Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] SDM: Invite your friends event is back! Earn up to 88000 Shoppers Optimum Points

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2010 5:34 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
6808 posts
2943 upvotes
North York
I have been group leader in the past few SDM events and is starting a new group again.

If interested, please PM me with your:
Name
Optimum card number
Email address

Currently opened to RFD members with minimum 100 posts only. Thank you in advance for your co-operation!
Jan 29, 2007
368 posts
31 upvotes
Here is an update of my group. Group completed.

00-me
01-secret-_-angel (confirmed)
02-secret-_-angel's family (confirmed)
03-TriggerHappy (confirmed)
04-moonrider77 (confirmed)
05-killoverme (confirmed)
06-BananaWeed (confirmed)
07-darkmagician (confirmed)
08-bfr (confirmed)
09-Nightwing (confirmed)
10-akz (confirmed)

Point distribution related update is here.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2005
2724 posts
157 upvotes
Still looking for members. Please PM me if interested. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
1041 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
Update: all points will be transferred by mid night tonight(august 21). Thank you everyone for participating!

Looking for RFD members that fits the requirements.
1. Joined more than six months ago
2. A minimum of 100 posts.

If you have the minimum requirements please PM me your email and SDM #.
All participants are required to keep their receipts for verifications.

1. Me (Confirmed)
2. Dragon2000 (Confirmed) *Receipt Verified
3. Beachlover (Confirmed) *Receipt Verified
4. Vexvex (Confirmed) *Receipt Verified
5. Harry (Confirmed) *Receipt Verified
6. Moturismo (Confirmed) *Receipt Verified
7. Mrbamboo (Confirmed)
8. Olp79 (Confirmed) *Receipt Verified
9. Vertigo (Confirmed) *Receipt Verified
10. Dishguy1977 (Confirmed)
11. Davesnothere (Confirmed) *Receipt Verified

Rules:
Check back to this post(#394) for all updates
You will receive 7272 points on top of your own (8000) bonus points (assuming full participation)
Remember you have to shop a minimum of $30 before tax and check for items that are excluded. Please take a minute to read the fine print below.

*Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points are issued according to the net pretax purchase total of eligible products after redemptions and discounts and before taxes using a valid Shoppers Optimum Card®. Excludes prescription purchases, Shoppers Optimum® Mastercard® points, products that contain codeine, non-pointable items, tobacco products (where applicable), lottery tickets, stamps, transit tickets and passes, event tickets, gift cards, prepaid card products and Shoppers Home Healthcare® locations. Offer applies to photofinishing services that are picked up and paid for on Monday, August 9, Tuesday, August 10, Wednesday, August 11, Thursday, August 12 or Friday, August 13, 2010. Not to be used in conjunction with any other Shoppers Optimum Points® promotions or offers. A maximum of 8,000 bonus points will be awarded to the registrant that shops and makes a one–time purchase of $30 or more on Monday, August 9, Tuesday, August 10, Wednesday, August 11, Thursday, August 12 or Friday, August 13, 2010. An additional 8,000 bonus points will be awarded to the registrant for each direct referral that registers and makes a purchase of $30 or more on Monday, August 9, Tuesday, August 10, Wednesday, August 11, Thursday, August 12 or Friday, August 13, 2010 to a maximum of 88,000 bonus points for ten (10) direct referrals. A maximum of 88,000 bonus points will be awarded per registrant. Registrant must shop and spend $30 or more to be eligible to receive referral bonus points. Both the registrant and referral must register online before shopping and spending $30 or more at Shoppers Drug Mart on Monday, August 9, Tuesday, August 10, Wednesday, August 11, Thursday, August 12 or Friday, August 13, 2010 in order to receive the bonus points. The additional points will be awarded to the registrant's account by August 21, 2010.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
3717 posts
1103 upvotes
Ontario
madeals wrote:
Aug 7th, 2010 3:12 pm
Here is an update of my group. 8 confirmed. 2 more to go.
PM sent, looking for group
Sep 30, 2007
52 posts
4 upvotes
Need a group to join. Please send me a PM and will reply immediately.

edit: Joined "west" group.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
2496 posts
867 upvotes
Toronto
I want to join a group with an experienced group leader.....and experienced RFDer....
update :joined "west" group
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2007
4300 posts
1091 upvotes
Does anybody know if I can do this:

Go to SDM on Sat or Sun,
Buy a SDM gift card (say $30) as per the FAQ link somebody previously posted
Buy $20 worth of stuff to get the 10% off + 10 x points if you spend at least $50 promotion
Go on Monday and use the $30 gift card for this SDM referral promotion

Was this SDM referral promotion emailed to SDM point acct holder's email? Since the email I gave them when I opened the account is no longer used, perhaps thats why I didn't know about it.
Speedy1 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2010 2:13 am
Where did this deal come from?

THere is no mention of it in the BC SDM flyer.

Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2005
2724 posts
157 upvotes
Speedy1 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2010 4:31 pm
Does anybody know if I can do this:

Go to SDM on Sat or Sun,
Buy a SDM gift card (say $30) as per the FAQ link somebody previously posted
Buy $20 worth of stuff to get the 10% off + 10 x points if you spend at least $50 promotion
Go on Monday and use the $30 gift card for this SDM referral promotion

Was this SDM referral promotion emailed to SDM point acct holder's email? Since the email I gave them when I opened the account is no longer used, perhaps thats why I didn't know about it.
Yes you can participate in both promotion. Weekend and weekday. No it doesn't work out like that. You can't spend $20 on weekend and $30 weekday. The weekend promotion $50 must be made in one transaction.

There's advertisement on their website regarding the referral chain
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
3657 posts
1132 upvotes
Montreal
WhatADeal! Please pm me & refer post #70!!

I saw you here!!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
8370 posts
1508 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
To previous long term members of my groups, it looks like I will only be able to run 2 groups this time due to the owner's of the other 2 cards I use for group leaders are likely not available. My first two groups are full. If you need another group but not sure who to trust, I can offer some suggestions if needed.
Jan 21, 2009
51 posts
i need a group please pm me, i have my optimum card at the ready. going shopping there on monday.

thanks
May 4, 2006
244 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
dectim wrote:
Aug 6th, 2010 10:28 pm
I'm opening 2 groups. I did participate at similar events in the past, leading groups.
Please pm me
-your optimum card number and
-your email
if interested to join, and willing to spend min $30 (before tax) next Monday to Friday (Aug 09-13)
Hopefully, like it always happened in our groups in the past, everybody in the group will shop, and we will share max of points (this time, if everybody in the group shops: 80,000 / 11 = 7,272 points)
Thank you.

update:

dectim group #1
1 simonac (family) confirmed
2 florinc (friend) confirmed
3 mmsindiescu (friend) invite sent
4 alinac(family) confirmed
5 fierarum (friend) invite sent
6 s05128 confirmed
7 IceCreamPi confirmed
10marksmom confirmed

dectim group #2
1 starinyoureye confirmed
2 boywonder invite sent
3 carrotjuice confirmed
4 atamb invite sent
5 bn1701 confirmed
still have spots left...
pm your card # and email if serious about participating at this event.
thanks