Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] SDM Friends and Family 20% off sale (December 11th)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2018 4:20 am
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7243 posts
607 upvotes
Fyi for those wondering about the 20 percent off combined with the 40 percent back in points, just got written confirmation from the case opened yesterday that the transaction will go through and the points will be awarded in 2 weeks. Hope that puts people's minds at rest.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
32260 posts
3118 upvotes
Winnipeg
uglyguy wrote: I had my eyes on Amazon Fire HD8 for $81 but I can't find 3 of the stores (south Edmonton) near me. I think that's the best one for that price, imo.
It seems they only carry entry level pads, no ipad or s3, or even mid range like the huawai media pad pro redmi note pad pro, I'm looking for 10" pad.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
32260 posts
3118 upvotes
Winnipeg
cipher wrote: I got a coupon in my email this morning....Dec 12....what idiots...
figured it would be in your app?
Aug 16, 2015
688 posts
304 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Happy13178 wrote: Fyi for those wondering about the 20 percent off combined with the 40 percent back in points, just got written confirmation from the case opened yesterday that the transaction will go through and the points will be awarded in 2 weeks. Hope that puts people's minds at rest.
I expect that will be the case given that the 20x coupon stacked for those who had it - so why would the system handle this one any differently? Are you able to post the confirmation?
Feb 26, 2016
871 posts
188 upvotes
Vaughan
alkaint wrote: Many used both, there is no restriction between the two. Should have atleast read the forum as many people talked about not being able to return and rebuy. This is/was the best deal to arrive for any console as both offers are never offered at the same time and the ability to get both happens once in a blue moon.
I know.. unfortunately, I missed out on doubling up (or even more) on the savings. this thread was long and I had a busy day at work. didn't have time to read through it all. I just got my wife to go to the nearby shoppers to check it out and when there were switch games, I was just happy that the 20% off worked. especially since a lot of sdm stores don't even carry switch systems and games.
Aug 31, 2012
107 posts
82 upvotes
Barrie
thecrashton wrote: They're quite hidden away eh? Right at the edge of the store in a glass cabinet, FACING the wall. They're certainly not pushing the product that's for sure haha.
Right?? Haha. And they do passport photos right there too so it's crazy awkward to browse the cabinet. I prefer the setup at the Shoppers at Cundles/Duckworth where they are behind the cash, but maybe that's why there were barely any Switch games at that location. I'm just pleased I only had to check out those two stores.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2009
1446 posts
284 upvotes
Renous
Happy13178 wrote: Fyi for those wondering about the 20 percent off combined with the 40 percent back in points, just got written confirmation from the case opened yesterday that the transaction will go through and the points will be awarded in 2 weeks. Hope that puts people's minds at rest.
Could you post a snip of the conversation? Even if you leave out specifics of your situation.. just a confirmation of being able to use both at the same time.
Reserved for future time travellers
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7243 posts
607 upvotes
Will post screenshot later, but text of the conversation says

Thank you for contacting PC Optimum Member Care.
Just to let you know that the transaction is there and points will be awarded two weeks after promotion end date.
So wait till the time frame.

It’s been a pleasure to assist you today. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Dec 18, 2012
447 posts
145 upvotes
aceblade wrote: Right?? Haha. And they do passport photos right there too so it's crazy awkward to browse the cabinet. I prefer the setup at the Shoppers at Cundles/Duckworth where they are behind the cash, but maybe that's why there were barely any Switch games at that location. I'm just pleased I only had to check out those two stores.
They have next to nothing at Cundles/Duckworth and I think the only other SDM in town that has anything resembling video games is Wellington. Bayfield has the best selection for sure, and quite a bit of stock, but yea it's SUPER hidden away. Good for us RFDers I guess in that no one else sees them in stock lol
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2006
1728 posts
201 upvotes
Markham
Happy13178 wrote: Will post screenshot later, but text of the conversation says

Thank you for contacting PC Optimum Member Care.
Just to let you know that the transaction is there and points will be awarded two weeks after promotion end date.
So wait till the time frame.

It’s been a pleasure to assist you today. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Thank you! Hopefully no issues, will be keeping an eye out on my PC Optimum app.
PSN ID: liquidimpulse
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7243 posts
607 upvotes
Fyi all, points just showed up in my account...worth checking your own.
Nov 28, 2013
8 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Happy13178 wrote: Fyi all, points just showed up in my account...worth checking your own.
What day did you use the 40% off offer? I used mine on the 11th, but nothing has showed up yet.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7243 posts
607 upvotes
muskiehunter wrote: What day did you use the 40% off offer? I used mine on the 11th, but nothing has showed up yet.
Mine was on the 11th....not sure if mine processed sooner because I had a case open? In any case, if I got mine, others should be getting as well.
Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
14339 posts
3323 upvotes
Markham
Just received my 40% points back.
Redeemed 60k. Got back 24K
Used in with the 20% off F&F coupon
Excellent deal
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro