• Last Updated:
  • Jul 4th, 2018 1:49 pm
Tags:
None
May 22, 2012
16 posts
NORTH YORK

Scripts to post on craigslist & kijiji

I see ads on kijiji and craigslist daily from certain sellers.

Are there any scripts or software you guys can recommend that works?

Or do I have to manually post daily?

Thanks in advance.
26 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2011
3835 posts
60 upvotes
Pretty sure that if you write an advertisement into a script, it would basically be the same thing as writing the advertisement into a classified ad.

Normally what you can do is CNTRL+C and CNTRL+V for copy/paste on windows.

On macs it's APPLE+C and APPLE+V

That way you can post the advertisement in both Kiji and Craigslist at the same time.

In any event I don't use either, but I thought the problem was with gangs voting down or voting out advertisements. As soon as it is posted, if it is competitive in a certain market, it's flagged by several people community within seconds and removed. Is it still like that?
Listening to UkBassRadio NsbRadio ProtonRadio Tosi - TheCrypt

Oh... you must be a better internetter than everyone else. You get paid to be here.
Aug 15, 2010
169 posts
20 upvotes
Spruce Grove
A quote from Craigslist terms and conditions you might want to be aware of:
It is expressly prohibited to post content to craigslist using any automated means. Users must post all content personally and manually through all steps of the posting process. It is also expressly prohibited for any user to develop, offer, market, sell, distribute or provide an automated means to perform any step of the posting process (in whole or in part). Any user who develops, offers, markets, sells, distributes or provides an automated means to perform any step of the posting process (in whole or in part) shall be responsible and liable to CL for each instance of access to craigslist (by any user or other third party) using that automated means.
Garland Coulson, "Captain Time"
CaptainTime.com
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2002
7041 posts
652 upvotes
BC Interior
iUnlockPhones wrote: I see ads on kijiji and craigslist daily from certain sellers.

Thanks in advance.

You'd have to post daily. A script won't save you much time really, just write the ads and paste them in as suggested. Both sites will blacklist you if you decide to go crazy and start spamming ads.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12735 posts
6256 upvotes
iUnlockPhones wrote: I see ads on kijiji and craigslist daily from certain sellers.

Thanks in advance.

There is an app called Kijiji Pro Bot that allows you to do this. There is a cost of about $50 to it. It can save a lot of time in terms of managing ads. If your IP gets blocked you can reset your Bell modem *(if that's your provider) to get another IP address or use something like Hidemyass for other providers.
Jul 12, 2012
24 posts
1 upvote
WATERLOO
I pay someone daily to post ads. However I have seen someone in st. catherines who posts 100 ads in 8 minutes. This has got to be kijiji pro bot or something similar.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal
autohotkeys with some simple scripts, done.
Sep 30, 2014
86 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Thanks in advance.
i use to post on craigslist by software but no script or software can work for long time for craiglist.
you have to do it manually or you can hire some people if you want bulk posting but remember it's illegal.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7430 posts
4677 upvotes
Ottawa
I use a script (I wrote with iMacro) to repost my ads to Kijiji (which is probably against their usage agreement). It's not perfect and you do still have to do some things manually and as web300 said, they do change ids and things every once in a while so they need to be maintained but it's certainly faster than doing it all manually.
Nov 19, 2014
81 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto, ON
IF every small business is advertising on kijiji, does it even make sense to do so? Specially when people are using bots lol.

Its spam paradise.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2006
1204 posts
467 upvotes
Mississauga
I once used a site that let me post it free and it posted once a day by itself. it was configurable, i got that site from redflagdeals forum, I cant seem to find it :( if someone can suggest it would be appreciated.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2712 posts
678 upvotes
Burlington
Likely not
postakeet.com was registered on namesilo, llc on 11 November 2015 by namesilo
Not your standard VoIP. Different and novel options & advice for my RFD friends.
Jul 30, 2013
4 posts
Montreal
STAY AWAY from Postakeet - it got my account deleted. I was stupid trying it because it's my company/service we're talking about and now it seems no matter what IP or computer I use, they know, and disable the new account... I changed words and sentences, used a slightly different address etc... I first thought was that as long as I'm going to use the same phone number to post, they will shut me down. And when an account is banned from Kijiji, the email cannot be used for another account. This haw brought a lot of trouble on my side. Just take my advice, and STAY AWAY. I am going to try again, later, with my cell phone instead.. I was bringing some nice customers by posting almost-daily on Kijiji, and now I'm stuck (for now hopefully) NOT having access to it. Pissed me off so much I dreamed about it. I suppose some of you will say "too bad for you, lesson's learned".. THERE, I said it for you, no need to tell me,
Jun 6, 2016
1 posts
Full disclosure: an employed poster for Postakeet is making this reply (we wouldn't try to be sneaky and pretend to be an unbiased user).

I'm very sorry to hear about the above story. However it is important to understand that Kijiji will never ban an account for hiring someone to post their ads for them. Kijiji will ban an account (as Postakeet makes very clear to its users) for violating Kijiji's policies. Postakeet simply posts the ads that users ask it to post and cannot be constantly monitoring in order to ensure that users are not posting duplicate ads. Postakeet is great for someone like a plumber or carpenter that has ONE ad that they would like to repost regularly each day (of course deleting any old ads before reposting to avoid duplicates) or a furniture store that has, say, 25 items it regularly sells and wants to list those 25 items each day. However, if that plumber duplicates her ads in multiple cities and tries to post 12 of them twice per day either Postakeet will close the account or Kijiji will eventually block the account. Basically, the moral of the story is: don't violate Kijiji's policies (by posting duplicate ads at once) and any ad posting service will work just fine (Postakeet included).
Jul 30, 2013
4 posts
Montreal
Hello postakeet, so what you're saying is that your company/service didn't follow Kijiji's policies on my trial account with you guys? I totally stopped posting and let my account in your hands.... Why then was my account banned? I was so pissed that I broke into a chat with them and they said they were aware of postakeet, and they are against that, and that they will probably try to shut you down. There must be some part of their 'policies' you guys are not following or I don't know what..... the bottomline is that not only this email I was using is burned, it seems kijiji are keeping an eye on me, banning the accounts and ads using the same phone number. This is terrible.

Anyway, I didn't yet try to rebuild myself an account. I'll let some time pass before trying again.
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
4050 upvotes
Toronto
anyone know how to get a feed to search key words on craigslist.kijiji? Or any good ones to recommend?
Oct 29, 2016
1 posts
Can't say anything for postthisad.com. Website looks low quality and sketchy but if it does the trick who cares.

We've been using Postakeet for a few months now. Support is only by email which sucks but they usually respond same day. Only problem I had was that I hadn't given them a postal code for ads, which Kijiji needs. But they got back to me same day and told me the problem. Other than that we haven't had a problem which is why we're still with them. As far as I know they've outsourced the posting overseas and have real people doing it which is why they're dirt cheap and it always seems to work and they send you an email if there's a problem.
May 14, 2006
434 posts
29 upvotes
anyone have any experience with either postthisad.com or postakeet.ca are they both legal? will it get me banned?
Aug 23, 2016
249 posts
70 upvotes
Guelph
I've used the coolshrimpmodz Google Chrome extension for years. It's a bit of work to work but it still saves a lot of time.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)