• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2016 3:00 am
[OP]
Nov 12, 2012
702 posts
117 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Playstation 4 Camera - $40 ($74.99) YMMV

I went to the Shoppers in Meadowvale Town Centre they had the PS4 camera reduced for $40. Wasn't sure if i should've pulled the trigger as I don't know if there are regular sales on these but it appeared as a good deal. They had 3 in stock this afternoon. Im guessing is YMMV if someone wants to double check their local shop would be nice.
Images
14 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
2102 posts
1421 upvotes
Nova Scotia
$20 clearance rack at the SDM in my town. I was looking for a reason to buy it. If I'm not going to do VR (no room), is there anything good to use it for? I've got a couple of move controllers that I got on clearance years ago with a couple of wonderbook bundles.
Sep 5, 2005
795 posts
1033 upvotes
On RFD
Look very YMMV but i will check my local Sdm tomorrow. Good deal for people who want psvr but already have the move controllers but not the camera.
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10510 posts
5136 upvotes
Toronto
cliffclaven wrote: $20 clearance rack at the SDM in my town. I was looking for a reason to buy it. If I'm not going to do VR (no room), is there anything good to use it for? I've got a couple of move controllers that I got on clearance years ago with a couple of wonderbook bundles.
that's a crazy price

you can buy it and resell it for someone looking to get Playstation VR
Nov 26, 2015
86 posts
35 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Anyone know any SDM's that have it around Toronto or South Etobicoke?
Nov 17, 2015
44 posts
14 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Has anyone seen these on sale in Winnipeg?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2614 posts
1900 upvotes
Scarborough
I remember buying this for 50 bucks a couple of years ago. Then I realized it was completely useless, like zero purpose... sold it on Amazon for the same minus fees. Seriously, what was the point of this thing?!
Oct 14, 2010
480 posts
101 upvotes
skinnydoggy wrote: I remember buying this for 50 bucks a couple of years ago. Then I realized it was completely useless, like zero purpose... sold it on Amazon for the same minus fees. Seriously, what was the point of this thing?!
Required for VR
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6670 posts
3691 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
cliffclaven wrote:$20 clearance rack at the SDM in my town. I was looking for a reason to buy it. If I'm not going to do VR (no room), is there anything good to use it for? I've got a couple of move controllers that I got on clearance years ago with a couple of wonderbook bundles.
That's great........aaaaaaand........where was that again?????????
deadpool17 wrote: Where is that?
Don'tcha just love it when people tell you it's even cheaper where they live.....give zero information where that is.....then conveniently disappear from the thread?
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3432 posts
3441 upvotes
Mordor
Woah! wrote:
cliffclaven wrote:$20 clearance rack at the SDM in my town. I was looking for a reason to buy it. If I'm not going to do VR (no room), is there anything good to use it for? I've got a couple of move controllers that I got on clearance years ago with a couple of wonderbook bundles.
That's great........aaaaaaand........where was that again?????????
deadpool17 wrote: Where is that?
Don'tcha just love it when people tell you it's even cheaper where they live.....give zero information where that is.....then conveniently disappear from the thread?
I am guessing somewhere in Nunavut
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2614 posts
1900 upvotes
Scarborough
dorkus99 wrote:
skinnydoggy wrote: I remember buying this for 50 bucks a couple of years ago. Then I realized it was completely useless, like zero purpose... sold it on Amazon for the same minus fees. Seriously, what was the point of this thing?!
Required for VR
Great, but what WAS the point?

And is it just me, or are these downvotes making people not want to add to a discussion/post deals?
Oct 14, 2010
480 posts
101 upvotes
skinnydoggy wrote:
dorkus99 wrote:
Required for VR

And is it just me, or are these downvotes making people not want to add to a discussion/post deals?
The point before VR came out was for games like Just Dance.. my Kids still use my PS Move on the PS3 all the time for Just Dance games and other move titles that are well suited for kids. Easier than trying to use a controller. Another major use is for streamers to also supply video/audio of themselves playing...
Nov 26, 2015
86 posts
35 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
skinnydoggy wrote:
dorkus99 wrote:
Required for VR

Not useless at all, one of the main things is for streaming purposes so people can have a more streamlines way of doing it, and yes certain games also integrate with the camera for features such as gameplay mechanics and certain games such as NBA 2k involve the ability to face scan yourself into the game. Considering how many streamers like to just be able to put video quickly and easily and don't wanna have a computer nearby with a good quality camera attached to it, it comes in handy also the mic can pick up multiple players if you stream with others around or co-op games.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)