Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shoppers Drug Mart

SDM SuperSpendEvent 25K=$50(extra $16) 50K=$110($25extra) 95K=$220(extra $50) June8-9

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 9th, 2013 5:48 pm
Tags:
None
55 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5865 posts
3138 upvotes
Winnipeg
Thanks OP.
Is this open to everyone or only with invitation?
Feb 28, 2006
766 posts
241 upvotes
Wpegger wrote: Thanks OP.
Is this open to everyone or only with invitation?
The card is not invitation, it is a notice. So it is for everyone.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7441 posts
4191 upvotes
Moncton, NB
sweet we have over 150000 points and waiting for an event like this... but then the question is what to buy? Like my wife said the diapers and baby stuff is way more expensive than walmart so really spending all those points seem like a waste... maybe daddy will get an Xbox 360 lol
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9536 posts
3185 upvotes
Damn I guess $250 is permanently gone :( . Hopefully a decent flyer as I have almost a million points. The game systems might not be such a good deal this time with speculation over imminent MSRP cuts
If you aren't willing to take small losses, then you will take big losses. This is my guarantee. -
Mark Minervini
Jan 15, 2009
99 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
Yea, i was thinking about the same thing when I saw it in the mail, it's been 220 for the last few times. The last time it was 250 was over a year and a half ago
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9536 posts
3185 upvotes
Last june it was $200 for a lesser number of points being virtually the same valuation as $250. The expected $250 pre xmas didnt happen and now we miss the good deal again (SOME recently got a 1 time use coupon for a better valuation then this)
If you aren't willing to take small losses, then you will take big losses. This is my guarantee. -
Mark Minervini
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2008
1754 posts
493 upvotes
Wtf? How do people have so many points for SDM? I thought most ppl shopped at Walmart/No Frills.. no?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5865 posts
3138 upvotes
Winnipeg
saffant wrote: Wtf? How do people have so many points for SDM? I thought most ppl shopped at Walmart/No Frills.. no?
Looks like you haven't followed those SDM threads in the past. You don't need to shop there regularly.
I don't have 1 million though, but close to a quarter.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1021 posts
867 upvotes
zoro69 wrote: Last june it was $200 for a lesser number of points being virtually the same valuation as $250. The expected $250 pre xmas didnt happen and now we miss the good deal again (SOME recently got a 1 time use coupon for a better valuation then this)
Damn, I should've taken advantage of the redemption last June then. Do you think it might be possible a similar valuation still might happen sometime from now until the end of this year? I have more than enough points for 2 max redemptions, but SDM lacks big-ticket items I really want, and reasonable prices on groceries/drugs that I can get elsewhere for cheaper. I've been sitting on a pile of points with nothing to buy. -_-
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
2573 posts
1947 upvotes
Nova Scotia
saffant wrote: Wtf? How do people have so many points for SDM? I thought most ppl shopped at Walmart/No Frills.. no?
There are certain items that I buy regularly that SDM has for the same price or actually cheaper than the other stores available near me. Milk, cheese, eggs, bacon, cream - when on sale, are lower priced than the competition (small town, west coast). So I always do a big shop on 20x points days, 18500 pt days etc. Very easy to rack up the points. The cashiers are always amazed at how many points I have. If everyone worked the system like I do, SDM wouldn't be so generous with the points.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1021 posts
867 upvotes
cliffclaven wrote: There are certain items that I buy regularly that SDM has for the same price or actually cheaper than the other stores available near me. Milk, cheese, eggs, bacon, cream - when on sale, are lower priced than the competition (small town, west coast). So I always do a big shop on 20x points days, 18500 pt days etc. Very easy to rack up the points. The cashiers are always amazed at how many points I have. If everyone worked the system like I do, SDM wouldn't be so generous with the points.
I don't follow SDM sales as closely as others do--do the bonus points days correspond with decent sales on household items like groceries, etc? I always found the sale items to be sub-par, but I never really paid attention, though. The way I racked up points was by using their Optimum Mastercard, and then buying electronics that I knew was similarly priced elsewhere.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
4399 posts
1248 upvotes
Hey guys what do the nexus go for these days?
Feb 5, 2007
772 posts
407 upvotes
cliffclaven wrote: There are certain items that I buy regularly that SDM has for the same price or actually cheaper than the other stores available near me. Milk, cheese, eggs, bacon, cream - when on sale, are lower priced than the competition (small town, west coast). So I always do a big shop on 20x points days, 18500 pt days etc. Very easy to rack up the points. The cashiers are always amazed at how many points I have. If everyone worked the system like I do, SDM wouldn't be so generous with the points.
I agree. Not hard to get to $50 with milk, toilet paper, butter, bacon, sugar, and some other essentials that are on sale. I only buy things on sale and things we use. Sitting at over 200K points right now.
Deal Guru
Nov 5, 2001
11976 posts
3168 upvotes
Edmonton
Search the expired section for SDM and Cadbury and all the insanity will be revealed.

Still have 4-5 copy boxes full of chocolate bars. Didn't join the seven digit point club but got close...
Mar 21, 2012
84 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver
I think still $269.99
Mint wrote: Hey guys what do the nexus go for these days?
Jan 3, 2007
458 posts
261 upvotes
Mint wrote: Hey guys what do the nexus go for these days?
The Nexus 7 still goes for $269 at SDM. I think lowest I've seen on BB/FS is like $199 once, it's very rare that Nexus 7 goes on sale. I got my Nexus 7 at SDM around end of April, I used a 25% off coupon and redeem 95k of points. The cashier applied my 25% coupon first then used my points,I think it's supposed to be the other way around, so it works out to be a slightly better deal than getting it on redemption day.

They also sell a 10 inch Acer Iconia tablet, that one goes for $299 these days I think, used to be $329. I kinda regret I didn't get that instead, because personally I'm used to using ipad. 7 inch Nexus 7 feels like a slightly bigger Nexus 4 that I'm using.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)