me. Been on the phone 4 times with them. 3 tickets created. Complained to every contact outlet they have and I'm still in the dark almost 24 hours since losing internet. Why do we have to deal with dumb and dumber (bell and Rogers) in Canada. Can't we end this monopoly and get some decent service for a change? What do I do at 3pm today when the internet still doesn't work? I've asked for this to be escalated flagged as urgent etc I'm not accepting añother 24 hour ticket. How hard can it freaking be to let my account connect to the new box? Why am I paying these clowns...
5 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20460 upvotes
OP, you are better off taking up the issue with Rogers. Don't forget, you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7069 posts
3384 upvotes
takes hours for a modem mac address to be registered into Roger's database, and from there be allowed onto their network, which is what you're facing right now. Everyone has to face this issue.
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13840 posts
5545 upvotes
Ontario
IF VDSL is available in your area or even FTTH might want to look at that next time a deal pops up. IMO it seems more reliable then cable.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)