Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] SDM Avenue Road & Lawrence (Toronto) - 1-Year Anniversary - Fuji S1500fd - $179.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2009 8:32 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
17336 posts
4571 upvotes
Toronto

[Shoppers Drug Mart] SDM Avenue Road & Lawrence (Toronto) - 1-Year Anniversary - Fuji S1500fd - $179.99

Shoppers Drug Mart at Avenue Road & Lawrence is celebrating its 1-Year Anniversary. Besides having a loaf of bread slightly cheaper and a few other items, the electronics highlight is the

Fuji S1500fd for $179.99
Regular Price $249.99 at Future Shop

[IMG]http://www.fotodiscountworld.com/catalo ... %20www.jpg[/IMG]

Details About The Camera

1500 Avenue Road (Avenue & Lawrence) in Toronto
In-Stock. Sale ends midnight Friday September 25.

Tip: Even though there's no bonus redemption right now, a regular redemption at the highest level would help quite a bit
Camera will cost $203.39 - $150.00 (from 75,000 Optimum Points redeemed=highest level) = $53.39

Not quite a DSLR, but something to open you up into the world and mindframe ;)
RedFlagDeals addict
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
6300 posts
1341 upvotes
Toronto
What else is on there anniversary sale? thanks
Nov 26, 2002
604 posts
61 upvotes
Mega / Ultra Zoom camera not an Entry Level DSLR... i'd hate for someone to get confused by your description.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2005
2667 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
considering most ppl that own DSLR just shoot in automatic mode, I think we close enough
[QUOTE]there's no such thing as a stupid question unless it's a really stupid question - me[/QUOTE]
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1848 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto
flito ray wrote: considering most ppl that own DSLR just shoot in automatic mode, I think we close enough
i cringe reading that because it's true... :S
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
17336 posts
4571 upvotes
Toronto
hempopotamus wrote: Mega / Ultra Zoom camera not an Entry Level DSLR... i'd hate for someone to get confused by your description.
I think most people will at least click on my link to the Fuji website and see that the lens and sensor is somewhat similar to digital cameras on the market, but also see that the manual modes and 12x optical is unique to this camera (over regular compact digitals).

I would also hope that most people won't read the description and run out and drop $200 on a camera without 5 minutes of comparison shopping :lol:
The price point is good. The technology is decent. The DSLR isn't the best.
RedFlagDeals addict
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2004
1030 posts
18 upvotes
DaVibe wrote: I think most people will at least click on my link to the Fuji website and see that the lens and sensor is somewhat similar to digital cameras on the market, but also see that the manual modes and 12x optical is unique to this camera (over regular compact digitals).

I would also hope that most people won't read the description and run out and drop $200 on a camera without 5 minutes of comparison shopping :lol:
The price point is good. The technology is decent. The DSLR isn't the best.
You obviously have no clue what DSLR is or what makes them different from cheaper point-and-shoot cameras. This camera is a cheap trick to try to fool people like you that they are getting something that they are not.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
17336 posts
4571 upvotes
Toronto
Eyeman wrote: You obviously have no clue what DSLR is or what makes them different from cheaper point-and-shoot cameras. This camera is a cheap trick to try to fool people like you that they are getting something that they are not.
In actuality, I have a pretty good wealth of camera knowledge.
When it comes to DSLR's, not as much as regular point and shoot digital cams, however I think I can tell the difference from basic/below average to mid and highpoint cameras.

I'm not going to flat out say "Oh this camera sucks!" because it doesn't. This camera has a place in the market, especially at such a price point. I listed the reasons as to why someone would want this camera already. Other reviewers on the internet will say the same as well. Sorry to offend you, Dr. Nikon.

And don't yap at OP's for posting deals.
RedFlagDeals addict
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
17336 posts
4571 upvotes
Toronto
Other Items On Sale This Week

Dempster's Smart White with Whole Grain Bread - 570g - $1.99
Kawarth Ice Cream - 1.5L - $4.88
Quo Cosmetic Brushes (Selected Types) - 50% off (Limit 4)
Royale 2-Ply (132's) or 3-Ply (88's) Facial Tissue - $0.49 (Limit 4)
San Pellegrino - 12 x 750ml - $14.99
RedFlagDeals addict
May 30, 2007
121 posts
3 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Eyeman wrote: You obviously have no clue what DSLR is or what makes them different from cheaper point-and-shoot cameras. This camera is a cheap trick to try to fool people like you that they are getting something that they are not.
This camera has:
- Intelligent Scene Recognition - Automatically sets the optimal shooting /
scene mode to get perfect pictures every time.
- Dual Image Stabilization - A CCD Shift Image Stabilization mechanism
operates
in tandem with high sensitivity to minimize blurring caused by camera shake
or subject movement.
- Panorama Shooting Mode - Combine 3 photos into 1 and create high impact
panoramic pictures.
- Face Detection with Auto Red-Eye Removal- Wherever the faces are in the
frame, Face Detection detects, automatically removes red-eye and brings
them in crisp focus.

A super-zoom for $180.00 is not bad.
Where can you find a DSLR for $180.00 (with lens included)?