Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
4588 posts
1952 upvotes
GTA

Scrolling issue

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but when i'm at the top of the page in the forums and scroll down a bit the page scrolls up to the top by itself and then when i scroll down again its fine. It happens when i scroll with the mouse, the sidebar or even the keyboard, the same thing always happens. This also happens on every browser chrome/firefox and opera. Anyone else?
10 replies
Mar 29, 2015
229 posts
73 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I think it has to do with the top banner. If I scroll near the top at the cutoff point it will keep jumping back and forth as it adds the banner scrolling down and removes it scrolling up.
Apr 12, 2008
613 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
I get weird scrolling using the Android RFD app on a Samsung tablet I scroll down using my finger and when I lift it the page self-scrolls up a bit. Worse, much worse, is that too many times when I tap on a forum link the page suddenly scrolls up or down: I see it highlight a forum that was not under my finger when I tapped, and it takes me into the wrong forum. Very annoying.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
4588 posts
1952 upvotes
GTA
jechin1 wrote: I think it has to do with the top banner. If I scroll near the top at the cutoff point it will keep jumping back and forth as it adds the banner scrolling down and removes it scrolling up.
You're right it does seem to be related to that top banner.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
15409 posts
4420 upvotes
Scarberia
props for that "first unread post" click link!
saves alot of scrolling! how does it remember when i last viewed a thread? say im using multiple devices? iOs iphone, nexus 6, chrome desktop?
does it know when i last viewed a thread/post? thx
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
15053 posts
28373 upvotes
Scarborough
mikka2017 wrote: props for that "first unread post" click link!
saves alot of scrolling! how does it remember when i last viewed a thread? say im using multiple devices? iOs iphone, nexus 6, chrome desktop?
does it know when i last viewed a thread/post? thx
As long as you're logged in it should.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts] [Thread Hiding]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
8954 posts
1896 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
Can't believe I never saw this before today. Ever since we got our new tablets this has been a major annoyance. Unsticking the bar makes all the difference!