• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2008 2:18 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2007
1728 posts
2712 upvotes

[Shoppers Drug Mart] SDM 20X wub $100+ cosmetics/fragrances

Offer valid Saturday, December 13 to Friday, December 19, 2008.

*Offer valid on the purchase total of eligible products using a valid Shoppers Optimum Card
14 replies
Mar 14, 2006
347 posts
11 upvotes
has anyone heard if there'll be a redemption promo before christmas?
Dec 3, 2003
559 posts
3 upvotes
Richmond
Their tills can't differentiate whether the items scanned are cosmetic or not.

Maybe it's 20x points for any purchases over $100... :cheesygri
Sep 16, 2007
479 posts
30 upvotes
Ancaster
b1uesphere wrote: Their tills can't differentiate whether the items scanned are cosmetic or not.

FYI....The tills can and will differentiate. You will only get 20x on cosmetic items regardless of what else you buy.
Aug 11, 2004
114 posts
I hadn't read the "finer print" a month or so ago when SDM had the 20x on cosmetics and when I realized it at the cash (and I had no cosmetics etc,) and said that the only reason I got all the stuff was to get the 20x the points, the cashier said it was fine and that I'd get the points but that it's not "advertised" that that would work! And it did! :lol:
Oct 19, 2006
422 posts
70 upvotes
Peterborough
nance wrote: i hadn't read the "finer print" a month or so ago when sdm had the 20x on cosmetics and when i realized it at the cash (and i had no cosmetics etc,) and said that the only reason i got all the stuff was to get the 20x the points, the cashier said it was fine and that i'd get the points but that it's not "advertised" that that would work! And it did! :lol:
no way!!
Peterboro..ON
Nov 16, 2006
566 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
sdm sometimes does "secret" promos where the only way of knowing about them is to give them your email. but yes it does happen sometimes when a customer gets an unexpected 20x.

btw id say this deal is cold. how many times have we seen them increase the small blind. I remember they did this exact same promo with a minimum purchase of $50.

Same goes for the movie tix last weekend, you had to spend $75. Before was $50. I guess they hired new accountants.
Jan 27, 2006
641 posts
COURTENAY
b1uesphere wrote: Their tills can't differentiate whether the items scanned are cosmetic or not.

Has anybody gone shopping yet and bought non cosmetic stuff and still got the 20x points?
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
1905 posts
76 upvotes
angiek wrote: Has anybody gone shopping yet and bought non cosmetic stuff and still got the 20x points?
I would love to know too :D
Jan 27, 2006
641 posts
COURTENAY
addicted2it wrote: I would love to know too :D

Anyone know for sure--
I am stuck at work so I can't go find out til later---
Aug 3, 2008
361 posts
74 upvotes
Well looks like we have until Friday, so hopefully before that someone buys a Wii or something and can report back!
Nov 24, 2007
79 posts
16 upvotes
went to purchase the sony camera @ $88 and lured them into bringing it to the cosmetic counter cashier. topped it to $100 but cash girl said no bonus unless all items are cosmetics. receipt shows the same.

boo
Jan 27, 2006
641 posts
COURTENAY
mercurialcc wrote: went to purchase the sony camera @ $88 and lured them into bringing it to the cosmetic counter cashier. topped it to $100 but cash girl said no bonus unless all items are cosmetics. receipt shows the same.

boo
Oh darn wish it wasn't that way.
Thank you for letting us know.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1505 posts
8 upvotes
minimum of $100 is kinda :(
if it was $50, id jump in and get a bottle of Euphoria.